Meet and Greet Planning question

alwalaska

I organized my last M&G. I had raffles for prizes and brought everyone a gift. It took a whole suitcase. Luckily we flew international and no bag fees. I told my mom it counted as her 2nd bag and that the bag was old and only going "one way". But I bought so much, there we were toting that old bag home. Haha.

You were in denial, Donna.. LOL

Jetskier ~ Good post (as usual.) Thanks for that information. It's not widely advertised, so this info. will be helpful.

I just heard back from the Group Event Coordinator for the Sky. Even though I specifically asked if at all possible to not have our Meet and Greet at sail away time as previous review mentioned theirs was, the answer I received was that they could accommodate us at the Plantation Lounge on embarkation day at 5pm.

Can anyone please tell me if there are windows in this club on the Sky or if it is easy to get on deck from here so that we can at least see part of the sail away? We have several people who have never cruised before, so choosing between meeting ships officers and attending the sail away party is difficult. :(

I am really surprised that the staff are not super busy at this time.

I just heard back from the Group Event Coordinator for the Sky. Even though I specifically asked if at all possible to not have our Meet and Greet at sail away time as previous review mentioned theirs was, the answer I received was that they could accommodate us at the Plantation Lounge on embarkation day at 5pm.

Can anyone please tell me if there are windows in this club on the Sky or if it is easy to get on deck from here so that we can at least see part of the sail away? We have several people who have never cruised before, so choosing between meeting ships officers and attending the sail away party is difficult. :(

Huh?! That is kinda crazy. Don't they do the Munster drill before you actually sail? I wouldn't think they would not have time either. Hope they don't do that with ours. Sail away is something I personally don't want to miss.

Huh?! That is kinda crazy. Don't they do the Munster drill before you actually sail? I wouldn't think they would not have time either. Hope they don't do that with ours. Sail away is something I personally don't want to miss.

Boat drill is at 4:30 according to the Dailies I have. I'm wondering if this is the standard meet and greet time for this busy itinerary since I read a review where it was at sail away, or if maybe they read my email wrong since I specifically asked that it NOT be at sail away if possible.

I replied and asked if this was the only possible time. If it is, then I will take it to my group. It looks like you can go outside easily from where it is, but I can't tell from the pictures I found if there are any windows there. :(

ON RCCL's MOS we had a sail away party that was after the muster drill and it was a blast. I brought mardi gras beads for everyone. We also had a cabin crawl after the M&G which was a blast. It was nice to have all of this because you got to know some of the people and you had someone to say hi to during the week. Getting ready for the big snow here in N. VA. Stores are wiped out. Bring it on.:D

Ann:

Thanks for doing this.

Having never been on a cruise this may not be a good idea but...

I wonder if we can all get together quickly and then go as a group to wherever the sail away party/activity is?

Thoughts?

Rick

Ann:

Thanks for doing this.

Having never been on a cruise this may not be a good idea but...

I wonder if we can all get together quickly and then go as a group to wherever the sail away party/activity is?

Thoughts?

Rick

That would be fine if everyone agrees, but if officer's are coming, obviously you'd have to wait until they've gone.

Ann ~ If this is that cruises normal time, I wouldn't sweat it. They know what they're doing, and they definitely have your best interest at heart. After they return your last email, be satisfied with whatever they've decided.

If they still want it done at Sail Away, let your group know, and also plan an informal gathering, maybe dinner or pre-dinner drinks during the week when everyone will be on the ship and not in port. That way, if some folks don't want to come to the Sail Away M&G, they can go to the other one. Although they won't get to hear from the officers.

Around dinner time is good because there are no planned ship activities until the shows start.

Question: On the review you read about the M&G being at that time, did the reviewer say whether or not the officer's showed?

Like I said before, trust what the coordinator decides, because they know the best time for your week to have the M&G.

Thanks Wink.

That would be fine if everyone agrees, but if officer's are coming, obviously you'd have to wait until they've gone.

I really want to hear the officers. Most sailaway parties last a long time, but I am hoping there are big windows in that room since I love to watch the land go Bye Bye. ;) From the deck plans, it looks like the bar is on deck 12 aft, with an open deck just behind it. It shouldn't be hard to get to the pool deck festivities from there when we are done.

Ann ~ If this is that cruises normal time, I wouldn't sweat it. They know what they're doing, and they definitely have your best interest at heart. After they return your last email, be satisfied with whatever they've decided.

That is what I figured I would do. I just wanted to make sure they didn't misinterpret my request the first time.

If they still want it done at Sail Away, let your group know, and also plan an informal gathering, maybe dinner or pre-dinner drinks during the week when everyone will be on the ship and not in port. That way, if some folks don't want to come to the Sail Away M&G, they can go to the other one. Although they won't get to hear from the officers.

This is a good idea. Dinner together one evening might be fun. Is there an area on the private island where we could meet together to have lunch maybe?

Around dinner time is good because there are no planned ship activities until the shows start.

Question: On the review you read about the M&G being at that time, did the reviewer say whether or not the officer's showed?

The person in the review actually said it was her and 4 officers. She had their undivided attention since everyone else decided last minute that they really wanted to be at sail away. I can't believe that they aren't super busy at that time.

Like I said before, trust what the coordinator decides, because they know the best time for your week to have the M&G.

Thanks again. Having a port on every day I am sure makes it hard for them. With almost a foot of snow outside, I really wish I was sailing NOW.:eek:

ON RCCL's MOS we had a sail away party that was after the muster drill and it was a blast. I brought mardi gras beads for everyone. We also had a cabin crawl after the M&G which was a blast. It was nice to have all of this because you got to know some of the people and you had someone to say hi to during the week. Getting ready for the big snow here in N. VA. Stores are wiped out. Bring it on.:D

For our Explorer of the Seas cruise last year we all wore beads so we could find each other and met at the very front of the ship so we could watch sailing under the bridge that was not much higher than the ship, but having the official Meet and Greet at that time is something different since we won't be near all the festivities.

If I have to choose, I will choose the Meet and Greet, but I am not sure what others will choose, especially those on their first cruise.

Ann ~ I must have forgotten that you wrote that you were in Port every day. That makes sense as to why the Event Coordinator wants to schedule your M&G at Sail Away. I'm sure the venue is a perfect location with lots of views.

As far as GSC and having lunch there, I'm clueless. We haven't been able to make it there yet, so hopefully someone can answer that for you.

Just keep thinking "warm" thoughts and you'll be sailing in no time!!

Archived