Hey gang, A deck question

Mr. Y

Hey Gang.

One more question. My nephew was wondering if he can bring a game on deck to play with his friends. I don't know too much about this, but he explained it to me. He said the game is on a table, sort of like a ping pong table, and they line cups up with water in it. Then they have a team of two on each side that try to throw ping pongs in the cup of water. Obviously the point is to get all the ping pongs in the cup of water before your opponent does.

He said he got the table off a website and it shouldn't take up too much space. Anyone know if you bring something like that on deck?

Thanks Gang.

Where, what deck??? The only space would be near the ping pong table, if no one is playing or pick a place where people arent. This is a ship and space is at a preiumium. The balls will be rolling off the table and if you set them up, even on the deck above the pool where some loungers are to lay out, its going to probably annoy people unless you find a unused lounge.

The piano bar isnt always booked up and empty or there is a bar across from it. (which ship are you on again??) that would be conquest class. A bar not being used though might work.

you are being had Mr.Y.

This game is called Beer Pong

Beer Pong (also known as Beirut) is a drinking game in which players throw a ping-pong ball across a table with the intent of landing the ball in a cup of beer/water on the other end. The game typically consists of two two-to-four-player teams and multiple cups set up on each side set up in triangle formation.[1] There are no official rules, so rules may vary widely, though usually there are six or ten plastic cups arranged in a triangle on each side.

The goal of the game is to eliminate the other teams' cups before one's own cups are eliminated. When a ball lands in a cup, which are generally 1/4 to 1/3 full,[2] that cup is eliminated and the defending team must consume all of the beer inside that cup and any other cups knocked over.

The losing team must consume all the beer remaining in the winning team's cups.[1] The order of play varies – both players on one team shoot followed by both players on the other team, or players on opposite teams can alternate back and forth.[3]

Thanks Gang for the response and the alert that this game may not be played for water. I will ask my nephew if he is playing with beer. I wonder if some of my hosses knew what this game was about. We don't want anyone losing their breakfast.

Definitely a drinking game. And a pretty good one. And I've never seen it played with water. It could be a pretty fun deck game, though the wind may play tricks with the ping pong balls. Might wanna question your nephew a little further regarding the contents of his cups Mr Y.

This is probably not the best game to play on a ship. I don't know where you are going, but I would imagine there are any number of beach clubs that would let you use a table to set up the game. As long as you keep buying the beer to refill the cups, they probably wouldn't mind. Would probably attact a fun crowd too.

Hey Gang.

I talked to my nephew and he reassured me that he plans on playing this game with water so I won't have to worry about his gang. I told him it will be OK to bring the table and set up on the deck.

Thanks Gang.

Hey Gang.

I talked to my nephew and he reassured me that he plans on playing this game with water so I won't have to worry about his gang. I told him it will be OK to bring the table and set up on the deck.

Thanks Gang.

Ok....if you say so!!! lol

how big is this table - will it be a carry on or checked. Why not use tables available - seems like a lot of trouble for a game involving beer (oh ya, he told you water - hey I got some real nice land for sale you might be interested in) Me thinks you have been had.

Hey Gang.

Thanks Gang.

No problemo, he should also consider bringing on board a billiards table with him and perhaps full size jukebox.

Tell him here's the deal, he can play his game as long as the cups are filled with water from the pool. No worry then about them drinking what's in the cups.

BTW, in Vegas they have areas in some of the casinsos set aside for nothing but beer pong. Mostly played by college aged crowd but I've been known to partake.:eek: And win.

Hey Gang.

Thanks Gang.

Mr.Why

You should set this table up in the middle of the Lido deck and make a scene....Im sure the sunbathers will really enjoy the festivities!

This game is quarters, with an updated version for today. It is also one of the major alcohol games at college parties.

Quarters and Beer Pong are two separate games...although both usually involve drunk college kids;)

Quarters is an individual game where as beer pong is a team effort.

A beer pong table is usually 6-8 feet long! Is he really going to carry that on board? Why not use the deck itself? Just set up the cups at the correct distance and bounce the ping pong ball in.

This game is quarters, with an updated version for today. It is also one of the major alcohol games at college parties.

Might have changed since I was in college 25+ years ago, but quarters is not at all related to Beer Pong except the drinking part.

Beer Pong is team game played on a long table. Multiple cups on each side and you try to throw balls into the other teams cups. First team to lose all their cups is the loser.

Quarters was an individual game. Usually played with a short mug or old-fashioned glass filled with a "beverage". You would bounce the quarter off the table. If you got it in the glass, you could make someone else drink. If you "rimmed" the glass, you got another turn. We played that three in a row and you could make a rule, such as no swearing, no saying the word "drink", no first names, etc.

Oh those crazy college days. :)

Wow...I can't believe anyone would buy a special table for beer pong (I mean water pong, of course;)).

Back in my crazy college sorority days, we also used a special table- we called it the kitchen or dining room table!! LOL!

I can't imagine that he would want to carry this onto the ship with him- and i sure hope he isn't flying into port with it. I wonder how much extra the airlines would charge for that?:cool:

Take care,

Diana:)

Wow...I can't believe anyone would buy a special table for beer pong (I mean water pong, of course;)).

Back in my crazy college sorority days, we also used a special table- we called it the kitchen or dining room table!! LOL!

I can't imagine that he would want to carry this onto the ship with him- and i sure hope he isn't flying into port with it. I wonder how much extra the airlines would charge for that?:cool:

Take care,

Diana:)

Mr. Why

I suggest Southwest, if you have to fly into port......zero baggage fees:rolleyes:

I see that we are actually on the same cruise, if your nephew needs any assistance give me a email mrg7890@gmail.com

Lets make this water pong game happen!!! Inspiration Feb18-21 KC10 :eek:

Archived