Wait - The Mariner was in Antarctica last month??

Saw this review of the Mariner of the Seas and was rather confused. Or maybe the reviewer was!!

Says that the service on the Mariner wasn't as good on the South America/Antarctica cruise he took last month (January 2010) as the Mariner cruise he took last year from Auckland to LA. Didn't realize the Mariner ever went to Auckland (New Zealand I assume) either. :confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=62778

Maybe the poor reviewer has MOS confused with the Seven Seas Mariner??

Just thought it amusing ........ 25 cruises and still can't tell the difference between RCCL and Regent.

Saw this review of the Mariner of the Seas and was rather confused. Or maybe the reviewer was!!

Says that the service on the Mariner wasn't as good on the South America/Antarctica cruise he took last month (January 2010) as the Mariner cruise he took last year from Auckland to LA. Didn't realize the Mariner ever went to Auckland (New Zealand I assume) either. :confused:

Just thought it amusing ........ 25 cruises and still can't tell the difference between RCCL and Regent.

Quite!

That's exactly what the reviewer's problem is.

Maybe it explains his bad cruise. :D

Not unless they were lost....Mariner is in Mexico...I believe Vision does the Antarctica...

No, lost would be like MOTS pulling in to San Diego instead of San Pedro... The big A is 2 continents South of the home port....that would be way beyond lost. Oh yeah, that would also be a very long cruise...:eek:

Agree mods should pull the review since it was posted in the correct place.

Gee..........Lost was shot in and around Dillingham Airfield on Oahu.

I'll never forget my DW waking me up at 5 AM...........with gunshots going on..........and the same pattern of gunshots happened again.......8 minutes later.

I have pictures of the original "Lost" props, at Dillingham, as I used to walk it every day......while staying with friends in Hawaii.

If you wanted to meet the cast.....back when....they would be at the Haliewa Cafe..........around 9:30AM.

I don't remember their names..........it was just fun having breakfast, and sharing a table.

Rick

I'll never forget my DW waking me up at 5 AM...........with gunshots going on..........and the same pattern of gunshots happened again.......8 minutes later.

I have pictures of the original "Lost" props, at Dillingham, as I used to walk it every day......while staying with friends in Hawaii.

If you wanted to meet the cast.....back when....they would be at the Haliewa Cafe..........around 9:30AM.

I don't remember their names..........it was just fun having breakfast, and sharing a table.

Rick

LOL LOL.....Huh...:confused:

I think it was January 2009 that a group of CC people (not me but Merion Mom was one) took the Marier from fort lauderdale down around south america as its too huge to go through the P Canal and then back up to San Pedro was a I think a 46 day crusie

Rick

Definitely shot near Haliewa you can tell by the scenes of the North shore in the background. Breakfast at Cafe Haliewa is a treat. A complete dive with wonderful breakfasts.

I wish I was there right now eating Ranchos Hueveros...:D It is amazing they can keep their figures if they are eating there everyday!

Rick

Rick, you know navigation...would you think MOTS ending up that far south would be a fair bit beyond lost. You and the DW would probably have been able to notice the scenery was a bit amis....more like on the around the horn cruise kind of scenery instead of Mexico...pretty sure you would let the captain know, right?

Perhaps a personal GPS to validate the ships position relative to the planned ports of call is a new requirement for those who need to be home on time...once it shows South Latitudes I would be concerned...

Think of the crew who get stuck past vacation...mutiny!!!

Rancher Dave......Why does it upset you so much that I casually used the word "Lost" in my comment :confused:... Please put me on ignore so that my wording never irritates you again.....Get over it.... Move into the next lane and tailgate someone else...:rolleyes:

Archived