Alcohol from Bon Voyage dept..,

VeggieCruzer

Seems like they would gain some revenue if they published the prices. At least from the people who are on the fence about smuggling. I would much rather pay $40 for a bottle of vodka than worry about stashing it in my checked luggage. Different strokes....

After seeing how they load the baggage onto the ship I'm actually surprised there isn't more broken/wet luggage IMO. We'll have checked once at the ship but are attempting to fly with only carry on so that'd add the hassle of finding and buying it pre-cruise.

Ok I called bon voyage and after about 40 mins and 3 different operators I got told that ALL carnival ships offer the liquor thru room service. The first lasy thought I meant just A drink until I explained more. The final lady said all carnival ships have it available thru room service (which I don't know if it's true) but if you order it sailing out of galveston it won't be delivered until the 2nd day of the cruise due to how long it takes to get to the gulf and international waters.

I just confirmed with my PVP that on some ships you can order from room service while on board. While on Triumph we ordered several liters of Bacardi rum for $40 a bottle. Make sure to tip the guy that brings it! He did say that it is ship specific and to just check when you get on board. We are sailing Fantasy and hope we can do this again. :D

I just heard from my PVP on the matter of ordering liquor through room service and this is what he said:

"It is my understanding that depending on the ship you can order alcohol through room service. Just ask when you get onboard" :)

So, there it is. :rolleyes: It must be ship specific. Just ring up room service and give it a try. Hopefully Fantasy does this. We only tried it on Triumph. :o

Here again though, it is at a premium price (seems to be parallel with the Bon Voyage prices) but you pay for that convenience. I am cool with that. :cool:

Alcohol is available from room service at regular bar prices.

Could this be what he meant?? :confused:

This is something that one needs to know ahead of time. Finding out once on the ship might be too late!

Folks, could we make this more like a menu? A little easier to read.

I'm adding Bacardi, add any new items you may have ordered.

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute, Stoli and 1 other $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Segrams 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewars $60

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Canadian Whiskeys:

Scotch:

Dewars $60

Bud Light 16 ounce $4.75

Miller Lite 16 ounce $4.75

I verified these today.

Hey fellow canuck! It's going to be my wife and I's first cruise as well(Glory Feb28th!), We are going to order a bottle of rum for the room along with bringing each a bottle of wine, case of pop, case of water. Im thinking of getting her Grandfather to bring another bottle of wine aboard also for us!

Another first time canuck on board! I think we are going to order a bottle just to be sure then try and sneak a couple in in addition to the wine and pop.

OK, I added a few that I found posted earlier...

Rums:

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Canadian Whiskeys:

Jim Beam liter $38

Maker's Mark liter $60

Jim Beach Black liter $55

Scotch:

Dewars $60

Tequila:

Patron Silver was (OUCH!) $77 for a 750

Bud Light 16 ounce $4.75

Miller Lite 16 ounce $4.75

jason534 verified these today.

Alcohol is available from room service at regular bar prices.

Could this be what he meant?? :confused:

This is something that one needs to know ahead of time. Finding out once on the ship might be too late!

They aren't referring to drinks they are referring to liquor bottles.

Wow I just called bon voyage and was on the phone 5 minutes or less. I have a case of bud light for 122 dollars. 4.75 plus tax. I might call back and get another one. It beats paying 6.61 per bottle. And yes it is the 16 oz bottles also

Did you ask how many beers makes up a case? The 16oz aluminum bottle cans are 15 to a case.

Edit:

Just called and 1-800-522-7648 and got the answer myself. Its 4.75 a beer. Ordered 30 beers for my room. Thanks everyone.

Did you ask how many beers makes up a case? The 16oz aluminum bottle cans are 15 to a case.

Edit:

Just called and 1-800-522-7648 and got the answer myself. Its 4.75 a beer. Ordered 30 beers for my room. Thanks everyone.

I got 24 coming to my room. Doesnt matter how many the price is cheaper than on the ship anyway.

I got 24 coming to my room. Doesnt matter how many the price is cheaper than on the ship anyway.

It is a savings than if you purchase 24 of them on the ship, and no gratuity either. I don't know if they're delivered with a bucket, but you can get one from the bar and your room steward will keep it iced up for you, and you can carry the bucket wherever on the ship. They'll also keep a small cooler iced up for you.

It looks like business is picking up nicely for the Bon Voyage dept... it sounds like many did not know about this option. And I thought they only offered wine and hard liquor, or I might have purchased some beer from BV last month.

It is a savings than if you purchase 24 of them on the ship, and no gratuity either. I don't know if they're delivered with a bucket, but you can get one from the bar and your room steward will keep it iced up for you, and you can carry the bucket wherever on the ship. They'll also keep a small cooler iced up for you.

It looks like business is picking up nicely for the Bon Voyage dept... it sounds like many did not know about this option. And I thought they only offered wine and hard liquor, or I might have purchased some beer from BV last month.

I read on a thread that sometimes the stewards have coolers kicking about - can't hurt to ask ;)

It's great that folks are getting beer for $4.75 from Bon Voyage, but it really makes no sense that it is less expensive than at bars. Bottles of wine are more expensive from Bon Voyage than at the bars! :eek:

I wonder.....if they are working from an old price list. Carnival seems to have a hard time getting correct and current info to all the ranks.

Either way, if you're thinking of doing it, take advantage!

Let us just hope they are really 16 oz. and not 12 oz.

Bon Voyage told me that all their liquor was a liter. I heard elsewhere that Patron was only 750 ml. Who knows?

ya she asked me what kind of beer I wanted and I told her Bud light and she then told me they are 16 oz alluminum bottles without me even asking so I feel confident that they will be the 16 oz bottles. We are taking a soft sided cooler like the last time when we cruised and we fill it up and get it on ice and take it to the pool with us

Did any of you who ordered over the phone receive a receipt? I just ordered a bottle of Captain Morgan for my upcoming cruise and I forgot to ask for a receipt specifically.

I could always call them back, but thought I'd check here.

Get a receipt......If your bottle doesn't show up it's the only proof yoou have to show guest services to get the situation rectified

Archived