Capri- how does one get there? what to do?

Weroff2rome

To Euro Cruiser - We modified our tour plans a bit after speaking to friends in Italy. Blue Grotto overrated and a pricy, crowded tourist spot...according to them. We plan to do a boat trip around the island stopping by some of the grottos but not entering. Boat trip was highly recommended.

To Euro Cruiser - We modified our tour plans a bit after speaking to friends in Italy. Blue Grotto overrated and a pricy, crowded tourist spot...according to them. We plan to do a boat trip around the island stopping by some of the grottos but not entering. Boat trip was highly recommended.

so are your friends saying to take a tour around the island and not go to capri? What is your plan?

Has anyone been from SAlerno to Capri? If so is there only ferry service?

We had a great time in Capri last July on a 12 day Western Med cruise. Me and my travel companions agree we had the best cappuccino of our lives at one of the cafes on the waterfront, not to mention, the fruits de mer pizza. We did not have nearly enough time to do everything the island has to offer.

We were all a little uncertain about negotiating the ferry and stuff on our own, but it really was pretty simple. It was straight out the cruise terminal dock in Naples. Naples was our 1st stop, and we hadn't had time to exchange Dollars for Euros. They didn't take credit cards, but pointed me to an ATM just a few feet away.

One of the absolute highlights of the entire cruise was our 4 hour tour around the island on a gozzo with Gianni's Boats. Plenty of room to lay out on the deck, and the scenery was spectacular. We were offered a visit to the Blue Grotto, but it was crawling with people. Instead, we visited the numerous other Grottos, which are only reachable by boat. You can easily find Gianni with a google search, or he's also listed on the Capri tourism sites. He was very responsive on email, and we didn't pay a penny until we got there.

There were 4 in our group, and our driver (Gianni's dad). We stopped and anchored at several locations for a nice dip in the cool clear waters. We were treated to a little wine & breadsticks. Definitely the most relaxing day of our entire cruise.

I dream about going back!

We had a great time in Capri last July on a 12 day Western Med cruise. Me and my travel companions agree we had the best cappuccino of our lives at one of the cafes on the waterfront, not to mention, the fruits de mer pizza. We did not have nearly enough time to do everything the island has to offer.

We were all a little uncertain about negotiating the ferry and stuff on our own, but it really was pretty simple. It was straight out the cruise terminal dock in Naples. Naples was our 1st stop, and we hadn't had time to exchange Dollars for Euros. They didn't take credit cards, but pointed me to an ATM just a few feet away.

One of the absolute highlights of the entire cruise was our 4 hour tour around the island on a gozzo with Gianni's Boats. Plenty of room to lay out on the deck, and the scenery was spectacular. We were offered a visit to the Blue Grotto, but it was crawling with people. Instead, we visited the numerous other Grottos, which are only reachable by boat. You can easily find Gianni with a google search, or he's also listed on the Capri tourism sites. He was very responsive on email, and we didn't pay a penny until we got there.

There were 4 in our group, and our driver (Gianni's dad). We stopped and anchored at several locations for a nice dip in the cool clear waters. We were treated to a little wine & breadsticks. Definitely the most relaxing day of our entire cruise.

I dream about going back!

was was the price of Gianni's tour?

was was the price of Gianni's tour?

I try to forget costs, so my memory is a little weak on this one. It was $320 for four of us for a 1/2 day cruise, but I don't remember if it was $80 each, or priced for the boat.

Gianni was very good communicating on email. If you're interested, just reach out to him. giannite@hotmail.com

If you google Gianni's Boat, you'll find some nice pictures as well to give you a better idea what you'll see.

Archived