Living it Up on Independence of the Seas! 8-nt Eastern REVIEW-lots of pics & detail!

nenner1

Pictures of your kids and multiple pictures of the motel room you stayed in before the cruise. Does anyone really care?

DON

I found having the family in the photos made it more real. Otherwise I might as well look at a cruise brochure.

I also found the photos of the hotel in Ft Lauderdale interesting as I will be booking in one of these in a couple of months. It is nice to see what it is like.

So, to answer your question - I care

What a great job you did with this review! We are leaving on Indy's 8 nighter next Saturday so the timing of your write-up could not have been any better than the write-up itself!!

Thanks so much! Glad it has helped you! :)

Pictures of your kids and multiple pictures of the motel room you stayed in before the cruise. Does anyone really care?

DON

As far as the hotel goes, people who might stay there in the future could be interested in it. :) The kids, well what can I say..I'm biased! ;) I appreciate your opinion, tho...thanks for stopping by!

Amazing review!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share. I'm sitting here watching Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel and her Cruise while I read this thread. It's really getting me in the mood for our Navigator Cruise next month.

Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

This is why I'm still "floating" Disney around in my head... we'll see. :)

It's a tough choice. I can't choose. I'm still cruising Disney some of the time. But I can see as time goes on we will eventually spend many more cruisews on RCCL..more ships, much more to choose from in the itinerary department. I am so looking forward to it! :D

great review and pictures!!! :)

Thanks so much for reading, glad you enjoyed it! :)

I found having the family in the photos made it more real. Otherwise I might as well look at a cruise brochure.

I also found the photos of the hotel in Ft Lauderdale interesting as I will be booking in one of these in a couple of months. It is nice to see what it is like.

So, to answer your question - I care

Thanks, Carol. That's kind of how I feel too. This is my first review on this site but I have done many on disboards. The style there is more personal like this one! I know my super long reviews might not be for everyone though! :cool:

Hi davy, wasn't it wonderful?!!! :D I'm glad you had a great time! Maybe we'll sail together again sometime! Thanks for reading! :)

Had a great time, took 771 photos. Put them to music on a photo DVD slideshow..................it's on for an hour and a half...LOL.

Once again, great review and great pics.....Roll on next time!!!

Cheers

Davy!!! :D

nenner1...

great review as I am sailing her in March. I have a question about the hotel you stayed in precuise, Did you stay in their north or south location as we are booked for the south location (was slightly cheaper) if so was there any stores within walking distance also any resturants? I know that you drove yourself but do you know if there was a charge for the shuttle to the port? Their website said no charge but when I called to confirm my reservation they told me they were starting to charge $8 but after speaking to management they say they will waive that fee for us. Thanks for your information.

nenner1, thank you so much for your great review and all the photos. I enjoyed it all. My family and I are sailing her for Spring Break in April and I really appreciate ALL the details you provided. This our our first Eastern itinerary and the details really helped me firm up some of the things I was considering. I have a question about the skyride to Paradise Point, if you had to do it over would you have taken the ride? I have a snorkel excursion booked for the afteroon and was considering the skyride in the morning...do you recommend it given the cost ?

Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review.:D

Had a great time, took 771 photos. Put them to music on a photo DVD slideshow..................it's on for an hour and a half...LOL.

Once again, great review and great pics.....Roll on next time!!!

Cheers

Davy!!! :D

I am working on that too! It is going to take me a long time, LOL! :)

nenner1...

great review as I am sailing her in March. I have a question about the hotel you stayed in precuise, Did you stay in their north or south location as we are booked for the south location (was slightly cheaper) if so was there any stores within walking distance also any resturants? I know that you drove yourself but do you know if there was a charge for the shuttle to the port? Their website said no charge but when I called to confirm my reservation they told me they were starting to charge $8 but after speaking to management they say they will waive that fee for us. Thanks for your information.

Hi! I'm sorry, we did stay in the North location. That is the one right by the Airport and cruise Port. I don't know if you've already pre-paid your reservation but we got ours through Hotwire for $89/night. Very good deal. If you can cancel and rebook for North I would totally recommend that. I don't know anything about the shuttle (except that many, many people were using it). But I can say that there are lots of places within walking distance to the North location. There is an Outback steakhouse practically in the parking lot. About 5-10 min walk (across the street and a block up) are several restuarants including Burger King, Mc Donalds and Denny's. It is a very populated area, lots of stores (strip mall type, but nothing in particular stood out to me) looks safe to walk in, we even saw some people walking around at about 9 PM. I know that doesn't help you too much being at the south location, sorry...but in case you decide to switch locations, or for anyone else curious...:) Thanks for reading!

nenner1, thank you so much for your great review and all the photos. I enjoyed it all. My family and I are sailing her for Spring Break in April and I really appreciate ALL the details you provided. This our our first Eastern itinerary and the details really helped me firm up some of the things I was considering. I have a question about the skyride to Paradise Point, if you had to do it over would you have taken the ride? I have a snorkel excursion booked for the afteroon and was considering the skyride in the morning...do you recommend it given the cost ?

Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review.:D

Well...yes I really liked the skyride. My photos totally stink. The view was spectacular. I'd say yes, for sure it is worth it to do it once if you never have been. It is pricey but if you spend some time up top checking everything out (like the trail, etc.) it makes it a little more worthwhile. I am so glad we did do it and frankly I might do it again next time if I can in the morning. But I really like things like that. ;) The bushwhackers are really good too! So yep, my recommendation is do it- unless it is a yucky day! Thanks so much for reading, glad it has helped you out! :)

Nenner1,

Thanks as well for the great review! We are boarding IOS on the same itinerary next month with our three kids. I know the flowrider was a hit. Any other activities that were popular with your kids, especially the oldest boy? (I have a 13 year old DS)

Forgot to ask you, how did you arrange for the Mortgage Mobile Cam, what was the cost? I did see that video on you tube i'm always looking at the new Indy videos on there, loved that video!! :)

PS: I cant wait to be in the ugly, disorganized Terminal 25 LOL!!

Forgot to ask you, how did you arrange for the Mortgage Mobile Cam, what was the cost? I did see that video on you tube i'm always looking at the new Indy videos on there, loved that video!! :)

We are on the video too. My mate spotted us standing at the rail by the pool...........drinks in hand.

Cheers

davy!!!

Nenner1,

Thanks as well for the great review! We are boarding IOS on the same itinerary next month with our three kids. I know the flowrider was a hit. Any other activities that were popular with your kids, especially the oldest boy? (I have a 13 year old DS)

Let's see, my kids still loved the H20 zone. But they are a bit younger. My oldest liked the ice skating and rock wall too. One thing he enjoyed was the evenig games- like the Big Music Game Show. He wanted to do more things like that but by that point in the cruise there weren't many more scheduled. I know there are teen specific cativities- like teen only Flowrider time and teen rock wall climbing, stuff like that. We also intended to do some karaoke (but never got around to it). The On Air club has booths where you can record yourself singing and buy the DVD. My kids wanted to do that but never did. So there are a few ideas.

Thanks for reading, hope this helps you! :)

Oh I don't blame you, I wish I could go back now....LOL!

The motgage mobile cruise wave pics are free. Check out this page for info on how to request it. The video- well they don't do video on every sailaway. They have to be available for it. In my case they said that they didn't have sailaway video for Indy yet, and that's why they took it. So I don't know if they will do another video but they will do the still shots (I think those might be automated? not sure). It is awesome, I am really grateful to Lou at Mortgage Mobile for taking so long out of his day to capture that video- we sailed away an hour late so he had to wait all that time! They are great to work with it is so nice to provide this service for free! :D

Thanks for the great review and pictures and for taking the time to share it with all of us!!! I really enjoyed it!

Thanks so much for reading, I'm so glad you liked it! :)

We are on the video too. My mate spotted us standing at the rail by the pool...........drinks in hand.

Cheers

davy!!!

That's awesome! I'm so glad you can share in it! :D I wish we could snap our fingers and go back to that day right NOW!

First - thanks so much - great review! greatly appreciate your time and effort in posting this!

you mentioned that on Labadee that Barefoot beach was restricted to suite guests, as well as diamond and diamond plus (I believe) - is this the case? I had heard it was ONLY for suite guests. was there a sign posted? how did that work to get in?

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write a report of your wonderful trip. I enjoyed reading about the experiences that you and your family had on board the Independence of the Seas as well as your time spent pre-cruise. Please know that it was greatly appreciated.

Let's see, my kids still loved the H20 zone. But they are a bit younger. My oldest liked the ice skating and rock wall too. One thing he enjoyed was the evenig games- like the Big Music Game Show. He wanted to do more things like that but by that point in the cruise there weren't many more scheduled. I know there are teen specific cativities- like teen only Flowrider time and teen rock wall climbing, stuff like that. We also intended to do some karaoke (but never got around to it). The On Air club has booths where you can record yourself singing and buy the DVD. My kids wanted to do that but never did. So there are a few ideas.

Thanks for reading, hope this helps you! :)

Thank you nenner1--this is great!

Great review. I wish that Freedom would do an 8-day itin. We are always saying how we need another day or two! You should definitely give Freedom a try--Port Canaveral was extremely efficient for both embarkation & debarkation--20 minutes each way for us, and that was on a full-capacity holiday sailing! P.S. I really enjoyed the pix of your kids, they all looked so happy & cute. Mine are 14 & 16, not so cute anymore:D

DON

This actually made my jaw drop. Wow. Boggles my mind.

I enjoyed the reviews and the pics. I'm not staying at her port hotel, but it's nice to see in case I do.

I'm also not doing any of the excursions, but apparently myself and others enjoyed it.

And her kids are gorgeous, no wonder she wants to show them off.

Loved your review. Thanks for all the details. We're trying to decide what to do with the car. DH & I are travelling wtih 2 teen age girls and everyone knows they can't bring more than they can carry themselves up and/or down steps. I can't decide what to do about hotel and parking. We will be sailing on the Indy the same day as the Oasis sails so I've been warned it may be crazy. Cost isn't as important as convenience and minimal hassel factor. My biggest concern is disembarking the quickest and getting on the road ASAP for our 15 hour drive home. We will do self disembark so not sure what the taxi line would be like at that time.

Thank you!

Great Review and pictures!!!!

P.S - Ignore the acid-tounged remarks by Don. He posts that way on many threads

It totally amazed me that was the only comment that he could think to make after reading through this review. There really are some things in this world that can make you just shake your head in disbelief.

Archived