Unable to process payment at this time

cynt

I received this message yesterday and this morning on the RCCL website while trying to make a payment. It tells me to try again later. When I received it yesterday I figured they were processing file maintenance on the system. However, I received it again this morning.

Has anyone else received this message?

I booked online via RCCL website. I'm going to try again this afternoon.

There have been a few threads over the last week stating that the RCCL website is having issues with payments, how surprising.:rolleyes: They really need a new IT department. One of the threads mentioned a specific date that if your cruise was booked online before that date payments are working but if booked after that date they aren't.

You might want to call in your payment.

One thing you might want to do before you try and make a payment is to make sure they didn't put a hold on your account already for the first payment that failed. The way the process works is that they interface with a merchant provider and they send the card information to them, which then does all the checking to make sure the numbers are valid and you have enough credit available for the payment. If this is successful, it's logged on the bank side. They get a message back saying your payment is good and then it would update their side. However, if they were having problems with their side and it wasn't updated, it will still reflect on your card. It all depends on where the problem was. It may have been with the merchant provider/processor.

I'd check before you try to make another payment.

I always book directly with RCI, never a TA. When I log into 'My Cruises' page and open one of my unpaid cruises, I have a message in bold RED type that I can not process a payment at this time.

In order to make a payment(s) I go to the payment tab option across the top, and proceed entering my payment amount there. So far, this has worked for me; perhaps it is worth a try.

I had the same problem last weekend. First it didn't want to accept my booking, then it didn't want to take my payment for the deposit. There's something seriously wrong with that website! If it was just a once in a while thing that's different, but I'm always reading about problems with the site. Ugh.

One thing you might want to do before you try and make a payment is to make sure they didn't put a hold on your account already for the first payment that failed. The way the process works is that they interface with a merchant provider and they send the card information to them, which then does all the checking to make sure the numbers are valid and you have enough credit available for the payment. If this is successful, it's logged on the bank side. They get a message back saying your payment is good and then it would update their side. However, if they were having problems with their side and it wasn't updated, it will still reflect on your card. It all depends on where the problem was. It may have been with the merchant provider/processor.

I'd check before you try to make another payment.

I tried multiple times over the weekend and also called my CC company to see if there were any holds on my CC from my payment attempts. The CC company did not see any attempts at a transaction so it seems that the fault is that the RCI site is not communicating with the customers merchant at all.:rolleyes: It was more bothersome to keep entering the CC info and then getting the same message that I finally called RCI and had my payment processed quickly and had a receipt issued promptly.:)

I tried multiple times over the weekend and also called my CC company to see if there were any holds on my CC from my payment attempts. The CC company did not see any attempts at a transaction so it seems that the fault is that the RCI site is not communicating with the customers merchant at all.:rolleyes: It was more bothersome to keep entering the CC info and then getting the same message that I finally called RCI and had my payment processed quickly and had a receipt issued promptly.:)

That site is really finicky sometimes!

Archived