Cruising in 12 days!!..super excited and nervous~!

diviney87

My friends and I will be on the Navigator of the Seas in 12 days!!!.. We are all getting SUPER EXCITED.... I'm a bit nervous.... because i never been on a cruise before...but its a good feeling..i know already that I dont wanna come back...LOL...but geeshh..i have this feeling that i might forget to pack something..I am 50% packed already.....aahhh... so excited.. I cant sit still anymore...

anyone.....had this happened to them before???:)

My friends and I will be on the Navigator of the Seas in 12 days!!!.. We are all getting SUPER EXCITED.... I'm a bit nervous.... because i never been on a cruise before...but its a good feeling..i know already that I dont wanna come back...LOL...but geeshh..i have this feeling that i might forget to pack something..I am 50% packed already.....aahhh... so excited.. I cant sit still anymore...

anyone.....had this happened to them before???:)

Have a wonderful time. The Navigator is the ship that got us addicted to cruising. I have forgotten things many times and just made do without or bought it in port. Don't be nervous, it always works itself out. One warning about cruising, the days on the cruise go very fast and its addicting.

Jan

i have this feeling that i might forget to pack something

2 comments here:

1.) I'm sure you have already packed more than twice as much stuff as you will use.

2.) Between the stores onboard and in port, you can buy anything that you forgot but really need.

Have a great cruise !! It will be the best vacation you will ever take :D:D

Rule of thumb....

Take 1/2 of what you packed, and twice as much money as you think you need! Enjoy the Navagator! You picked a lovely ship! She is large, but not overwhelming, Beautiful in decore and art, Friendly and helpful crew members. And I thought the food selections and menu were fine! I'd sail on her again in a heartbeat! Our cruise on her was to Belize - March 2009

Hope you have a really great time and bring back lifelong memories!!

Remember the adage: pack twice the money and half the clothes.

No truer words have ever been spoken by seasoned cruisers. Yet we all still pack too much... but now with credit cards we don't usually run out of money.:D

Have a great cruise! You will LOVE the Navigator.

-------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Once you get on board, explore. Get familiar with your home for the next week. get your daily Compass, take a look at the massive number of things to do!

Smile....alot! Cruise ships are an amazing culture for meeting new folks, and making new friends!

Bon Voyage!!!!!!

We leave on Saturday (the 13th) and can't wait! My husband has cruised many, many, many times. This will be my fourth, third time with RCCL and the kids third time. When people say don't overpack, take their word. I always overpack and then don't use half of the stuff I bring. I'm getting better with each vacation.

Saturday is also my sons b-day and we are having our grandsuite decorated, and cake at dinner. He's going to be so surprised. I can't wait to see his face!

Like you, I'm going crazy...cruising is all I think about, and dream almost nightly about it. It's a vacation like no other! Enjoy!

We leave in 13 days! I am so excited too~can barely sleep.

This is our second cruise-our first was almost 12 years ago!

Doing well with packing. The hardest part for me is trying to get everything done here at home to prepare for grandparents arriving to take care of the kiddos while we are gone. I have days where I am so nervous because I have so much left to do. I also have freak-out moments where I start to worry about our cabin selection.

My family thinks I have really lost it because yesterday I watched our ship depart on the cruise cam and was laughing and almost crying at the same time!

13 days~I can't wait!

One word of caution. BEWARE of the BUGS. They are referred to as " CRUISE BUGS ". They are impossible to see and find but as a new cruiser they will find you and bite you. Once bitten you will be hooked FOREVER on cruising.

Seriously enjoy your first of many and just remember that the cruise bug will find you !!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:):D:):D

There is nothing like the excitement of a first cruise! Enjoy every moment and more than likely you will find a way to cruise again soon.

I'd also tell you to pack light...but no one ever does on their first cruise. It takes practise to get it right which means more cruises :)

Just returned from a cruise Jan. 29th and I'm ready to go on another and can't wait to do so. Four suggestions for packing: 1) Bring a light jacket or sweater as it can get cool sometimes (unless you are hot natured). I wore mine on the ship rather than packing it. 2) A beach bag or backpack to carry stuff in while on a beach or port. 3) Sunscreen! 4) Definitely a Camera.

I am one that overpacks, trying to bring anything and everything I need. As I'm packing, I tend to realize I have too much, then I start removing items to lighten the load. Like many have said, if you need something you didn't pack, you can buy it on the ship or at a port.

I'm excited for you - I get so excited, I can't sleep all night some nights prior to going. But what a way to lose sleep!

Enjoy the great ship, great food, great service, the ports and the whole crusining experience.

Have a fantastic time on your first cruise, you will have a fabulous time. You have received some great tips, one suggestion, is to gather all your documents, pass Ports, everything pertaining for your cruise and put in a folder, and have it on your suitcase so everything is in one place. Other then that, enjoy each day as it arrives and meeting you new friends.

I've been on two cruises - I had nightmares a few weeks before each cruise because I was so nervous/anxious!

In fact, so nervous that when we were about ready to check in, I "lost" our passports!! I thought for sure they fell out of my bag when they checked our carry-on stuff. I think I almost had a heart attack....seriously. Ultimately, they were exactly where I put them to be safe! I thought hubby was going to kill me..haha

Relax and have fun! But believe me, I understand the nerves :D

I'm a little OCD, but I make a list by day breaking down each outfit and then a separate list overall listing every item that I need to pack and then I check it off as it gets packed. I even include I.D., sunglasses, phone charger.....

This way you know you've got it all and it also gets me psyched each time I look at it.

I also put it in my purse and review it all the way to the cruise terminal.

Like I said, OCD!

You will love cruising! How could you not? My grandmother always said about any party, "The drink's there, the food's there, if you don't have a good time it's your own fault." That crazy old Italian wasn't so crazy afterall.

Archived