When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

My first cruise was in 1976 on the Rotterdam. I was 4 years old and my grandmother took me. I am hooked as I got the cruising bug early in life. My grandmother is 87 years old and last year was her 60th cruise.

Oh that would be Nov 1980 on the Pacific Princess (Love Boat) from LA to Acapulco. Oh what a wonderful time my aunt and I had. Now I am on my twentieth something cruise and still going strong. Booked for Hawaii this September 2010 and next July 2011 the Disney Wonder to Alaska.

First cruise, Disney Magic July, 2000 for my son's 9th birthday. He is 18 now and as addicted to cruising as I am! LOL Going on my 14th cruise (his 13th) in August on the Dream. (his choice , it HAD to be THAT ship! :D) Can't wait!!!

Carnival Fascination, summer of 2001. I didn't have the greatest time on board - it was an awkward age for me (17) - there was a lot of stuff I couldn't do that I really wanted to do (like the onboard Survivor contest - I'm a huge fan of the show!). I believe we got upgraded at the port for this cruise - we had an oceanview on the Empress deck.

I'm glad I tried it out again! Cruised the day after college graduation and had a great time and I am hooked :D

Carnival Fantasy in March of 2008. I had saved up money to watch my football team play in the national championship in 07, only for them to choke in their final game and blow it. A week later I booked a cruise with the money instead! I booked my second cruise a month after I got back from that one haha.

My first cruise was on the Carnivale 9/16/85

my second was on the Festival 10/11/87.

When I was recently checking on my cruise status as to the number of cruises not matching I was told that Carnival did not have any records of my first two cruises and they told me it was up to me to prove that I was on them by producing a ship key to my cabin or a picture of the ship in port with my picture in front of it.

Has any one else had this same experience since some of you have been on both ships?

Is it even worth it to follow up with proving it?

I have 8 cruises with Carnival.

I also have 5 with Princess and 10 with Royal Carib.

Yes! Get to platinum faster. If you have embarkation photo, a receipt of some kind, etc. I sent a picture of myself in the embarkation area with a Jubilee banner behind me and got credit as well as a ship photo with Mardi Gras printed on it. Next cruise I'm platinum!

My first cruise was summer of 1964 on the Queen Elizabeth New York to Southhampton. I was 13 and paid for the trip myself after working summers and every Saturday for 3 years for my dad's business.

1968 on Chandris (now Celebrity) Regina. I was 5 years old and it was a Christmas cruise. There were a ton of kids but no kids program. We made our own fun. On Christmas Eve, they had everyone on deck, shut the lights off and had a spot light on the smoke stack. Then Santa came down the smoke stack and had little presents for all the kids. Great memories and the start of many cruises.

We planned our first cruise to be a Thanksgiving cruise in 2006. We were all pretty excited for the trip. We booked the Carnival Liberty on a western Caribbean cruise. Two balcony decks, one for the kids and one for my wife and I. We looked at shore excursions together and made a lot of plans.

This is going to be fun.:D

The Wednesday before we were to leave I receive a call from Carnival stating that there was a problem with our cruise. :eek:There had been a major outbreak of noro-virus on the Liberty on its Atlantic crossing. It was all over the news. We had two choices: cancel and get our money back or take a shortened 4 day cruise and get 50% off our next booking. I was a little bit concerned about the virus, but we decided to go anyway. We had a wonderful time. Kind of weird in that there was no self-service in the buffet lines. The crew served all of the food. It was announced that we were on the cleanest ship on the ocean.

Not too long after returning home we booked another one using our discount. Since then there has been 4 other cruises with the last being this past summer, 2 weeks in the western Med. I highly recommend it.

Both our first and last cruise had a sickness theme. The first was noro-virus. The med cruise was H1N1. We had our temperatures taken (scanned) before we were allowed off the ship in a couple of ports.

Don

30 something more days until we sail on the Carnival Victory for 7 days.

1951 The William F. Buckner an army troop ship. I was a 3 months old Army Brat. Took the trip over to Europe with my family. In 1957 we rode her back. She was a converted passanger steamer built prior to WWII. Back in that day what are now called cruise ships were still used for transportation. First real "cruise ship" 2006 on the Holiday out of Mobile.

Our first cruise was in 1989 on the Big Red Boat,not 98 as I posted on post#52-,I think Premier Cruiseline was long gone in 1998-

Premier hung in there until 2000 or 2001, I think...Their demise was due partially to the fact that Disney produced their own cruise line.

Archived