Bon Voyage Carol and Meg!

Got2Cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the well wishes. We just got back and had a fabulous time. Meg just sailed on the second leg of her B2B. I don't know exactly how many kids were on the ship - there seemed to be quite a few, particularly the younger kids (pre-high school). Most of the kids I saw were with parents and siblings - no packs of unsupervised children roaming the ship.

:)Have a great time, and can you please let me know how many kids are on your Explorer cruise this President's week? Enjoy the SUN

On the 2008 President's week cruise there were around 1,100 kids. Just like anything else, there were good kids and a bunch of kids hogging the elevators.

On the 2008 President's week cruise there were around 1,100 kids. Just like anything else, there were good kids and a bunch of kids hogging the elevators.

Goodness Gracious. :D I am sure all the families had a wonderful time, but since I am a teacher on vacation with no young children, I think I will just stay home with a book.;)

There were nowhere near 1100 kids. It was a 12 day cruise, so you had to take your kids out of school for a week. Some folks decided to do this, so that gave us a good sampling of kids without being overrun. As a result, the cruise had a wide variety of ages. I think next year the 9 day cruise goes during the school vacation week, so I would imagine it will be loaded with kids.

There were nowhere near 1100 kids. It was a 12 day cruise, so you had to take your kids out of school for a week. Some folks decided to do this, so that gave us a good sampling of kids without being overrun. As a result, the cruise had a wide variety of ages. I think next year the 9 day cruise goes during the school vacation week, so I would imagine it will be loaded with kids.

The one i was on in 2009 was the 9 day during President's week. Kids only needed to be pulled out for the first day - Friday.

Archived