Has anyone done this snorkling booze cruise before??

alidee12

this is the site: http://bahamassnorkel.com/bahamas-booze-cruise-and-snorkel.php

it looks to be the best deal ($60ea) since it says you get unlimited tropical drinks and a lunch. has anyone done this one? if so, how are the snorkling sites? how long do you get to snorkel and is the private beach nice??

out of all of the trips this seems like you get the most for your dollar.

i'm sure i could drink more than $60 worth of those drinks anyways haha

this is the site: http://bahamassnorkel.com/bahamas-booze-cruise-and-snorkel.php

it looks to be the best deal ($60ea) since it says you get unlimited tropical drinks and a lunch. has anyone done this one? if so, how are the snorkling sites? how long do you get to snorkel and is the private beach nice??

out of all of the trips this seems like you get the most for your dollar.

i'm sure i could drink more than $60 worth of those drinks anyways haha

i've done it many times, but not lately.

They stop at one of two places (depending on the weather)

Inner harbour at Athol Island, which is a nice sea garden, then a small beach at the end of the deserted island.

the other location is just around the bend on the same island. Snorkeling is at the same sea garden, but if the weather permits, you land on a larger beach on the same island, facing the open water, not the harbour.

DJ is fun, food is good, the drinks that they pour are rum punch. If you want anything else, there's a open bar where you can buy beer and other drink choices and specials.

Rum punch is fine for most.

We've always had a great time.

Hmm. Booze and snorkleing. Sounds like a risky combination. Better wear your vest!

Then again, vomit makes great fish food!

Those who are snorkeling get a bracelet when they first get on the boat. They are NOT allowed to drink until the snorkeling part of the tour is finished. Once that's over, the bar is open to everyone.

If you are seen drinking with a bracelet on, you will not be allowed to snorkel.

We will be doing this Feb 6! I called and spoke to Victor who said the beach we go to is on Rose Island.... although I am not 100% confident in that. Anyway I will post a review and pictures when I return and let you know how it goes!

Also, the lunch is a "typical Bahama lunch - peas and rice, corn on the cob, and BBQ chicken"

nice!!! thanks for the info scubagirrl! i think we might do that one if our docking time permits. i saw a couple pics from it and my boyfriend hopes it's not like a spring break type booze cruise with "d*&%^#bags" hehehe.

do you live in the bahamas or just cruise alot? you seem to know the downlow on everything!!!

nice!!! thanks for the info scubagirrl! i think we might do that one if our docking time permits. i saw a couple pics from it and my boyfriend hopes it's not like a spring break type booze cruise with "d*&%^#bags" hehehe.

do you live in the bahamas or just cruise alot? you seem to know the downlow on everything!!!

If you are going during the spring break season, you WILL find the spring break type booze cruise. As for me, I live in the bahamas most of the year.

we're going in june, the DAY after i graduate nursing school wooo!!!!

i dont think its big for spring breakers....hopefullly :)

If you are going during the spring break season, you WILL find the spring break type booze cruise. As for me, I live in the bahamas most of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
we're going in june, the DAY after i graduate nursing school wooo!!!!

i dont think its big for spring breakers....hopefullly :)

Congrats on graduating Nursing school! I just did the same in September, so my trip was a celebration for me! Now my trip is over and I have a whack of night shifts in the next week... just a taste of what you get to look forward to soon!

The Booze cruise was a BLAST!!!! However there were some problems to start with..... we almost missed the boat, as the boat did not pull into it's usual spot due to high winds. Someone apparently came to the meeting spot to gather everyone, and I have no idea how every person in my party of 6 (all standing there very early) as well as two other groups of 2, missed this person. Anyone, someone from the tourist info booth contacted the boat and they waited for us to run down the street.

Snorkellers had to wear a wrist band and were not served alcoholic drinks until after snorkelling, which was about a 20 min boat ride (the boat drives fairly slow). I brought some rum runners with me so we just ordered juice and added the rum ourselves!

Snokelling was horrible... there was nothing to see except weed! It could have just been the day.... but it was a disappointment.

The drinks started out strong and kept on getting stronger..... there was plenty to choose from - vodka and rum, juice and pop. Lunch was surprisingly good - BBQ chicken and ribs, rice and corn (probably canned), served in a styrofoam container!

The beach we went to was pretty, especially if you walked around to the other side. People were there trying to sell us jet skis, banana boat rides, cocaine and marijuana. LOL. They weren't pushy though, so we didn't mind them. They let us bring as many drinks as we could carry onto the beach and we were welcome to go back on the boat for more while docked. We had about 45 minutes at the beach and they played music the entire time from the boat.

By the time we got back onto the boat to leave, I swear the bartender was pouring drinks that were 3/4 rum, 1/4 juice! The DJ was great at pumping up the crowd, and the songs he chose got everyone dancing - including the "I don't dance" guys in my group. All of the staff was friendly and I am pretty sure that the girl who was partying with us was actually a staff member hired to help get everyone excited and up and dancing. She was a blast to watch though! She stuck her chest in my friends face!

I would definitely do this Booze Cruise again! Got my moneys worth, thats for sure! I have tons of pictures and will be posting them sooner or later!

I was part of goodtoglow's group that went on this booze cruise ... Here are a couple pics

Booze Bar consisting of Bahama Mama's, Yellow Bird's, and Goombay Smash fruity drinks:

18461_468851805580_700655580_110773.jpg

Lunch served

22071_297986319290_501729290_322266.jpg

Booze Cruise Boat docked at the 'private island'

22071_297986359290_501729290_322266.jpg

The crazy lady that we think was employed by the boozecruise company!!:

20451_485332655570_684625570_110744.jpg

Member of our group being held against his will ! Quote "I was literally gasping for air! I was NOT enjoying this!" hahahahahaaaa:

20451_485332865570_684625570_110744.jpg

congrats to you too!!! you're lucky you got a job! the director of our program is much telling us (up here in massachusetts), "good luck finding a job up here....or if you're not tied down here, move to the south."

thank you for all the info on the booze cruise! i hope my boyfriend and the other couple will do it.

i guess if the snorkling sucks the booze and beach alone will make up for it. and good to know they don't skimp on the booze ;)

did you buy it online or through the ship??

Congrats on graduating Nursing school! I just did the same in September, so my trip was a celebration for me! Now my trip is over and I have a whack of night shifts in the next week... just a taste of what you get to look forward to soon!

The Booze cruise was a BLAST!!!! However there were some problems to start with..... we almost missed the boat, as the boat did not pull into it's usual spot due to high winds. Someone apparently came to the meeting spot to gather everyone, and I have no idea how every person in my party of 6 (all standing there very early) as well as two other groups of 2, missed this person. Anyone, someone from the tourist info booth contacted the boat and they waited for us to run down the street.

Snorkellers had to wear a wrist band and were not served alcoholic drinks until after snorkelling, which was about a 20 min boat ride (the boat drives fairly slow). I brought some rum runners with me so we just ordered juice and added the rum ourselves!

Snokelling was horrible... there was nothing to see except weed! It could have just been the day.... but it was a disappointment.

The drinks started out strong and kept on getting stronger..... there was plenty to choose from - vodka and rum, juice and pop. Lunch was surprisingly good - BBQ chicken and ribs, rice and corn (probably canned), served in a styrofoam container!

The beach we went to was pretty, especially if you walked around to the other side. People were there trying to sell us jet skis, banana boat rides, cocaine and marijuana. LOL. They weren't pushy though, so we didn't mind them. They let us bring as many drinks as we could carry onto the beach and we were welcome to go back on the boat for more while docked. We had about 45 minutes at the beach and they played music the entire time from the boat.

By the time we got back onto the boat to leave, I swear the bartender was pouring drinks that were 3/4 rum, 1/4 juice! The DJ was great at pumping up the crowd, and the songs he chose got everyone dancing - including the "I don't dance" guys in my group. All of the staff was friendly and I am pretty sure that the girl who was partying with us was actually a staff member hired to help get everyone excited and up and dancing. She was a blast to watch though! She stuck her chest in my friends face!

I would definitely do this Booze Cruise again! Got my moneys worth, thats for sure! I have tons of pictures and will be posting them sooner or later!

hahahaha awesome!!!!!!! thanks!!!!

I was part of goodtoglow's group that went on this booze cruise ... Here are a couple pics

Booze Bar consisting of Bahama Mama's, Yellow Bird's, and Goombay Smash fruity drinks:

18461_468851805580_700655580_110773.jpg

Lunch served

22071_297986319290_501729290_322266.jpg

Booze Cruise Boat docked at the 'private island'

22071_297986359290_501729290_322266.jpg

The crazy lady that we think was employed by the boozecruise company!!:

20451_485332655570_684625570_110744.jpg

Member of our group being held against his will ! Quote "I was literally gasping for air! I was NOT enjoying this!" hahahahahaaaa:

20451_485332865570_684625570_110744.jpg

Archived