Skipsjean

skipsjean

We are new to crusing, taking the Emerald March 28. We,myself, husband and son, 16, are in cabin P212 right next to the laundry. Can anyone tell me if the laundry is closed at night?

Has anyone taken the America's Cup 12-Meter excursion on St Maarten? We will be, but have not seen much mention of it here. Can anyone give us their opinions?

The laundry usually is posted as closed at 10 however we've never seen them actually locked. No worries though. We've had a cabin directly across the hall and never heard a thing.

We participated in the America's Cup in St. Maarten and it was probably one of the BEST excursions we did. We choose the 9:00 race and still had time to take a taxi over to Orient Beach, do some shopping on the French side, and return for more shopping before tendering back. Buy the CREW tee shirts. They're great. Make sure your camera is waterproof. Everyone on our trip got a little wet from the splash. (Our boat won !)

Thank you so much for the info. I was worried that it would be noisy at night, the only time we plan on being in our room. The prices are noy bad, so I may do a few loads if the need be.

We are doing the early morning America's cup also and are really looking forward to it. Glad to hear someone else has doen it.

Thanks again for all the input!

Aww, your going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear how your first cruise went. My parents took me on our first cruise when I was also 16, 10 years later we are still cruising strong and have spent many hours of irreversable quality time together.

I hope your prepared for getting "hooked." I have not taken that excursion myself, but have heard good reviews of it in the past, can't think of any negative reviews so it should also be a lot of fun. Have a wonderful cruise!

The laundry usually is posted as closed at 10 however we've never seen them actually locked.

Not on emerald. 24 hours.

I even checked at the Pursar's desk -- as I needed singles for

the change machine -- before I used it around 5:00AM.

Suprisingly, uncrowded at that time.

We sailed on the Emerald last fall. I can attest to the fact that the laundry room is open all hours. Believe it or not, we did laundry at about midnight 1/2-way through the cruise (yes, while other folks were in the lounges, etc.--we were waiting for the spin cycle to end...LOL). On the Coral Princess we also did laundry very late and very early.

Haven't tried America's Cup excursion in St.Maarten, but it sounds great. Enjoy your cruise. And WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!

Archived