Experiance of RCI package from the U.K.

Im trying to find some info on the cruise package for U.K. passangers. Im sailing on FOS in october, the only flight option they gave is switching planes in Atlanta so we dont land in Orlando until 730pm the night before. I have been allocated the Crowne Plaza for a nights stay but they dont indicate which one, im wondering if it will be by the airport then transfer us to the port the next morning or the take us closer to the port the night we land. Any info will help, my TA has been waste of time since she had my deposit and as im traveling alone with my 8 yr old DD as much info would be great.

Thanks in advance

Im trying to find some info on the cruise package for U.K. passangers. Im sailing on FOS in october, the only flight option they gave is switching planes in Atlanta so we dont land in Orlando until 730pm the night before. I have been allocated the Crowne Plaza for a nights stay but they dont indicate which one, im wondering if it will be by the airport then transfer us to the port the next morning or the take us closer to the port the night we land. Any info will help, my TA has been waste of time since she had my deposit and as im traveling alone with my 8 yr old DD as much info would be great.

Thanks in advance

Where are you flying from - the only direct flights to Orlando are from Gatwick and Manchester with VS - any other airport you have to change.

If you can access either of these I'd ask about changing if you can.

Although if it is halfterm then they may already be sold out of the direct flights.

The hotel is usually the Crowne Plaza at MCO, Hazeltine Drive address if you want to look it up on Trip Advisor.

Do you know that RCI have got a tie-up with Universal Studios so you could stay there and have unlimited entry to the parks for a few days?

Hi,

Thing is until your receive your docs they can change the hotel which really helps (not). I found booking flights, and therefore transfers, very convenient at the time and made good use of the day room at the end of the cruise prior to heading back to the airport.

I did, however, not enjoy the flight experience with Virgin and for our next cruise I decided to book our own flights thus ensuring greater control over route and time.

I don't know if it's possible for you to get RCCL to take your booking off your TA for you; if she's useless now I do hope she's there for you should you really need her. RCCL probably won't speak to you directly as this is a TA booking.

I did, however, not enjoy the flight experience with Virgin and for our next cruise I decided to book our own flights thus ensuring greater control over route and time.

I don't know if it's possible for you to get RCCL to take your booking off your TA for you; if she's useless now I do hope she's there for you should you really need her. RCCL probably won't speak to you directly as this is a TA booking.

I personally wouldn't fly Virgin even if you paid me, and yes, RCI definitely will not speak to you if you booked via an agent. Sorry.

I personally wouldn't fly Virgin even if you paid me, and yes, RCI definitely will not speak to you if you booked via an agent. Sorry.

I have been very lucky given that our TA was also useless I contacted RCI and they were extremely helpful with each aspect of our cruise ?.

Still waiting for our cruise docs which RCI posted to our TA over 2 weeks ago, but at least we know our flight details and were able to book seats thanks to RCI.

Will book straight with the cruiseline the next time.

Our group are on the FOS in August, when I made the original booking we were flying from Heathrow and was surprised when the invoices arrived with the flights going via Miami on the way out and New York on the way back. The rep who I made the original booking with never mentioned the fact that there were no direct flights from Heathrow. We are not flying direct from Gatwick with British Airways, I have never been offered flights with Virgin in the past. Give them a call there may still be seats left on the direct flights if you are able to get to the airports already mentioned.

Ok so I've been thinking.

It's all a question of whether or not we ask the questions or have a travel booker who asks US the questions. RCCL will book the most economical flights / fare which is the one we are quoted when make the booking. We would naturally prefer the most direct route, plane change free. Those 2 ideas don't necessarily match. We may not even know, as I have experienced, what the route is until we receive paper confirmation.

For our current trip I decided to take control of our flights as RCCL wouldn't take into account the possibility of upgrading with air miles. I was also not advised of the route to be used to get me to the start of the cruisetour. Of course my concern of issues arising from flight delays / strikes etc etc become my responsibility and not the cruise line but is one I prefer to continue to shoulder. Until one finds a TA who really knows their stuff and takes a complete perspective on the needs of the client more and more of us will choose to act independently.

/rant over.

We too are sailing on FOS in October, I booked this fly/cruise in July09 with my TA who we used before. Just before Christmas she contacted me with the news that RCCL airline dept, were only going to offer us 2 connecting flights unless we paid an extra £140 pp to go direct Glasgow- Orlando.As we were already paying £2580 for the 4 of us ,we were not going to pay silly money. My TA did her best but the airline dept would not budge saying the could not cost flights within that budget. My ta took the holiday to cruise only, and I booked my own flights with Continental, with a 2hr change boths ways at Newark.My family can cope with one connection so I saved a bit rather than virgin direct, but 2 no way. I would happily use my ta again, as cheaper than rccl, but never a fly/cruise package.

I used a TA to book a fly/cruise on IOS in April.

They have been excellent, including me getting a good package price (which is much lower than the current prices). However, one thing that REALLY annoys me is that I am NOT able to pre-select our seats on our Virgin flight until the tickets have actually been issued:confused:. If I had booked the flight directly with Virgin or Virgin Holidays, I would have been able to do this by now. It's very frustrating!!!:rolleyes:

Going back to the OP, I would not be happy about having to change flights. Fortunately, as I live near Heathrow and Gatwick, it's not a problem for me.... I'm only interested in direct, non-stop when it comes to flying to the USA.

Hi,

I personally wouldn't fly Virgin even if you paid me.

We are flying Virgin from Heathrow to Miami in April. We have flown with them several times before but not for about 6 years.

Why don't you like them? What problems have you had?

Thanks in advance

Try flying direct from Dublin with Aer Lingus.

We have used a TA 5 times, but after the first 3 we only book the cruise. We find it much easier to book the flights and hotel seperate s RCL always give us connecting flights, which so far have been rubbish! Either hanging around for hours or running like mad to get the next flight! We also find that flights to Miami are a fraction of the cost as the ones to Orlando! We are flying to Miami in April and getting a hire car to Orlando, much cheaper! Lastly, its cheaper to book a full holiday package to get direct flights to Orlando than just seperate flights! When will RCL ever start to think about European customers? Never is my guess!!

We have always used TA on the last 8 cruise we must have just been lucky we always have a direct flight and always had very good deals this year we booked Exlorer in November for 12 night cruise we fly from birmingham wich is only 20 mins drive from us direct to newyork 1 night in hotel plus one night after cruise and balcony cabin its cost us £1100 each(that is with our diamond discount) but still very good price cant find the same deal cheaper than £1800 each now:)

Hi guys

Thank you so much for all the info.

Once I was issuesed with my flight details I had a look on the internet but the only direct flights as one of you said is with virgin and their flights alone cost more than the whole package price im paying!! Im flying from Manchester and have had to pay an extra £100 for the privaledge! I chose to book a package as im traveling alone with my daughter so the included transfers seemed alot easier for me, as i am not brave enough to drive in the U.S. :eek: Also I was given a very good price (im sure theyve priced it wrong but that wont surprise me) I used a different TA when I did IOS in august last year and he was a star he even did price drops and moved me round different cabins depending which ones were becoming cheaper, I booked the cheapest inside cabin but ended up in a deluxe balconey cheaper than the original price :D He was willing to transfer my booking to him but RCCL said I would have to cancel the booking and rebook hence losing my deposit and the price that im paying, even the good TA couldnt match it!

Evelyn9597- If you call the flight dept they will give you your flight booking number so you can get on your Virgin booking, I called them yesterday and they gave it me straight away, Im flying Delta....first time with them.

I flyed Virgin at xmas to Orlando you get more leg room at the row of 2 seats at the back of the plane but they also sell extra leg room seats at check in for £30 and its worth it also exit seats are £50 but dont get the exit row window because the exit door bulks out and takes the extra leg room

Ouh one more question...what time approx do they get you to the pier??

Thanks again guys

We have always used TA on the last 8 cruise we must have just been lucky we always have a direct flight and always had very good deals this year we booked Exlorer in November for 12 night cruise we fly from birmingham wich is only 20 mins drive from us direct to newyork 1 night in hotel plus one night after cruise and balcony cabin its cost us £1100 each(that is with our diamond discount) but still very good price cant find the same deal cheaper than £1800 each now:)

Can you tell me if that is for an inside cabin or not ? as we seem to have paid quite a bit more but are in a balcony thank's.

HI sandian no that was for a balcony cabin we did get £300 off for being diamond members but that was the final price it was actualy £1125 each we booked it just before xmas

Well done thats an excellent price, must try November next time.

Hi Nikinakinoo,

Thanks for your advice re our Virgin flight. When you say call the Flight Dept, do you mean Virgin or RCI Flight Dept? If it's Virgin, do you have their number please?

Many thanks!:)

Re your question about time at the pier, I've no idea! But I wouldn't mind knowing myself if someone else can help?

Hi Nikinakinoo,

Thanks for your advice re our Virgin flight. When you say call the Flight Dept, do you mean Virgin or RCI Flight Dept? If it's Virgin, do you have their number please? quote]

Hi

I called RCI flight dept on 01932 834326 you could also try the Virgin flight department as we did for our flight with them, 0844 209 7777 theyre open 24 hours

Hi that was still a good price the reason we go november time is more to do with my time off work i can only get a week in the main holiday time so we usualy go to europe for a week + caribbean is nice november onwards and is out of hurricane season and its a nice break after working hard all year if your thinking of booking this time of year remember thanks giving week is as expensive as high seaon although we have had some great times for thanks giving:)

Hi

I called RCI flight dept on 01932 834326 you could also try the Virgin flight department as we did for our flight with them, 0844 209 7777 theyre open 24 hours

Thanks for these numbers. I'll try the Virgin number (already tried RCI flight dept with no luck).

I thought it was a decent price when we booked, we usually do go march april as again it relates to time of work. But will bear in mind Thanksgiving in November although we are normally in Europe October.

Just as well everybody has different holiday dates. Nice talking to you.

Sandian

Archived