Bar Credit (4 Drink Coupon)

magictam

I was thinking of pre-purchasing the bar coupons before my cruise to help minimize my bar bill. The fine print says they are "good for 1 drink not exceeding $5.25".

I think I've read recently that the bar prices have increased. Does anyone know what this will get me? Well I have to add extra funds from my S&S card (which would mean additional 15% tip correct?)? I fond of margeritas, sex on beach, bahama mamas, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Tammie

I was thinking of pre-purchasing the bar coupons before my cruise to help minimize my bar bill. The fine print says they are "good for 1 drink not exceeding $5.25".

I think I've read recently that the bar prices have increased. Does anyone know what this will get me? Well I have to add extra funds from my S&S card (which would mean additional 15% tip correct?)? I fond of margeritas, sex on beach, bahama mamas, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Tammie

Honestly..it really varies a lot.

Depending on waiter/waitress or bartender.

For "specialty drinks" Some will charge extra, others will not.

For most standard drinks..DoD, rita's they usually did not.

miami vice, usually extra, but it was only like $1.25-$1.50

not a lot.

Having the coupons paid in advance did make a big difference in the final S&S bill..

We will probably use them again on our next cruise.

Also, It has the tip included, but we usually gave them $1 extra. We found a waitress from a previous cruise, very friendly hard worker and she was always there or close by when we were ready. As much as possible we would see that she was the one to get our order.

(just an fyi..each waiter/waitress/bartender gets the tip from the order they ring up...they do not get pooled. same for cash tips)

Coupons that you buy from Bon Voyage are delivered to you at dinner the first night. I can't remember if ours were delivered at dinner or delivered to my room. They were delivered some time the first day. I did have to sign for them.

I lost ours (fell out of a pocket) so I can't really speak to how well they work :(

hb5

Coupons that you buy from Bon Voyage are delivered to you at dinner the first night. I can't remember if ours were delivered at dinner or delivered to my room. They were delivered some time the first day. I did have to sign for them.

I lost ours (fell out of a pocket) so I can't really speak to how well they work :(

hb5

I agree with what's been posted here but I had a time getting mine. I had to ASK for them and then it took them about an hour to figure out who was supposed to get them for me and where they were supposed to get them from. Maybe it was everyone's first night? :D

I probably wouldn't bother using them again just because it was such a hassle to get them in the first place. JMO

I tried using them on my last cruise, thinking it would be a better deal...it was more of a hassle because I always had to put the extra on S&S- I was disappointed because most of the drinks were 6.50...not 5.25:(

That's what I'm worried about. But luckily the ones we'll be getting are from family members. The drink prices have gone up quite a bit, the drinks I like used to be $5.75 and now they're $7.25.

We used our's on the last cruise we had and they worked out great. We also had one bartender that we used and she never charged extra after the first day. DH loves his Pina Coladas.:) Plus it is already paid for money I also put on S & S card can be used for other things, like if I get low on my gambling money.lol

My worry about using the coupons now-

How do they figure out how much more to charge me if I use the coupon.

I used to be a bar coupon supporter--- but not since they raised the cost of a drink I dont know if its worth it anymore. Not that they saved me money but having them prepaid was the reason why-- today the coupons do not come with calculators--and I am on vacation and dont want think.

I buy funship dollars each week now

Archived