Wine purchase on board

trinidad

I know there are liquor packages and wine available for purchase as Bon Voyage gifts to be ordered before sailing. But, can wine be purchase on board by the bottle for consumption in our cabin? This is our first time on Azamara and I know other cruise lines sometimes have a "wine package" for purchase on board. I must admit it has been a long time since we've cruised on a non-all inclusive ship and we're spoiled.

I really don't want to try smuggling stuff on board.

It depends when the cruise is. We returned from our AZ cruise in Jan. and wine was NOT free. That policy goes into effect on April 1. However, it is possible to purchase wine for the cabin; in fact, there will be a bottle already waiting in your cabin and, should you open it, then you will be charged. There is a corkscrew in the cabin as well.

Thanks, cruisecountess. We plan to bring 2 bottles on at embarcation but that won't last for 12 days. Is a decent champagne or sparkling wine available for purchase? We are leaving this month so the new program will not affect us.

I am sorry, I assumed incorrectly that you were leaving after April 1st. They do have decent champagnes available but they are not inexpensive. On our last Azamara Cruise we actually brought 2 bottles of wine each at the start and brought 2 bottles each aboard at two of our port stops. We never had an issue doing this Enjoy your cruise

We'll be flying in the night before - and are hoping that there will be a store close to our hotel to buy our wines. I also read somewhere on these boards, that they will also allow you to bring on one bottle of liquor - Is that true? Dh would love to bring on a bottle of Crown - but we don't want to be embarassed at the port embarkation if this isn't the case...

I read in the Azamara brochure that absolutely no hard liquor is allowed to be brought on board - 2 bottle of wine per cabin only .. on top of that - if you buy liquor at a port, they store it for you until you leave the ship ...

This is my very first cruise .. so I'm really interested if I could bring a small bottle of rum on board at embarkation (that would make me oh so happy) ... I'm on the Journey starting this Friday!!!

Hi Everyone !

From what I've read, you are currently allowed to bring 2 bottles of Wine onboard. This is Per Cabin, not Per Passenger. Unless something has changed, I am pretty sure you cannot bring other types of Liquor onboard.

I hope this helps.

This is my very first cruise .. so I'm really interested if I could bring a small bottle of rum on board at embarkation (that would make me oh so happy) ... I'm on the Journey starting this Friday!!!

Hi Snogrrl !

I hope you have a wonderful Cruise on Azamara Journey. Bon Voyage !

Archived