Liquor Store around La Quinta East?

FallingSilver02

Hi all - I searched the boards and didn't see any recent posts on this... I am flying into MIA on 5/17 (10pm landing), and will be staying at La Quinta East overnight for my 5/18 cruise (address below):

La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East

3501 NW Le Jeune Road (42nd Avenue)

Miami, FL 33142

I would like to bring a bottle of wine along in my carry on. I've read there isn't much around that area - but does anyone know of a liquor store close by (either walking or short taxi drive distance)? Or is it possible to buy wine before leaving MIA? We are taking a shuttle to POM (I have read they don't sell wine there), so stopping to pick up wine on the way won't work for us.

Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Here you go

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=3501+NW+Le+Jeune+Rd+(42nd+ave),+Miami,+FL+33142+(La+Quinta+Inn+Miami+Airport+East)&geocode=CW9Ee1ZOmzy6FYXEiQEdtEo3-yGMQQIn5bnhTA&q=liquor+store&f=l&hl=en&dq=La+Quinta+Inn+Miami+Airport+East&sll=25.805957,-80.262476&sspn=0.071946,0.071946&ie=UTF8&ll=25.807618,-80.259418&spn=0.072479,0.108147&z=13

Looks like many to chose from.

HI, we are going on a 3 night cruise in April and as of right now it looks like we will be staying at the LaQuinta. I don't have the rooms booked yet, just waiting to see if a few more join us.

If you don't find out ahead of time, I can check it out for you in April.

Falling,

I will check it out for you. Right now I think we have decided to rent a car the entire time we are there. We are just doing a 3 night cruise and are flying into FLL. A rental car for 5 days is cheaper than shuttles to and from FLL for two. I need to make some calls today and confirm that the LaQuinta has free parking.

Please note my email address and if I don't remember to post, email me after 4/27. waterbugmom@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
From the looks of the map, my concern is that we may have to cross what looks like a major road to get to the majority of the stores... hmmmm....

WaterBug, I would love if you could ask around for me during your time there, and let me know your thoughts on the place! Thanks!

You are correct - you can't really walk to them from that La Quinta.

We stayed at La Quinta West and there was a liquor store and a Publix 1.7 miles away and we walked there and took a $10 cab back.

I know they don't have a shuttle, but we had 4 people and it was cheaper to stay there and pay for a taxi for the 4 of us...

Archived