Quest: The Adult Scavenger Hunt question.....

Blackwolf.

We have only been on one cruise so far, to the Bahama's aboard the Sky last May. One night they played the adult oriented scavenger hunt game called Quest. Is this something unique to the Sky or do they play this game regularly on the other NCL ships?

We weren't sure what to expect last May, but we ended up having a blast that night and were wondering if they would be offering it again on our upcoming trip aboard the Dawn?

We have only been on one cruise so far, to the Bahama's aboard the Sky last May. One night they played the adult oriented scavenger hunt game called Quest. Is this something unique to the Sky or do they play this game regularly on the other NCL ships?

We weren't sure what to expect last May, but we ended up having a blast that night and were wondering if they would be offering it again on our upcoming trip aboard the Dawn?

We have played it on the Jade and the Star. Got a bit out of hand on our December Star sailing when the co-hostess had the teams compete to pull down the hosts' pants to his knees!!! What a free-for-all! She was the Host's fiance :eek:! Wish I could have heard the conversation back in their cabin that night!! We saw him the next day and he said that his undershorts had gotten ripped "in the fray" and that THAT would be the first and LAST time something like this was going to happen to him during a Quest game!!

Edited by lambs2

We saw the Quest game played on our cruise to Bermuda on the Spirit last year, the Galaxy of the Stars was just packed with people in the audience hooting and hollering. Same went for the Second City comedy act that followed. They did a "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" type series of skits. People were yelling out some crazy suggestions, it was quite the fun night. Don't know from experience if the Quest game is played on the Dawn. But I bet it is, it seemed like a very popular and well attended activity!:p

What happens at Quest stays at Quest! ;)

Absolutely!

I can't say that we've known about it on every NCL cruise we've been on, but for several years we've attended every one since and have pictures to prove too! :D

Warning! Beware of the ship's photographers paying a visit to the event. On the Spirit's Oct/Nov 2007 Repo, several of us found ourselves scurrying to the photo gallery to buy up the evidence! LOL

Is the quest on NCL the same as RCCL's? The times we have played it have been on RCCL and we had a blast.

What is the Quest game? Does it take place all over the ship? It sounds like fun what ever it is....

It is an adult oriented scavenger hunt. You are warned ahead of time that it is not appropriate for children and if you are easily offended you should leave the room.

The room is divided into teams who compete against each other to see who can first come up with particular items as chosen by the host.

There will be a ship member playing the part of the host who moves things along and decides what items or behaviors need to be presented next. On our cruise it was the Cruise Director.

It all starts out innocently enough. But the closer you get to the end of the game, the more adult the suggestions get. At the end of ours there was a parade of men dressed in only their underware and a womans bra, carrying purses in a congo line that danced all the way around the room.

All I'll add is that I thought the congo line was rather tame compared to the events that took place before that!! ;)

We had a blast and hope to have another on next weeks cruise aboard the Dawn. :cool:

Have took part in two and had a good time at both one on ncl and one on rccl. Go and have a good time you should be ready for a little fun and games just wear clean undies ha ha.:)

Colorful or themed boxer shorts are even BETTER!! (clean and hole-free, of course!):D

Edited by lambs2

You don't have to sign up for a team to enjoy the Quest....although being part of the "action" would be much more intense.

If you do want to participate, you can count on one of the challenges is to come up with a bra...to speed things up, be prepared and bring one for your team "ready to use". Not as much fun as getting a live donation, but it will gain time.

Edited by bakerintn

They did it on the Pearl last week and I refused to get naked and put on women's bra and shoes in front of crowd. Fun game.

Aww, you could have joined out team...we weren't strangers! My brother the cop did it so you could have too! LOL And you would now have that very cool NCL beachball we all got for getting 3rd place! :)

CG

Edited by CruisnGram

Played it on the Jewel, Sky and Pearl (x3) for a total of 5 times. Each time the quests are a little different. Took first place on last weeks sailing of the Pearl. We received NCL coffee cups as our prize. I kinda suspected what some of the quest would be so I showed up with some things (freestyle daily, bra, lipstick and a sock). We had a straggler join our team at last minute (20 year old girl). She had the energy to run up and show everything to the judge.

THe funny part was when they asked for a tatoo not on arm. She had one on her belly but was wearing a dress and didn't hesitate to lift it to show the tatoo. She out did herself when they asked to see a piercing not in the ear. She had a NIPPLE pierced and ran up to flashed it to the judge (sharkbaits Max). After a few minutes she said "Oh I just remembered, I have my nose pierced and could have shown that."

We have played it on NCL, RCCL, and even a form of it on Disney. Actually won 1st place on the Star. They asked for a pair of dentures (out of the mouth), and a guy on our team looked for the oldest person in the room and then got on his knees and begged for them. Wore her down and (yuck) ran to the front holding them. I laugh till I cry every time I go see one. I just love it! It is the first thing we check for on the daily's every day.:D

Truly, it is one of the most memorable parts of all of our NCL cruises. :D

To the poster who asked if it is the same as the Quest on RCCL:

For us, no. The Quest on Royal Caribbean was by far, much more PG rated. The reason was (and maybe this was an isolated incident) prior to the event, the CD will announce that everyone under the age of 18 must leave (as well as anyone who might be offended easily). On the NCL ships that I have been on, if the CD sees any kids, they will keep demanding that they be removed. On out RCCL cruise, the CD saw the many kids, with parents who refused to remove them and instead of insisting they leave, went ahead with the Quest...but it was very tame and certainly not the same as any of our NCL cruises. :eek: :D I believe it was because there were kids there.

Edited by halos