Meet and Greet Planning question

alwalaska

Hi! A little over a week ago, I emailed an address I found here on CC and asked about setting up a meet and greet for our cruise on March 29th on the Sky.

How long should I wait before I assume the email got lost somewhere in the Internet and try again? Did I email too soon?

Can anyone confirm the email address to send it to?

Hi! A little over a week ago, I emailed an address I found here on CC and asked about setting up a meet and greet for our cruise on March 29th on the Sky.

How long should I wait before I assume the email got lost somewhere in the Internet and try again? Did I email too soon?

You should have gotten an auto response back first, then a day or more later (less than a week) someone should have gotten back to you.

You are a bit early, but they still would have responded to you.

Check the address and send another. What address do you have?

GroupeventSky@NCL.com ?

Good luck.

Did you have an "s" after the word event that will not be delivered. I made the same mistake for my m&g as I got if here online too. Found out from a friend of mine on there that no s. Sent it again and next day in my email was the auto response. Then as previous poster said a couple of days if you aren't too far out. You still have plenty of time to get it confirmed with NCL.

make sure you put the date of your sailing in the subject line. They answer the e-mails in order of departure date..........but as other posters have said, you should get an auto response within a day or two so if you haven't gotten that, then they haven't gotten your e-mail

You should have gotten an auto response back first, then a day or more later (less than a week) someone should have gotten back to you.

GroupeventSky@NCL.com ?

Good luck.

Thanks. That is the address I thought I had, but I type poorly, so I will double check and resend it.

Thanks for the advise.

GroupeventSky@NCL.com ?

Good luck.

This is how the Jade is addressed..just change it to sky.

groupeventjade@ncl.com

I got an answer after 2 weeks, with no auto reply.

I am not sure they will set up a M&G for the 3 and 4 day cruises. Has anyone set up a formal M&G on one, or just infoma; ones at some mutually agreed bar?

Al

I read a review where they had one, but unfortunately, since it is a port intensive itinerary, they had it during sail away. I think I would almost prefer to have it in the afternoon on the GSC day since I love sail away, but grow tired of a crowded beach after a couple of hours.

We have never been able to get a formal Meet & Greet set up by the cruiseline for anything less than a 7 day cruise. Anyone been able to do it for less? Below 7 days we have just set up our own informal get-togethers.

Thanks. That is the address I thought I had, but I type poorly, so I will double check and resend it.

Thanks for the advise.

All you have to do is click on the address from my first post. You don't even have to worry about re typing the address, it should automatically take you to your email, adding the address.

Good luck... let us know what happens.

I read a review where they had one, but unfortunately, since it is a port intensive itinerary, they had it during sail away. I think I would almost prefer to have it in the afternoon on the GSC day since I love sail away, but grow tired of a crowded beach after a couple of hours.

A formal M&G will have officer's in attendance. This can't happen at Sail Away, anyway.

If you just want to meet there informally, that can be just as fun, and you can do that wherever you all agree upon, say on the top deck bar to enjoy Sail Away. :)

A formal M&G will have officer's in attendance. This can't happen at Sail Away, anyway.

If you just want to meet there informally, that can be just as fun, and you can do that wherever you all agree upon, say on the top deck bar to enjoy Sail Away. :)

I'm hoping we can do a formal Meet and Greet since it would be really cool to see the ships officers. We'll probably do something informal as well. I definitely like to be outside for sail away.

I'm hoping we can do a formal Meet and Greet since it would be really cool to see the ships officers. We'll probably do something informal as well. I definitely like to be outside for sail away.

What does NCL do actually for a formal M&G? My first NCL cruise. I know how it works on CCL. They don't do anything special, you pay for a hour for a room and drinks included for 15 a pp. It was cool. Drank alot of Margiritas. One for each hand:)

We have never been able to get a formal Meet & Greet set up by the cruiseline for anything less than a 7 day cruise. Anyone been able to do it for less? Below 7 days we have just set up our own informal get-togethers.

Personaly done a M&G for a 5 day last May.

Seen roll calls for 3 days that have M&G.

What does NCL do actually for a formal M&G? My first NCL cruise. I know how it works on CCL. They don't do anything special, you pay for a hour for a room and drinks included for 15 a pp. It was cool. Drank alot of Margiritas. One for each hand:)

Unfortunately, NCL doesn't supply the booze, but it's normally near a bar.

A group event coordinator sets up the time, day and venue. Usually the first sea day at 11 am. Provided are danish, water and coffee.

Ship officers come and give a little talk about the week and their responsibilities.

So far, there hasn't been a fee for them doing all this. :)

Wow, I guess I wouldn't be going to one on Carnival. I don't drink, but even if I did, you would have to down several in an hour to break even wouldn't you?

This is my first cruise with NCL and I am excited to meet some of the ships officers in an informal setting. That seems really cool to me.

Royal Caribbean's is free, but you just get one lower level member of the CD staff who hands out a small gift and then you are left to do whatever you want. They provided water, ice tea, coffee, and some finger foods. The down side was we had a huge group in not a great location, and then they were there just before the end of our hour hurrying us out because there was something else scheduled in the room. RCCL does not organize MM for shorter cruises.

Princess didn't seem to do anything. We organized our own get together.

I have no clue on Disney because I didn't find Cruise Critic until my second cruise. Now, I'm hooked.

Actually, if you drink more than 2 drinks you have your money worth on CCL. It was nice to have a place for our CC group to meet and be waited on. They had chips and stuff for us. Some did not drink either.

That is real nice NCL does it for free. Sort of like a Captian's Reception meeting the Officers of the ship. A informal meeting is fun to though. We have done those too.

Excuse me for asking but does NCL give a party for CC people. I know that RCCL does. Just wondering. Oh yeah, just booked July 10th on the Gem for a two week cruise out of Venice. Yeah baby. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations on your booking! Sounds awesome!

No party per se, unless you include their absorbing the cost of the Meet & Greet, which is very nice for them to do.

Excuse me for asking but does NCL give a party for CC people. I know that RCCL does. Just wondering. Oh yeah, just booked July 10th on the Gem for a two week cruise out of Venice. Yeah baby. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats on your upcoming cruise. The Meet and Greet is the NCL "equivalent" to the RCCL Meet and Mingle. The main difference is that someone on your rollcall will contact NCL and set it up, rather than going to the corporate website to register like with RCCL.

Also, NCL does not have gifts (but I never used my one from RCCL for anything) but they do normally have some senior staff come and talk which seems great to me.

If we have one on our Sky cruise, I will try and post after to say how it worked.

I organized my last M&G. I had raffles for prizes and brought everyone a gift. It took a whole suitcase. Luckily we flew international and no bag fees. I told my mom it counted as her 2nd bag and that the bag was old and only going "one way". But I bought so much, there we were toting that old bag home. Haha.

To clear up some confusion.

You can have a M&G on both NCL and Carnival at no charge (nothing is supplied though NCL will sometimes provide danishes/OJ/coffee). You just have to know how to go about scheduling it.

You can have Cocktail parties on both NCL and Carnival to which there is a charge.

NCL is around $20pp for a one hour open bar with a minimum of 15 people. On Carnival it is $11.44pp for adults and $5.75pp for those under 21 (virgin drinks) with a minimum of 20 people.

I have scheduled both types of get togethers on my NCL and CCL cruises. I have about 40 folks scheduled for a Cocktail party on my upcoming cruise on the Triumph. One solution I use for those that do not drink is to use wristbands to identify those who get the drinks versus those paying as they go or dont drink. You can get the wristbands off Ebay for around $4. This way everyone can still get together and have a good time.

Dave

Archived