POM to MIA - Will I miss my flight???

FallingSilver02

Hi all - Will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty in May, docking at 8am. I've booked my flight out of MIA for 11:55am... have I cut it too close?? From my understanding, POM is fairly close to MIA and there are many taxis available, so I wasn't worried until some shipmates told me that I might need to be worried!! Should I look into moving the flight to a later time? :confused:

I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions - this is my first cruise out of Miami, so I thought it best to ask the experts (oh, if only I had thought to do that first!!)! Thanks!

Our last cruise out of Miami we had an 1125 flight and we were at the airport by 915. Carnival recommends flights out of MIA after 1130 so you should be fine. Do self debarkation and you can get off earlier.

I don't see a problem with it.

Have a great cruise!

Depending on your airline, you can also do luggage express though Carnival...we paid $20 a person and our luggage went straight to the airport, Carnival printed of four boarding passes, and all we had to do was go through security at the airport. We plan on doing this when we cruise again in June...we felt it was the best money spent.

Hi all - Will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty in May, docking at 8am. I've booked my flight out of MIA for 11:55am... have I cut it too close?? From my understanding, POM is fairly close to MIA and there are many taxis available, so I wasn't worried until some shipmates told me that I might need to be worried!! Should I look into moving the flight to a later time? :confused:

I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions - this is my first cruise out of Miami, so I thought it best to ask the experts (oh, if only I had thought to do that first!!)! Thanks!

Assuming the ship clears customs and there are no long lines to exit through Customs, you should be fine. However, if you can change to a later flight without incurring any change fees, I would change to a later flight. There is nothing worse than ending a relaxing vacation worrying about rushing around to make a flight.

Archived