FLL: Water taxi to Las Olas?

SB_Travlr

We'll be staying at the Westin Beach Resort pre-cruise, and I understand the hotel is close to the water taxi. Is that correct?

We've never been to FLL -- would the water taxi get us to Las Olas area? And is Las Olas primarily boutiques and cafes, or could we find a place there to buy wine?

Thanks for your help: don't know how I'd plan without the CC boards!! :D

We have been staying in FLL the past few years. This past December was our first time on the water taxi and we can't wait to do it again.

Not quite sure about where your hotel is as far as the closest water taxi stop.

Here is the link for the taxi:

http://www.watertaxi.com/

We used it more as a tour boat......very informational, saw many areas we had never been to before and the intercoastal is beautiful! Very relaxing.

Hope this helps.

We'll be staying at the Westin Beach Resort pre-cruise, and I understand the hotel is close to the water taxi. Is that correct?

We've never been to FLL -- would the water taxi get us to Las Olas area? And is Las Olas primarily boutiques and cafes, or could we find a place there to buy wine?

Thanks for your help: don't know how I'd plan without the CC boards!! :D

If you pull up the map from the hotel website, you will see it sits at the corner of A1A and Seville St. Seville deadends behind the hotel about two blocks distance at most ... the water taxi stops there (Seville St stop). Just a note of warning, I may be a bit dense, but missed the sign for it the first time I took the water taxi...it is a yellow & green tube like thing on a post...somewhat discreet. And go to the website mentioned for the route, it will take you to Las Olas...a bit slow, but a very enjoyable and informative trip. Can't help you with the wine question, sorry!

The closest water taxi stop is at the end of Seville St. by the Pillars hotel. It's just a couple of blocks' walk. Las Olas is primarily boutiques, restaurants, galleries, jewelry. You can buy wine at Macabe Liquor on Las Olas Blvd in the block east of SE 15th Ave. You can also buy wine near the hotel at CVS at Beach Place (about 5 blocks south) or at the bakery/store in the Hilton (about 2 blocks north). You cannot purchase wine on Sunday before noon anywhere.

Royalcurz, I guess I never thought that you may not have ever used the Water Taxi. As you live there you can drive anywhere you want. When we go the next time I will make sure to write it down. lol

Rollie

Royalcurz, I guess I never thought that you may not have ever used the Water Taxi. As you live there you can drive anywhere you want. When we go the next time I will make sure to write it down. lol

Rollie

You are right, I drive everywhere. The waterways are beautiful, but the water taxi isn't a luxury yacht that I would ride around on for the fun of it.:) It's great for tourists though.

Royalcruz, we are surely tourist. We've stayed in Fll 5 times precruise, 4 times on the taxi route. We always seem to visit with different couples that have never been there before, so it's a new experience for them. It's neat to see them enjoy it.

Rollie

Archived