Accessing onboard account prior to sailing?

AKBeagleMom

Whatever you purchase in advance is charged in advance- your onboard account is not activated until you check in - the only thing that they use up until then is the daily hold on your card which I think on a 7 day cruise is like 600.00

Whatever you purchase in advance is charged in advance- your onboard account is not activated until you check in - the only thing that they use up until then is the daily hold on your card which I think on a 7 day cruise is like 600.00

Uh? The credit card hold doesn't occur until embarkation. Advance purchases are charged to your credit card.

So if someone buys you onboard credits as a gift, is there anyway to see this prior to cruising?

Once our final payment has been made, our TA requests from HAL a paper that shows all the shipboard credit that we are due.

She keeps a copy and sends a copy to us.

Then I make an additional copy just in case there is a problem once we get on the ship -- and a couple of times we did have problems.

Once our final payment has been made, our TA requests from HAL a paper that shows all the shipboard credit that we are due.

She keeps a copy and sends a copy to us.

Then I make an additional copy just in case there is a problem once we get on the ship -- and a couple of times we did have problems.

Thanks for the response, KK. My parents gifted us some onboard credit, so I'm assuming once we board we'll have access to that. :)

... the daily hold on your card which I think on a 7 day cruise is like 600.00
It's $60 /day /person

Thanks for the response, KK. My parents gifted us some onboard credit, so I'm assuming once we board we'll have access to that. :)
You can go to the front desk anytime to request a statement-to-date. To check on OBCS, I'd go early.

If your folks have email, they shold have received confirmation from HAL of this gift. Suggest they give you a copy of that ... once onboard, go to the Front Desk to be sure the monies are on your account. If there's an issue, you'll have proof of the gift, and the ship can square it away with Seattle during your voyage.

If your folks have email, they shold have received confirmation from HAL of this gift. Suggest they give you a copy of that ... once onboard, go to the Front Desk to be sure the monies are on your account. If there's an issue, you'll have proof of the gift, and the ship can square it away with Seattle during your voyage.

If they put money on your account there should also be a card to that affect in your cabin when you embark.

But do take email confirmation with you just in case!

Prior to our cruise in Oct 2007 we were able to check online at HAL's website to see what was pre-purchased. Good thing - my husband was buying gifts for me....and I had bought him some of the same things - so it was nice to see that before we boarded and we were able to cancel and switch the duplicates.

Archived