Park and Cruise Hotel-Jacksonville

SteelerCruiser

...and thank goodness did not see any of this type of activity. I mean it is not the most attractive looking room or hotel but we did not see any Bug activity. Not to say it couldn't happen but I know we throughly checked the room for critters inccluding pulling the sheets back and the mattress pad as well. Not a bad place to crash for 1 night but would not want to stay an extended period of time there.

Thanks for that.

We're only booked for 1 night, shouldn't be a big deal.

We stayed at JAX Plaza last Friday night, and we didn't see any bug activity. The hotel was exactly like all the positive reviews for it. Tiny rooms (I think our oceanview stateroom may have been larger), but for the $$ it can't be beat. The price includes shuttle from the airport, to Jaxport, and from Jaxport back to the airport after the cruise! This last part was a nice surprise.

Oh, did I mention free wifi??! Another nice bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great list. Thank you.

Here is what I found. The following hotels offer shuttle to airport and cruise port included with the nights stay. Here are the prices for April.

Travelodge Jacksonville- 89.21

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel- 67.31

Best Western- 99.99

Springhill Suites- 129.00

Jax Clarion 129.99

Fairfield Inn 120.00

Hilton Garden Inn 109.00

Quality Inn 85.99

;)

We are seriously looking into Jacksonville Plaza. We will drive to the hotel then use their shuttle to get to and from the port. With tax it is cheaper than parking at the cruise terminal.

Not as concerned about the rooms as I am the safety of my car and actually making it to the ship. Did it seem like a safe area? Was it easy to catch the shuttle? A few of the reviews on different web sites had problems with shuttle service. Just looking for opinions before we book this package.

• 1 month later...
We are seriously looking into Jacksonville Plaza. We will drive to the hotel then use their shuttle to get to and from the port. With tax it is cheaper than parking at the cruise terminal.

Not as concerned about the rooms as I am the safety of my car and actually making it to the ship. Did it seem like a safe area? Was it easy to catch the shuttle? A few of the reviews on different web sites had problems with shuttle service. Just looking for opinions before we book this package.

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites: Not a bad place, but not a top-notch “hotel” either. In fact, the Jax-Plaza is actually an older Microtel with their typical “micro” rooms that to me are perhaps just a bit smaller than our cruise ship suites. They also supplied a bare-bones breakfast in a “micro” eating area that was more like a Euro-style kitchen than a sit down eating area. Be that as it may, the Jax-Plaza’s park and cruise offer met our needs as we were able to save $$$ by parking at the hotel lot for free and be shuttled to/from JaxPort via the VIP shuttle service that was also provided too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1391861

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Jax Plaza Hotel in May b-4 our cruise and if was very efficient. we did not do the parking pkg as it was more convenient for us to park at the port especially since we got such a good deal through the Hotel website. Would definetly stay again if leaving from JaxPort.

We were very satisfied with our stay, the free parking, and the roundtrip shuttle service at Jacksonville Plaza. The room was small, but definitely adequate for a pre-cruise stay (and at least the bathroom is larger than on the ship :p). As we did a seven night cruise on Fascination, the park and cruise package cost us less than parking at the port would have. We enjoyed a great seafood dinner at Seafood Express which is not far from the shopping center on the other side of I-95. Looking forward to cruising from Jacksonville again, maybe next April.

• 2 months later...

We'll be cruising out of Jax in Oct. & want to stay @ the Radisson. I had read someplace they do have shuttles & free parking but can't find it now. We've always stayed @ the Rad. in PC & loved it. Anyone have anything to offer on this one? I'll call about the shuttle & parking soon. We'll have a great rate w/points so hoping there are some good comments before I actually book. Also have read good & bad reviews of the ship. What say you CCers? TIA

Been posting this on a few of these threads but if anyone is interested in a Hilton hotel, located about 20 minutes from the port and a VERY EASY drive, I'm hoping you will take a look at my hotel.

http://homewoodsuitesjacksonville.com

We are also offering Facebook Fans a special discount if they 'like' our page. Details are here: http://homewoodjacksonville.blogspot.com/2011/08/facebook-fan-discounts.html It's limited, so no idea what timeframes are available but we always have very decent rates Friday and Saturday nights. :D

http://homewoodjacksonville.blogspot.com/2011/08/facebook-fan-discounts.html

We'll be cruising out of Jax in Oct. & want to stay @ the Radisson. I had read someplace they do have shuttles & free parking but can't find it now. We've always stayed @ the Rad. in PC & loved it. Anyone have anything to offer on this one? I'll call about the shuttle & parking soon. We'll have a great rate w/points so hoping there are some good comments before I actually book. Also have read good & bad reviews of the ship. What say you CCers? TIA

Was not aware of a Park and Cruise w/shuttle option at a Radisson in the Jax area. I think if you can find a good deal or package then go for it. Radisson properties tend to be pretty nice.

Steeler: The Rad. does not have a shuttle & a cab costs about $40 each way so that's out! I've found several others that do have the total cruise pkg so now have to look for the right price & good reviews. :-( Found the 10/24 thread so hoping to get help there. Right now not many signed on & few who've traveled from Jax.

Winncove - As you probably have discovered if you have read through this thread, there are a number of hotels in the Jacksonville airport area that offer a park and cruise package with roundtrip shuttles. We have stayed at the Clarion, Microtel, and Jacksonville Plaza Inn and Suites - all very good stays - we just went with what was the better deal for us at the time. Another option would be to stay at the Radisson with your points and use the (fairly recently) new alternative parking near the port. There are several threads with info and reviews of that facility on this forum.

As for the Fascination, we think she is a great ship - we have cruised on her three times from Jacksonville and hope to go again next year. We like the Fantasy class ships, even though they do not offer some of the things the larger class ships do. If your itinerary includes Half Moon Cay, even better!

Winncove posted earlier (and post was lost during maintenance):

"I guess I'm blind from so much searching but this is the first I've seen about alternative parking & I've already re-read this forum tonite. Any link? I doubt it's as easy as the shuttles but would like to ck. it out. TIA"

(I am subscribed to the thread and this was in my email this morning but not here on the thread)

Winncove -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408805&highlight=jacksonville

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1462810&highlight=jacksonville

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1451177&highlight=jacksonville

Winncove - I hope you were able to find the information re the alternative parking option for Jacksonville. This thread got "corrupted" during the board maintenance and some posts not from this thread show up if you click to view the last post. Really strange. (music from Twilight Zone)

hmmmmm.... looks like my adding another post got rid of that.... (more Twilight Zone music)

Krooz: Thanks for the info but I got it about 5 min. too late! Not sorry tho. I've spent the last 4 nites searching hotels & getting a long list of misinformation plus few that had the whole pkg. I just called LaQuinta Airport Inn direct & got such a friendly helpful man that I booked it. The rate had gone up $4 overnite..warning to others who aren't booked yet! I ended up w/the pkg. for less than any I checked & in the past 9 mos. they've redone carpeting, bedding etc. so the cpl. reviews about bad mattresses are no longer valid. The main LaQ site showed no lower rate than the "best" but the hotel gives a 10% Sam's Club discount so we saved the tax amt. anyway. What a relief to have that settled.

Your enthusiastic comments & those I found on the links re: the Fscination really helped ease my mind about the ship so now I can get excited. We have cruised more than a dozen times but not in the past 3 yrs. & all but one have been on the larger class ships. We had a great time on the smaller Sovereign/RCL. I've been telling myself the ppl who complain on CC are just expecting way too much anyway...as tho they're royalty or something & now I can't wait for 10/23! Thanks again for your help. Looking forward to meeting some new cruising friends.

Del

Archived