Feb 7th Old Lahania Luau cancelled - now what?

kas37

Ok, leaving tommorow...got a call today that the Old Lahania Luau I booked 9 months ago for my family of 6 is cancelled for this Sunday due to lake of sales. Seems Super Bowl Sunday is hard to beat...that was going to be our Luau for the trip, now what? We are on the POA and are staying after the cruise for a couple of days at Turtle Bay...didnt want to do the ships Luau, to many people.....any suggestions? Really disapointed.......:(

Ok, leaving tommorow...got a call today that the Old Lahania Luau I booked 9 months ago for my family of 6 is cancelled for this Sunday due to lake of sales. Seems Super Bowl Sunday is hard to beat...that was going to be our Luau for the trip, now what? We are on the POA and are staying after the cruise for a couple of days at Turtle Bay...didnt want to do the ships Luau, to many people.....any suggestions? Really disapointed.......:(

Turtle Bay is only about 15-20 minutes north of the Polynesian Cultural Center. People rave about their facility/luau (we've driven past it, but have never stopped). Proximity wise, it's probably your best bet. We've done Germaine's and Paradise Cove, but that's a much further drive for you.

Check PCC's website: http://www.polynesia.com/

Which did you like best between Germaine's and Paradise Cove? We are debating between those two.

We enjoyed them both, but I'd probably give a slight edge to Paradise Cove. The grounds are prettier, and there are more activities (Hawaiian arts and crafts, games, etc). Food and entertainment wise, I'd say they're both pretty similar.

Either way, you'll enjoy yourself! ;)

The Polynesian Cultural Center is awesome. Do the luau dinner and the big show after. We do this every trip. It is really a pretty full day if you want it to be.

Jen in SoCal

Ok, leaving tomorrow...got a call today that the Old Lahania Luau I booked 9 months ago for my family of 6 is cancelled for this Sunday due to lake of sales. Seems Super Bowl Sunday is hard to beat...that was going to be our Luau for the trip, now what? We are on the POA and are staying after the cruise for a couple of days at Turtle Bay...didn't want to do the ships Luau, to many people.....any suggestions? Really disapointed.......:(

We stayed at Turtle bay in 07 and took in the Polynesian Centre activity while there and were very pleased with the whole centre as well as the Luau. Our daughter and son-in law were there the year before for their honeymoon and took in the full activity including the meal and recommended the entertainment portion but didn't care for the food. They're not picky eaters so we took their lead and didn't include the meal portion. It's likely one of those personal preference things anyway but we enjoyed it.

We stayed at Turtle bay in 07 and took in the Polynesian Centre activity while there and were very pleased with the whole centre as well as the Luau. Our daughter and son-in law were there the year before for their honeymoon and took in the full activity including the meal and recommended the entertainment portion but didn't care for the food. They're not picky eaters so we took their lead and didn't include the meal portion. It's likely one of those personal preference things anyway but we enjoyed it.

I am confused. I thought the food part was the luau and the entertainment followed. However, you imply you went to the luau, but didn't include the meal. :confused: Isn't the luau the meal?

Archived