Question regarding price drop

denisemac

I noticed today that the cruise we are booked on has a huge price drop for the balcony cabin. We have booked a JS, and 2 balcony D1's. The quad D1 is about $1,000 cheaper.

At the bottom it does say "for new bookings only", so does that mean we are out of luck on getting this?

Thanks!

Sorry, if it is new boookings only they you don't get it. You can always try and call, but you prob will not get anything. However, I have often notivced thatthe tuesday offers often carry over and may become more general offers, so keep an eye on it tomorrow.

They always say 'new bookings only' but they only seem to enforce it on the Tuesday sales. I don't see the current Tuesday sale promotion so I can't tell you if it is that.

Just call and ask.

I am assuming you would put 4 people in the quad? I don't think they will let you put 2 people in a quad at this point.

Thanks for your replies.

My husband, myself and our son are booked in the JS.

My mom and dad have a D1 balcony

and my 3 daughters and a friend are booked in the quad balcony.

I will continue to check the site and if the price stays the same tomorrow I will call them. The only price reduction is the quad. We paid $1552 for the 1st two and 622 for the 2nd two in the quad, but today when I did a dummy booking on the quad, it came to 969 for the 1st two and 399 for the 2nd two.

That is a huge savings, and I would love to be able to get that rate!

Thanks again!

Thanks for your replies.

I will continue to check the site and if the price stays the same tomorrow I will call them. The only price reduction is the quad. We paid $1552 for the 1st two and 622 for the 2nd two in the quad, but today when I did a dummy booking on the quad, it came to 969 for the 1st two and 399 for the 2nd two.

Thanks again!

Why wait until tomorrow to see what happens, make a quick call and see if you can get the new rate? It takes only a few minutes and they worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Why wait until tomorrow to see what happens, make a quick call and see if you can get the new rate? It takes only a few minutes and they worst thing that can happen is they say no.

I think it's because, as people said above, it's a "Tuesday Wow Sale" meaning for new bookings only. IF they decide to hold the prices over tomorrow, they may then not consider it "for new bookings only" and therefore grant the OP the price drop. Right now the answer will be, "Sorry, it says for new bookings only."

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

They gave me a "Family Discount" promo they are running for having at least 3 people in the cabin!

Original price that I booked the D1 Balcony Cabin for 4 was....$4351.68

Today the agent gave me the discount which brought the price to....$3194.68

I saved $1157!!! Thank goodness I checked the site! More money for vacation now, WAHOOOO!!!

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks again!

Just did a dummy booking and I am getting $979 for 1 & 2 and $370.50 for 3 & 4, this is not a tuesday special or deal, you can get the price drop, call before the price goes back up!!

Great price on the balcony room. We're going a month later on the Freedom for the Eastern Caribbean and the balcony is $2100.00. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a price drop. I'd upgrade in a heartbeat but won't pay $2100 for a balcony. Come on RCCL! Discount ours! :)

Marci where did you find this link? Do you get this through email?

I had a link that was stuck on last week but then another poster added the one that shows today's date. I got the original one from someone who posted here on cc.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

They gave me a "Family Discount" promo they are running for having at least 3 people in the cabin!

I saved $1157!!! Thank goodness I checked the site! More money for vacation now, WAHOOOO!!!

YAY!!! So glad you were able to get it :D

I GOT IT!!!!!!!

Congrats! To the naysayers, it is always worth a 2 minute phone call to check as you never know what the answer will be. In the worst case they rep will tell you sorry, not this time. Then, if that is the answer keep on watching.

Archived