Barcelona Pulitzer or Jazz Hotel

sheffer

We stayed in the Jazz last October and loved it. The location is great and very near the University metro stop. The rooms were large and the staff was very helpful. The rooftop bar is a "Wow" The area appeared to be safe and the must see sites are either nearby or accessible by the metro. Several good restaurants are in the area too. I have not stayed at the Pultizer so can't compare the two. Have a great trip and happy cruising.

I personally do not understand paying extra for "view rooms" if one is on a sightseeing trip. How many minutes will you actually spend looking our the window? Ten max.

Clean, central hotel with comfortable beds are my priority.

Just my opinion. BTW, we are looking forward to three nights at the Hotel Jazz in mid-May. Has a lot of positive comments on this board.

• 2 weeks later...

The Jazz is terrific, and accesible to everything(love the Starbucks around the corner). If you stay there, and I would reccomend it, ask for an upper floor room. The lower floors get the rumble of the metro trains beneath the hotel.

http://www.hotelpulitzer.es/

We stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer last April and enjoyed our stay. It is very convenient to get to if taking the airport transport bus, just a few minute walk frow where you are let off in the Plaza Catalunya and very well situated for touring the city.

E-mail the manager directly and he will probably offer you a rate less than the one offered by booking directly via the Internet.

The Jazz is terrific, and accesible to everything(love the Starbucks around the corner). If you stay there, and I would reccomend it, ask for an upper floor room. The lower floors get the rumble of the metro trains beneath the hotel.

Thanks for the tip, Screwbit.:)

Archived