Pull out Sofa

chefchick

I have booked an inside cat M stateroom on the Rotterdam and it's a triple.

I know the pull out sofa is for the third person (my teen son). On other ships where we have booked a triple with a pull out it can be VERY difficult to get around while the person is sleeping (middle of the night bathroom breaks, etc). One cruise it was downright IMPOSSIBLE! had to crawl over him. My question is for those of you who have experience - what can I expect? These cabins are a bit bigger than other ship's inside (square footage wise) so I am hoping I won't have to poll vault over him :) Also, what can I expect storage wise? This is our first HAL cruise. Thanks.

Anyone?

I have booked an inside cat M stateroom on the Rotterdam and it's a triple.

I know the pull out sofa is for the third person (my teen son). On other ships where we have booked a triple with a pull out it can be VERY difficult to get around while the person is sleeping (middle of the night bathroom breaks, etc). One cruise it was downright IMPOSSIBLE! had to crawl over him. My question is for those of you who have experience - what can I expect? These cabins are a bit bigger than other ship's inside (square footage wise) so I am hoping I won't have to poll vault over him :) Also, what can I expect storage wise? This is our first HAL cruise. Thanks.

Anyone?

My experience was the bed/sofa didn't actually pull out. They just had a mattress on top of the sofa and the third person slept there against the wall. It was comfy and out of the way.

Have Fun

I would like to know as well for my June Zuiderdam VA6003 handicapped room with 3 friends, one handicapped. I know one time I had a verandah deck one for three and the third bed was the sofa lengthwise, not pulled out. The steward just took off the cushions and there was a single bed.

That's correct. The bed doesn't "pull out". It's more of a "flip over". There shouldn't be any problem walking by in the middle of the night---except maybe for tripping over his shoes. :rolleyes:

Storage on the Rotterdam should have three drawers in the desk, and one under each of the main beds. There will be one closet with shelves, the safe on the lowest shelf, and hanging space under the shelves. There will be at least two, and probably three, closets. The third closet may have the clothes rod run front to back, instead of side to side, as the depth is not quite as great, but it is wide.

The bathrooms on the Rotterdam were all redone after I left it, so I can't speak to the storage in there any more. There was a shelf under the sink (may be still there), and a medicine chest. I believe that has been replaced by small, open shelves.

My experience was the bed/sofa didn't actually pull out. They just had a mattress on top of the sofa and the third person slept there against the wall. It was comfy and out of the way.

Have Fun

Hey Jay, did you happen to take a pic of that bad boy sofa?:)

OK, here are a couple of photos of the sofas made up for triple occupancy:

First is a Triple, single person sofa sleep, two sitting, on Westerdam:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/B-Canuck_6175.JPG

Another Triple, this one is on the Eurodam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/IMG_3424.jpg

Another triple, Ryndam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/Kim_Ryndam-737-2.JPG

Another triple, this one with pull down bunk, Volendam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/Maureen_1-Volendam-1815.JPG

Joanie

Wow guys, thanks for the quick answers (and the photos). Ruth - that actually sounds like a pretty decent amount of storage for a cruise cabin. My question is; with the under the bed storage; where do you all put your empty suitcases? We have always unpacked and put them under the bed until the end of the cruise.

I would like to know as well for my June Zuiderdam VA6003 handicapped room with 3 friends, one handicapped. I know one time I had a verandah deck one for three and the third bed was the sofa lengthwise, not pulled out. The steward just took off the cushions and there was a single bed.

I know this is an old message but I have booked that same cabin for this July to Alaska with the same occupants, my Dad in a wheelchair, myself and a nurse. What did you think of that cabin and is the deck very large?

Thanks for your help, the pdf with a drawing of the deck is just not giving me the visual picture!

I know this is an old message but I have booked that same cabin for this July to Alaska with the same occupants, my Dad in a wheelchair, myself and a nurse. What did you think of that cabin and is the deck very large?

Thanks for your help, the pdf with a drawing of the deck is just not giving me the visual picture!

I won't know till June. I wish there was a photo of that one somewhere. It is an odd shape. Three single beds is all I know. Third bed is the sofa but not a pullout. The sofa is a bed under the cushions. My handicapped friend will have the bed closest to the bathroom and room for her walker.

Archived