new to Celebrity

Mrs. Ram

I am new to Celebrity and would like info from the pros! I will be on the Century, 4 night March 25 to Key West and Cozumel. I have been to both of these ports on other cruise lines so don't need info on the ports. Just want you to tell me what you would have liked to know on your first Celebrity cruise. Favorite, must try dish in MDR or favorite outside of MDR. Favorite places on the ship. Best event to attend such as cooking demos etc. Also would like some info on afternoon tea...do they provide this on a 4 day? Any & ALL info is greatly appreciated!!! Looking forward to my cruise! BTW, it will be just myself and one of my girlfriends for a girls getaway!!!!

Century is a great ship. I would highly recommend eating a meal at Muranos; I ate there twice on my Century cruise and is was one of the highlights of my trip. Amazing meal.

I also enjoyed the almond croissants at the specialty coffee area; you do not need to purchase a coffee to get one. They are not available in the main dining room or buffet and were so good.

If you like fruity martinis - definitely order a martini flight at the martini bar. You get five mini fruity martinis (all different flavors) and one mini classic martini. It is a very fun bar to hang out in as well.

For the breakfast buffet be sure to try the waffles. When I was on Century they also had a fun breakfast station that had breakfast pizza and quesidillas as well as a dim sum area; I am not sure if they still have these, but you should see if they are there as they were very good.

If you have late dinner, the buffet area sets up a little sushi station around 6pm, so that made for a good pre dinner snack.

Not sure about the tea; they had a couple high teas on my cruise, but that was a 14 night transatlantic, so I am unsure if they do this on shorter cruises.

Edit: For Cozumel I did an ATV excursion through the cruise line and had a blast. If you and/or your friend enjoy driving ATV's I'd definitely recommend this.

Cozumel has a really nice place called Paradise Beach:)...check out

the ports of call forum and you can get alot of information over there.:)

That would be more of a day at the beach rather than an excursion

though.

I agree with the Murano suggestion. Its a wonderful evening.:)

I know I said I didn't need info on ports but my cruise mate wants to do an excursion in Cozumel so any suggestions would be great!

I am just back from and NCL cruise (never again, I am working on a review now) and Cozumal was lovely. Great shopping if you want, but I highly recommend Chakanaab park. It is a national park with swimming, snorkeling, dolphins, sea lions and more. The basic entrance fee is $16 per person with some activities a bit more. There is a discount coupon on their web site. It is a $10 - $15 taxi ride depending on how many are in your party. The park is open until 5 PM and there were lots of taxis there when it was closing time.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

There were eight of us, and we all agreed we would just go straight there if we were back in Cozumel

I am just back from and NCL cruise (never again, I am working on a review now) and Cozumal was lovely. Great shopping if you want, but I highly recommend Chakanaab park. It is a national park with swimming, snorkeling, dolphins, sea lions and more. The basic entrance fee is $16 per person with some activities a bit more. There is a discount coupon on their web site. It is a $10 - $15 taxi ride depending on how many are in your party. The park is open until 5 PM and there were lots of taxis there when it was closing time.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

There were eight of us, and we all agreed we would just go straight there if we were back in Cozumel

Thank You! I think this would be a great idea too! A friend of mine and her husband went to Chakanaab Park on one of their trips to Cozumel and said it was gorgeous. I saw some of their pics and it was indeed very pretty! hmm....decisions, decisions!

Archived