Snorkeling in Grand Cayman

gog

We were in GC on 2/4/10, a day of 6 ships and 13000 cruisers. We had booked in advance on the "Buccaneer" with Capt Bryan. For US$45/each we had A/C transport in small buses and we were on the Catamaran Buccaneer out to Stingray City. Had a wonderful time at the city, then followed by two snorkel stops.

The Buccaneer can hold up to 60 but there were only 44 on board. Not bad considering the crowds in port. Stingray City was VERY crowded and I would love to go back on a day of one or two ships being in port. No crowds at the snorkeling stops.

Photographer on board was very nice and even though I took photos with my underwater digital we still bought the 7 photos they took of us with the rays along with 40 or so "Professional" underwater shots for US$25.00 on a disk.

Total tour time was >4 hrs. Only water and punch (no rum) on the ship, but we weren't sailing to get drunk but rather to see the sights underwater. Capt Bryan was great and we would not hesitate to go with them again.

We were very happy with our snorkel & stingray tour through Moby Dick - great service and small size gear for the kids. Water and kool-aid on the way back - booze is heavily taxed in Cayman Is.:mad: Good luck!:)

Looking for the best snorkeling in Grand Cayman. Any experiences? Would like to take a boat ride and have drinks on the way back. Going on a Carnival boat. Thanks

We used Capt Marvin's back in 2006. Great time!! Fairly small boats, maybe 30 people. You stop at the Coral Gardens, then the inner side of the reeef and then go to StingRay Cove. The crew was great, the boat was clean and neat and the experience was fantastic. They have a website so book them that way vice through the Cruise Lines

Cheers, Kenn

PS GC Is my most favorite Snorkel site

We used Capt Marvin's back in 2006. Great time!! Fairly small boats, maybe 30 people. You stop at the Coral Gardens, then the inner side of the reeef and then go to StingRay Cove. The crew was great, the boat was clean and neat and the experience was fantastic. They have a website so book them that way vice through the Cruise Lines

Cheers, Kenn

PS GC Is my most favorite Snorkel site

We also used Capt Marvin back in June of 2006. I think we only had about 18-20 people on the boat. Was nice having two snorkeling stops and then the stingray sandbar.

Archived