Alcohol from Bon Voyage dept..,

VeggieCruzer

Will someone who has ordered from them tell me how much they charge for a bottle of premium liquor? I'd love to know how much a bottle of Grey Goose vodka is. Or any bottle you've gotten. I kind of want a ballpark even though I know there will be differences in price.

I've tried calling the BV dept and can't get through. I get put on permanent hold.

Maybe Carnival is trying to force me to buy from the bar lol

Last week I ordered Captain Morgan spiced rum for 43.60 including tax.

How did you order these bottles? I have only sailed with HAL and have been able to order a 40 oz bottle from room service for around $40. Do you have to order from CCL before getting on board?

They are normally liter bottles. We usually order a bottle of imported Beefeater's Gin and a six pack of Heineken and it runs about sixty something dollars. We usually order a couple of weeks ahead of time, order before lunch time and there is no problem getting through.

Don't forget to take some fresh limes, makes a difference.

Will someone who has ordered from them tell me how much they charge for a bottle of premium liquor? I'd love to know how much a bottle of Grey Goose vodka is. Or any bottle you've gotten. I kind of want a ballpark even though I know there will be differences in price.

I've tried calling the BV dept and can't get through. I get put on permanent hold.

Maybe Carnival is trying to force me to buy from the bar lol

The Bon Voyage dept. is only open Monday- Friday. Try again tomorrow.

We ordered a bottle of Absolute for 40.00 and a bottle of Jack Daniels for 55.00. They will add tax if you are traveling out of certain ports. Ours was Long Beach so we had tax added.

HOw much , and what is, the cheapest Vodka , if anyone knows. My traveling firends want to know,,I am getting a bottle of Amaretto.

When I called last week they read me the vodkas and I didn't hear Smirnoff, but Absolute was $40 for the liter. Most of the less expensive ones are $40, including most rums. More expensive bottles $55 and $60.

I think the lowest price I was quoted was for CC at $38.

You have to order before your cruise by calling the Bon Voyage department and some folks on these boards have reported ordering successfully 2 or 3 days before the cruise.

How did you order these bottles? I have only sailed with HAL and have been able to order a 40 oz bottle from room service for around $40. Do you have to order from CCL before getting on board?

Yes, you have to order ahead of time. Bottles are not available on board for on board consumption.

Be careful when ordering liquors..like Baileys, amaretto etc. I ordered Baileys and what was delivered was a brand I had never heard of before, I sent it back with my room stewart and they credited my account..I won't order those again from bon voyage!

When I called they told me they didn't have Bailey's, but another brand of Irish Cream...:eek:

was this for a 750 bottle and do you think they would have crown?

Crown was as of last week. 1 Lt bottle 55.00 + tax.

I got 2 and a bottle of Malibu Rum (1Lt also) with a special Valentine's Day cake and spent @175.00 for all.

Never cruised before and leaving on the Glory 28th of this month. Have read the threads on smuggling alcohol so won't try that. Ordering bottles before hand through the bon voyage dept sounds like a good alternative. Prices don't seem much higher that what we would pay here at home. Just to confirm, these are bottles that will be in our cabin when we arrive for consumption on the cruise?

Thanks

(PS my first post for my first cruise - about alcohol of course!):)

Never cruised before and leaving on the Glory 28th of this month. Have read the threads on smuggling alcohol so won't try that. Ordering bottles before hand through the bon voyage dept sounds like a good alternative. Prices don't seem much higher that what we would pay here at home. Just to confirm, these are bottles that will be in our cabin when we arrive for consumption on the cruise?

Thanks

(PS my first post for my first cruise - about alcohol of course!):)

Yes the bottles will be in your cabin.

You just have to bring your mixers!

Archived