Alcohol from Bon Voyage dept..,

VeggieCruzer

Thanks, we will definately do this. I like to have a glass a wine so will bring a bottle each, but a bottle of something else for dh will be the way to go. Can you get beer as well?

Beer is available at the same price as the bars :eek: !

Some have reported that Bon Voyage beer prices haven't caught up with current beer prices. Either way, they're 4.95, 5.00 or 5.75 for 16 oz domestic beer.

HOw much , and what is, the cheapest Vodka , if anyone knows. My traveling firends want to know,,I am getting a bottle of Amaretto.

I just ordered a bottle a Absolut vodka and it came to $42.50 Sound pricey? It is! But, if you were to buy it a shot at a time at $5 on the ship, it would cost you $160! :rolleyes:

Someone stated they had Mailbu rum. Does anyone know the price and size??

Thanks!

The best way to find out is to call. Malibu rum seems to be the one that is priced more out of line than the others, while it costs no more.

I think Malibu was $55 for 1 liter and most of the other rums, including Captain Morgan were $40.

Plus local tax.

I just ordered a bottle a Absolut vodka and it came to $42.50 Sound pricey? It is! But, if you were to buy it a shot at a time at $5 on the ship, it would cost you $160! :rolleyes:

Now there's a selling point I think they should have on a website for all the liquor! It's funny to think of the mark up on a bar wether it's a cruise, sporting even or local bar. I guess they need to pay the help/bills somehow!

I just confirmed with my PVP that on some ships you can order from room service while on board. While on Triumph we ordered several liters of Bacardi rum for $40 a bottle. Make sure to tip the guy that brings it! He did say that it is ship specific and to just check when you get on board. We are sailing Fantasy and hope we can do this again. :D

Beer is available at the same price as the bars :eek: !

Some have reported that Bon Voyage beer prices haven't caught up with current beer prices. Either way, they're 4.95, 5.00 or 5.75 for 16 oz domestic beer.

Ordered Bud Light and Miller Lite last week thru Bon Voyage at $4.75 per beer. They charged 6% tax and no gratuity.

So if I were to order a case of beer it would cost me 5-6 dollars per beer?

If you're booked, call them tomorrow and see if you can still get the $4.75. It's expensive, but if the new prices are fleet wide, it will save you money. And you can order any amount or mix and match, so you don't have to get a case.

I just confirmed with my PVP that on some ships you can order from room service while on board. While on Triumph we ordered several liters of Bacardi rum for $40 a bottle. Make sure to tip the guy that brings it! He did say that it is ship specific and to just check when you get on board. We are sailing Fantasy and hope we can do this again. :D

HMMMM We'll be on the triumph in a little under 3 weeks. I'm still debating on the whole smuggling/bon voyage thing with some liquor. I know it's available in the shops but don't remember seeing it available in june when we sailed her last. When did you sail on the triumph last? I wonder if any PVP could tell you which ships it's available on. I know just making up our minds when we arrive (bar or roomservice) would make it so much easier. We aren't big drinkers and with flights and ONLY carry on luggage I don't think it'd be worth it to attempt smuggling on bon voyage. I guess it just depends on our mood lol.

I bought a couple bottles for this past weekend on the Destiny... Crown Royal was $55 for a litre, Patron Silver was (OUCH!) $77 for a 750. But I wanted it so I got it. We finished the liter of Crow, but just packed the Patron in our carry off and there was no problem.

I was able to carry on 2 expensive bottles of Tequila while in Cozumel. They will be gifts, but I was not stopped or questioned at all.

dk

Never cruised before and leaving on the Glory 28th of this month. Have read the threads on smuggling alcohol so won't try that. Ordering bottles before hand through the bon voyage dept sounds like a good alternative. Prices don't seem much higher that what we would pay here at home. Just to confirm, these are bottles that will be in our cabin when we arrive for consumption on the cruise?

Thanks

(PS my first post for my first cruise - about alcohol of course!):)

Hey fellow canuck! It's going to be my wife and I's first cruise as well(Glory Feb28th!), We are going to order a bottle of rum for the room along with bringing each a bottle of wine, case of pop, case of water. Im thinking of getting her Grandfather to bring another bottle of wine aboard also for us!

I just called them at: 1-800-522-7648.

The person was a bit hard for me to understand but here is a partial list. I requested a fax or email and that was not available......

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute, Stoli and 1 other $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Segrams 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Dewars $60

Hope this helps!

She did advise to call back at least a week in advance. I have heard of getting it done on shorter notice.

Good idea to get one comprehensive list of available alcohol and prices from the Bon Voyage dept, but I don't undertand... why won't they publish a list, or fax one that can be scanned and shared?

You would think it would help increase their revenue. I understand they'd like everyone to pay the premium bar prices on the ship, but since this is a service they offer, why be so "secretive" and make it such a hassle that takes up more of everyone's time by having anyone interested call to inquire about the selection they offer and the prices? :confused:

Good idea to get one comprehensive list of available alcohol and prices from the Bon Voyage dept, but I don't undertand... why won't they publish a list, or fax one that can be scanned and shared?

You would think it would help increase their revenue. I understand they'd like everyone to pay the premium bar prices on the ship, but since this is a service they offer, why be so "secretive" and make it such a hassle that takes up more of everyone's time by having anyone interested call to inquire about the selection they offer and the prices? :confused:

That is just what I had in mind and was going to do!!!????????

Just posting this if its any help at all to anyone.

I just called Bon Voyage and was quotes the same prices as everyone else is posting. I ended up ordering a bottle (1 ltr) of Absolute Vodka.

They asked if I would like mixers, I asked for redbull and it is avail @ 4.25 each.

They charge a credit card over the phone and only add a tax..not the 15% gratuity you see on each drink bought at the ship bars.

Pretty painless process.

Because they don't charge the 15% gratuity they do on the drinks. Personally, I think they should enhance this service. Instead of adding the grat, pop each bottle up a buck and throw that into a kitty for those who would be receiving the gratuity.

The best way to find out is to call. Malibu rum seems to be the one that is priced more out of line than the others, while it costs no more.

I think Malibu was $55 for 1 liter and most of the other rums, including Captain Morgan were $40.

Plus local tax.

WOW! I paid $20 for 2 bottles of Malibu at my local liquor store! $10 each is WAY cheaper than $55! Thank goodness for Rum Runners!!! ;)

P.S. coconut rum mixed with the guava juice they have in the drink dispensers if FABULOUS!

Archived