Ncl service goes from bad to worse

nadure

I will be on the Jewel next week and will make a point to ask the hotel directors these questions. Not for my benefit but for those that have been upset and cannot get over it. To me, the cruising experience has not been dampened by not having these amenities. To all those that have been negatively impacted by this, I hope I can abate the ongoing battle to figure this out. Just keep your glasses half full. Happy sailing.;)

I have agree with all of you. Never eat the mints and normally build a bedstand pile. I am very glad they are gone. The worst thing about them is returning from a very late night onboard, flopping into bed, and waking up in the morning with melted chocolate all over your face and sheets. :eek:

That's sooooo funny. I thought I was the only one who slept in my chocolate!

The highlight for us was the Canaries and Malaga (Granada/AlHambra) We thoroughly enjoyed Las Palmas and Funchal.

We were on the same cruise, and absolutely loved Las Palmas and Funchal as well, but if you have not yet read anywhere, Funchal is suffering greatly from mudslides today after torrential rains yesterday. We are heartbroken, as it was one on the most beautiful and welcoming place to visit.

What did you do in Las Palmas? We're going in April and would love some ideas. We don't do ship tours. Thanks

Like you, we avoid ship's tours whenever we can. However, Las Palmas is only place we have had a "problem" with cab drivers in over 30 cruises. We went up and down the "line" trying to find one that spoke decent English to no avail. We finally found one that spoke a little and between that and my husband's high school Spanish, we soldiered through the day but missed the information we usually get from drivers. They wanted euros for which we were prepared for but the people that shared our cab were not and kinda "snotty" about them not taking dollars. They finally "threw" $75 at the driver.

I would investigate an independent tour company. The island is beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tucker in Texas

Archived