Living it Up on Independence of the Seas! 8-nt Eastern REVIEW-lots of pics & detail!

nenner1

I have a couple of questions; but first let me just say WOW what a great post about your trip.

First, where did you find the pict in your signature Living it up?

Second, were the doors magnetic on IOS? and do many people decorate?

Third, you said, you boarded before 12, RCL said boarding starts at 2, was that the case for you as well? We always used to go early and have lunch; but I haven't cruised in 6 years, sooooooooo, wasn't sure. It seems many things have changed.

I have a couple of questions; but first let me just say WOW what a great post about your trip.

Third, you said, you boarded before 12, RCL said boarding starts at 2, was that the case for you as well? We always used to go early and have lunch; but I haven't cruised in 6 years, sooooooooo, wasn't sure. It seems many things have changed.

We were on the Feb 20 sailing of Independence. They started boarding the ship at appox. 11:45. We finished checking in about 15 minutes before they let people start boarding.

Although we haven't done Indy yet, we usually show up around noon and check in isn't a problem.

I made it! :) I used LogoMakerPlus (I think..that is an old program on my other computer), Photoshop Elements, and Digital Juice. It took a few weeks to make and a lot of work! Basically the background is in the LogoMaker program, the ship is pulled from a picture I found on Google and I erased the background from it and the text work is from Digital Juice fonts.

Yep, the doors are magnetic. We did not see many decorations, mostly just us and a few of the Elvis fan group that were onboard. There are small ridges in the doors so if you use stick on magnets like we did, they might not sit exactly flush on the door. We didn't have any problems with them staying on though.

Yep I think they always try to start boarding ASAP- depending on when they clear the last cruise it seems to be around the 11:00-noon hour. We finished checking in right as boarding began. But I think they say 2 just in case. everything I've read prior to our trip and our experience was that they are boarding around that time on a regular basis!

Thanks for reading and have a great cruise! :)

Thank you for a great trip report! It looks like you had a wonderful time and your photos are just terrific. :)

Thanks so much for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :)

Yes, it is entertaining review.

In the future, make sure your pre-cruise on land stays have pictures.

If for nothing else than to annoy Don.:D

You had provided insights to others like me who have never stepped foot on a Disney and excellent depth to places like Labadee.icon14.gificon14.gif

magnificent review. thanks for taking the time to post. very entertaining.

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading! :)

Yes, it is entertaining review.

In the future, make sure your pre-cruise on land stays have pictures.

If for nothing else than to annoy Don.:D

You had provided insights to others like me who have never stepped foot on a Disney and excellent depth to places like Labadee.icon14.gificon14.gif

LOL, glad it helped and entertained you! :) Thanks so much for reading!

Thanks for the great review. I enjoyed reading every word. We are going on Liberty in July & loved reading about your port stops & excursions since some of our ports are the same. I really wondered about Capt. Alan's in St Martin. I booked this for upcoming cruise for the morning but I noticed all the correspondence mentioned 8 am but we weren't arriving until 9. I asked them & they said we wouldn't be able to do the morning & would have to go from 1 to 5. We ended up cancelling b/c I was afraid I would be a nervous wreck worrying about making it back to the ship. I know it would probably be ok & they do this everyday but was afraid to take a chance. How was the traffic etc...getting back to the ship?

Thanks for the great review. I enjoyed reading every word. We are going on Liberty in July & loved reading about your port stops & excursions since some of our ports are the same. I really wondered about Capt. Alan's in St Martin. I booked this for upcoming cruise for the morning but I noticed all the correspondence mentioned 8 am but we weren't arriving until 9. I asked them & they said we wouldn't be able to do the morning & would have to go from 1 to 5. We ended up cancelling b/c I was afraid I would be a nervous wreck worrying about making it back to the ship. I know it would probably be ok & they do this everyday but was afraid to take a chance. How was the traffic etc...getting back to the ship?

Traffic going back to the ship in St. Maarten was fine. The dock we went out of for the Capt. Alan's excursion was literally around the corner from where the cruise ships dock...less than a 5 minute drive (not sure if they always use that marina though). Traffic was not a factor at all. They will adjust the end time of the excursion if necessary to ensure you will be back in time, although they did not have to for us. We ended up having plenty of time to stop at the bathroom, etc after getting dropped off back at the cruise pier. I totally recommend doing it- our whole excursion group was from our boat so once onboard I felt much more secure knowing if we got left behind at least there would be 12 of us "in the same boat" LOL! In fact we were really concerned about it beforehand but once on the excursion we totally forgot about it! :)

Hope that helps you! Have a wonderful cruise and thanks for reading!!! :D

PS- traffic in St. Thomas was really bad and I would not recommend cutting any do-it-yourself excursions very close at that port!

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much for your great report and fav photos

this is the first TR I have come across of the IOTS we are sailing on her this Oct

I noticed you are on a Halloween cruise

we were on the 2008 Disney Magic halloween cruise and found that disney didn't do a great trick or treat for the kids

just through I'd let u no

Thank you so much for your great report and fav photos

this is the first TR I have come across of the IOTS we are sailing on her this Oct

You are so welcome! I hope it has helped you! I think you will really enjoy Indy! She is a beautiful ship. :D

I noticed you are on a Halloween cruise

we were on the 2008 Disney Magic halloween cruise and found that disney didn't do a great trick or treat for the kids

just through I'd let u no

Thanks, yes I have seen the Halloween activities list from '08 and '09. I don't have high expectations and we expect they will do most of the Halloween activities while we are in Key West. Our meets thread decided to do our own Trick or Treat and I have no doubt it will be better than Disney's! Thnaks for the heads up and have a fantastic cruise! :)

Archived