Oasis January 16th sailing

Thanks Gordon for the pictures. You captured it well. We also just got off this ship and I agree with what Gordon says. The entertaiment was a cut above any ship wev'e been on! The ice show and Hairspray are do not misss events!

If I may add some tips: Luggae can be stored under your bed in the staterooms which conserves space that you will most definetely need. We had a B1 sixth from the end.

Visit the Windjammer either at 11:30am sharp or around 2:00pm to find a seat easier.

There are also good views of the Aquatheater shows on decks 7, 11, and 12 aft. During the day these areas are great for lounging without the crowds on sea days. Pools and Hot Tubs can get crowded on sea days at peak times.

A good viewing area for sailaway is the bridge wings and deck areas on deck 14 which can be reached by going to deck 14 port side and going all the way aft where there are doors leading to the deck and bridge wings.

Go to Studio B or wherever the Expo 360 is held right after borading to sign up for the zipline. This is an area where you can make show reservations, dinner reservations and sign up for zipline and adventure ocean etc.

For the best seat avilability, they let you into the shows 45 minutes early so get in line 10 minutes before the doors open.

Hey Gordon...

I forgot to ask on my last post on this thread, but do you know if Julian Querico was the Diamond Concierge, or the the Concierge on this cruise ?

I had heard on the boards that Julian was going to be on Oasis starting 1/16, the start of your cruise.

It would be pretty sweet if Julian is in fact on Oasis now. DW and I would love to see him again and hopefully he will be on Oasis for a while instead of moving around to different ships like he has been for the last couple of years.

Thanks for any info !!!

Francois and Julian were the CL's and Ricardo is in the DL...

Also...why fight the WJ when you can eat at sooo many other venues (even free)...Park City, Sorrentos, Wipe Out, Solarium (lunch), Promenade, just for a few ideas........we ate ONLY at the WJ the first day on a b2b cuz we didn't know the other venues were open......never fought it again.

Francois and Julian were the CL's and Ricardo is in the DL...

Also...why fight the WJ when you can eat at sooo many other venues (even free)...Park City, Sorrentos, Wipe Out, Solarium (lunch), Promenade, just for a few ideas........we ate ONLY at the WJ the first day on a b2b cuz we didn't know the other venues were open......never fought it again.

I agree, I only ate there one morning and once at lunch....madhouse!

Gator-

What was the rate for the AS if you dont mind me asking... They are all booked for every sailing on line so I cant determine what it would cost for 6 of us (2 kids) if one comes open... But I am on the wait list for our November sailing. Will be excited to hear you compare and contrast the AS to the CL after your next adventure.

Gator-

What was the rate for the AS if you dont mind me asking... They are all booked for every sailing on line so I cant determine what it would cost for 6 of us (2 kids) if one comes open... But I am on the wait list for our November sailing. Will be excited to hear you compare and contrast the AS to the CL after your next adventure.

The cost of the Aqua Theater Suite was about $10,600.00 for two.

Amazing shots- the room is beautiful... although I wonder if it would feel too tight with 6 (4 adults 2 kids..) vs a CL and a D1 cabin.. (separated clearly!)

Also sounds like you got a great rate too..the CL is 12.5K for adults right now for our sailing- and I can only assume the AS is signifcantly more expensive...

Thanks for sharing.. the next 9 months are going to be brutal.. cant wait!

Archived