Summit select dining, specialty dining and excursion reservations

donnysmom

Hi, All,

I've been trying to book these reservations on-line for my 6/13/10 Bermuda sailing, but have not been able to do so. When I go to the excursions page, it tells me that there are no excursions to book yet and to check back closer to my sail date (which is a mere 4 months away). When I try to book select dining and specialty dining, it just keeps bringing me back to the original page.

I've contacted Celebrity numerous times and they tell me they will inform the "appropriate dept." about the problem, but, so far, nothing's been done.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what have you done about it? Thanks for any responses.

Hi, All,

I've been trying to book these reservations on-line for my 6/13/10 Bermuda sailing, but have not been able to do so. When I go to the excursions page, it tells me that there are no excursions to book yet and to check back closer to my sail date (which is a mere 4 months away). When I try to book select dining and specialty dining, it just keeps bringing me back to the original page.

I've contacted Celebrity numerous times and they tell me they will inform the "appropriate dept." about the problem, but, so far, nothing's been done.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what have you done about it? Thanks for any responses.

Exactly the same for the April 25, 2010 sailing. I thought I would wait until the end of the month before I call Celebrity.

There is a problem with more than one sailing. I am going on May 16th

and cannot purchase anything on line yet either. I called X last week

and they aware of the problem but they could not give me a date

when it would all be fixed. I will be checking again...

So, you are not alone.

quote:

"Hi, All,

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what have you done about it? Thanks for any responses."

I am also having problems-web site wont let me book complimentary speciality restaurants online-instructs me to ring customer services. This i did-after been past from person to person a very ofhand lady eventually took my requests however my first requests were not available -already booked. Eventually settled on to dates which she said she had booked. This never showed on my account. Have e-mailed celebrity who only responce was no nothing booked!

I am on a MAC and we use Safari. Today my final payment was made for my 09May2010 cruise and it still does not work.

Here is a copy and paste from what I get when I try to book excusions:

There is no Shore & Land Excursions information for this itinerary at this time.

Please visit our web site closer to your sail date.

I get some kind of general speciality dining blurb when I click on BOOK for Normandie???

Jenn

Folks, try to use Safari not Internet Explorer or Firefox. When I couldn't book my specialty restaurant, I went to CC and someone suggested using Safari and it worked the first time. Let me know if this works. Good luck.

I am on a MAC and we use Safari. Today my final payment was made for my 09May2010 cruise and it still does not work.

Here is a copy and paste from what I get when I try to book excusions:

There is no Shore & Land Excursions information for this itinerary at this time.

Please visit our web site closer to your sail date.

I get some kind of general speciality dining blurb when I click on BOOK for Normandie???

Jenn

Thanks for getting back to me. I booked my excursions two months ago and the Millenium sails on July 2nd. I would call Celebrity and I wouldn't accept any excuses! We still can't get any beverage packages, but I couldn't care less. I'll buy them on board. But excursion do fill up. Sorry I couldn't help.

Hi, All,

Same here.. you have to call, and make reservations.

This is not necessarily the server..it is Celebrity and they know

it is on their part. They have told me for certain SUMMIT sailings

the excursions and Normandie bookings are not loaded into the system

correctly. They are having to re-enter the items (from what I have

been told).

So it will not matter if you have Safari or Internet Explorer. If the items

are not in the system for a particular sailing then you cannot buy them.

As for calling to make reservations? Only if you are 60 days out and that

is for Capt's Club members. I wanted to make a reservation and the gal

told me I needed to wait till March 16th if I want to do it over the phone.

(I sail May 16th.)

This is not necessarily the server..it is Celebrity and they know

it is on their part. They have told me for certain SUMMIT sailings

the excursions and Normandie bookings are not loaded into the system

correctly. They are having to re-enter the items (from what I have

been told).

So it will not matter if you have Safari or Internet Explorer. If the items

are not in the system for a particular sailing then you cannot buy them.

As for calling to make reservations? Only if you are 60 days out and that

is for Capt's Club members. I wanted to make a reservation and the gal

told me I needed to wait till March 16th if I want to do it over the phone.

(I sail May 16th.)

ohh I didn't know that!

In an email ad from Celebrity - I hit a link and it showed that Summit is only accepting Normandie reservations up through April 25 at this time. I guess we must wait to a later date - it does NOT say this when trying to make reservations on site, however.

ohh I didn't know that!

Glad I could help:)

Now, the problems for other sailings? That might have something to do with servers (I don't know). I was only asking about my booking.

I just know when I called the gal told me other people had also called for SUMMIT sailings in the same timeframe and they could not book

things on line either.

I hope they fix this...sooner, rather than later.

In an email ad from Celebrity - I hit a link and it showed that Summit is only accepting Normandie reservations up through April 25 at this time. I guess we must wait to a later date - it does NOT say this when trying to make reservations on site, however.

ahhhhh...thank you for posting this:)...that is why May 16th

is not accepting anything:eek:

I just checked my reservation, and I am able to book & pay for specialty dining and shore exursions for our March 13 sailing. Now just to decide...

I hope so...you sail in 4 weeks:D

On our recent Century cruise , we didn't do any "ships tours" & we did the regular seating for dinner. We did , however book the specialty restaurant through the Captains Club 800 #. It took 2 calls- the first person refused to take it. I called back a day or 2 later, got a different person & no problem. We did have to give a first & 2nd choice for date or time. I received an email confirmation a few days later. We wanted to change it to a different night instead & were advised to wait until we were on board & had no problem at all- we just saw the Murano's Matre d' right after boarding. The only "problem" we had (it was really more of a misunderstanding) was we thought that since we booked it (but did NOT pay ahead of time) before the price increase, that we would be paying the old price. It wasn't really that big a deal. We discussed it nicely with the Matre D' when we arrived that night & while he did not give us the lower price, he did give us each a glass of champagne on the house

Hi, All,

Maybe you are not talking to the right people?

Do you suppose maybe she was just trying to get rid of me fast? I called the cruise enhancement dept. . to make reservations for May 23rd cruise..and she said they were all booked up.. there were no days available? I found that some what odd..

Do you suppose maybe she was just trying to get rid of me fast? I called the cruise enhancement dept. . to make reservations for May 23rd cruise..and she said they were all booked up.. there were no days available? I found that some what odd..

Hi,:) I called again this afternoon for my sailing. I was told the specialty

reservations would be entered into they system by the end of the month.

The dates and times are not keyed in and I was told they were but they had a glitch

and are re-keying everything.

I am going to wait 2 more weeks (this is a short month) and I will check on line and

call them back if I am not able to do it at that time.

To be honest, no I don't believe the reply you received. All the days and times for your sailing booked already?

I have a feeling your cruise might be in the same timeframe as mine..where those dates are not in the system yet.

Hi,:) I called again this afternoon for my sailing. I was told the specialty

reservations would be entered into they system by the end of the month.

The dates and times are not keyed in and I was told they were but they had a glitch

and are re-keying everything.

I am going to wait 2 more weeks (this is a short month) and I will check on line and

call them back if I am not able to do it at that time.

To be honest, no I don't believe the reply you received. All the days and times for your sailing booked already?

I have a feeling your cruise might be in the same timeframe as mine..where those dates are not in the system yet.

Thanks for the info!

Archived