Disney Magic stuck in Bahamas!

chicklogical

Yes, I was shocked to get to dinner and find only margarine at the table. Our waiter informed us that they had ran out of butter earlier that day. Butter doesn't spoil very quickly so it seems to me it would be one of the things that you could keep a lot of, but apparently that is not the case.

Funny about McDonalds! That's like an Applebees I went to last year. They ran out of fries, so they were serving onion rings to everyone. Then they ran out of those and we got broccoli. The waiter didn't even bother to tell us until we asked.

Butter? Really? how the heck can you run out of butter? Somebody screwed that one up, big time.

But then again based on my experience with Royal Caribbean, it doens't really surprise me.

I went to McDonalds once. They had no burgers. Or chicken. All they had were fish filets. How the heck can McDonalds be out of burgers?

When I was in High School, I worked at Burger King. One day the delivery truck crashed on the freeway. The managers had to scramble to borrow supplies from other restaurants all day and they still ran out of some things. That night, on TV I saw our burgers and fries all over the road.

They shoult raft them up. Just drop down a few fenders and you're good. That would be cool if they used the lobby gangways. Walk out of the Magic through the Wonder to get ashore. The Wonder's lobby would be eerily similar, like some sort of parallel universe.

In Sea Scouts, we would raft dozens of boats together, sometimes underway. Its a piece of cake.

Wouldn't work. DCL ships only have lobby gangways on the port side of the ship. No safe way to get between ships. Liners are a lot more difficult to lash together than canoes ;)

Wouldn't work. DCL ships only have lobby gangways on the port side of the ship. No safe way to get between ships. Liners are a lot more difficult to lash together than canoes ;)

If Im not mistaken they have gangway doors on deck 1 on both sides of the ship.Come to think of it theyd have to since the ships occasionally come in bow first to CC.

For anyone interested, I've been following the story on the DISboards and DCL seems to be jumping through hoops to accommodate everybody. The people stuck on the ship for the extra day are getting:

• free cell phone service to make flight changes
  • 20% off a future cruise
  • assistance with rebooking anything booked through DCL originally

The people who are being shorted a day (they'll be skipping St Maarten) receive:

• day passes to Epcot for today (includes transport from port area hotels for those who needed it)
  • $15pp dining card to use at WDW today
  • hotel for tonight (WDW if they are already there, otherwise high-end Orlando area hotels)
  • $20pp onboard credit to cover tonight's dinner
  • $100 per stateroom shipboard credit
  • 20% refund on this cruise or a full refund if they opt to cancel

I'd say that's an impressive attempt to compensate everybody!

We are looking at the port side in this picture. The ship has its starboard side at dock.

The person I was responding to said the ships only have a gangplank on the port side of the ship. So how could the ship possible dock with its starboard side next to the dock?

For anyone interested, I've been following the story on the DISboards and DCL seems to be jumping through hoops to accommodate everybody. The people stuck on the ship for the extra day are getting:

• free cell phone service to make flight changes
  • 20% off a future cruise
  • assistance with rebooking anything booked through DCL originally

The people who are being shorted a day (they'll be skipping St Maarten) receive:

• day passes to Epcot for today (includes transport from port area hotels for those who needed it)
  • $15pp dining card to use at WDW today
  • hotel for tonight (WDW if they are already there, otherwise high-end Orlando area hotels)
  • $20pp onboard credit to cover tonight's dinner
  • $100 per stateroom shipboard credit
  • 20% refund on this cruise or a full refund if they opt to cancel

I'd say that's an impressive attempt to compensate everybody!

Agreed...Disney works hard to do customer services correctly. They also are a model many turn to for how to do a good job on customer service related issues.

Disney does customer service better than anyone in the cruise and hotel industry. By a loooong mile. I have a thread on the Royal Caribbean boards about horrendous their customer service is. I just sailed on the Independence of the Seas, my sixth cruise with them, and they are telling me I was never on the ship. It's been a while since I've cruised anyone but Disney and I have to say that while I absolutely LOVED the huge ship, I miss the Disney customer service and experience. Quite simply, Disney does it better.

i hear that both ships are in port - just not sure where the wonder is. in my state of "i really don't know anything at all", they could tether the ships and a wonder guest could enter thru the 1st deck and walk thru the magic and exit onto the wonder (to the best of my recollection, they can board from either side on deck 1). makes more sense that they would just us another terminmal. we will see. it is happening now. time will tell.

Marine Traffic AIS website shows that the Magic is now back in Port Canaveral, and is docked along the channel out by Jetty Park. It shows that she entered the channel, did a 180* turn and is docked along the south seawall, facing East. DCL's own pier is already occupied by the Wonder, and the other two cruise ship piers are occupied by Freedom of the Seas and Sensation.

It will be interesting to see how they handled disembarkation, getting the passengers through Customs, then loading outbound passengers, supplies, etc. out there.

Norweign Sun is schedule to reposition and start sailing out of PC in October. These are 7 night cruises. I'm very curious on how PC will handle the additional ship.

The north port should be open on Saturdays. Perhaps that is the dock the NCL Sun will use.

Archived