1 night pre cruise, 8th May, Hotel Recs. please

cf2404

I'm looking for a 1 night pre cruise stayin Fort Lauderdale on 8th May. We arrive into MIA and will take some sort of shuttle transfer to Fort Lauderdale (not yet booked). Looking for very clean, safe, comfortable hotel, short walking distance to stores/restaurants and easy access to cruise terminal the next day (short taxi or shuttle transfer is fine). Maybe would also like to visit Las Olas area in the evening.

Coming in on budget from my searches are the following:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Ramada F/L Airport

Best Western Airport South Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn Airport

Hilton Garden Inn F/L Airport

How do these fit my shopping/dining requirement and can any be recommended or should be avoided? Or any other recommendations in similar price bracket? (budget around $100)

Thanks

I'm looking for a 1 night pre cruise stayin Fort Lauderdale on 8th May. We arrive into MIA and will take some sort of shuttle transfer to Fort Lauderdale (not yet booked). Looking for very clean, safe, comfortable hotel, short walking distance to stores/restaurants and easy access to cruise terminal the next day (short taxi or shuttle transfer is fine). Maybe would also like to visit Las Olas area in the evening.

Coming in on budget from my searches are the following:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Ramada F/L Airport

Best Western Airport South Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn Airport

Hilton Garden Inn F/L Airport

How do these fit my shopping/dining requirement and can any be recommended or should be avoided? Or any other recommendations in similar price bracket? (budget around $100)

Thanks

The Hilton Marina is so far superior to the other places on your list it is kind of shocking. Erase from your mind the Ramada.

Shuttles from MIA to the FLL area are somewhat limited - taxis, SuperShuttle and limo services. You might be better off looking at a one-way car rental which would save you money and give you some flexability as far as dining and shopping. Good luck!:)

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport before. Some people on here will say it wasn't nice, but my fiance and I had a good experience and were very happy. Our rate was about $159 which included shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port. It is very close to the cruise port. Maybe a 10-15 minute ride by bus. It also included a breakfast at the hotel. We would stay there again if leaving port in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived