CCL Behind the scenes tour pricing

Don't believe it's on the website...just one of those things you have to know about. You book it at the Shore Ex desk..just like everybody has said, as soon as you get on board. It was funny cuz our group on the Freedom consisted of all but one CruiseCritic members who had read about it here!

Thanks it does look really cool. I'm convinced, I'll sign up in April on our next cruise.

We did this on the Conquest in December. We loved it. Well worth the price. You need to go to the shore excursion desk the first day. They told me that both groups of 16 usually sell out by the first night.

We saw the stage and backstage area, bridge, engine control room, crew bar, crew dining room, crew kitchen, training room, laundry, waste area, food storage, kitchen, bow of the ship (had a group picture made there), steakhouse kitchen, and the captain's dining room.

Thanks for the details on what it all includes.

Where do I sign up on the ship? Since it's 1st come 1st serve kinda deal, do they wait until everyone has boarded to start taking reservations, or should I plan on boarding the ship early so I can book the behind the scene tour?

The shore desk will probably already be open when you board. You can book it right away. That's the first place I went, but the computer was down, so I had to check back several times in the next couple of hours or two before I got it booked.

According to John Heald, it will not be posted on the Carnival website. The reason being is that the tour is limited to 16 people and between Cruise Critic, Johns Blog and those other cruise websites (not being mean, just can't remember the names), it gets booked up quickly...

We usually get on board and go directly to the Lido Deck, grab a table in the middle of room, sit back, watch and try to figure out the "newbies".. This time I will immediately head to the Excursion Desk or Pursers Desk (Freedom) and sign us up... There are 6 of us so I'm thinking this tour could be filled up the first hour!!!

Can 1 person sign all of us up or did each person taking the tour have to be in line? There are 6 of us in 2 cabins... Thnx...

Can 1 person sign all of us up or did each person taking the tour have to be in line? There are 6 of us in 2 cabins... Thnx...

You would just buy six tickets...as long as all are being charged to your room. Otherwise, two of you would need to go to charge to each cabin I would think....

You will enjoy it!

We did it on the Freedom and the age limit was 13 yrs and older. It lasted over 4 hours because the captain got talking about stuff and got carried away but it was very interesting. We loved it and would recommend it even at $95pp.

Thank you for the info :)

• 1 month later...
Wish they allowed cameras (although I understand why they do not)..

I think that they do not want any more repeats like the photo of the list of passengers that cut off their auto tips. I think that it sort of embarrassed the brass at Carnival.:D

Even at $95, with the tour removed, the gifts and treats that come along with the tour would be obtained at a great discount....so you can either consider the tour worth it and free gifts, or you can consider it as a great souvenir package that gave you a free tour of the boat if you MUST justify it so!! ;):)

Dh and I are planning on taking the Fascination tour. We thought it would be around $95 so if it's $55 that's even better. Either way we are going. Sounds like it would be fun. Hopefully it won't last 4 hours though that might push my fun limit for a tour LOL

We'll already be in the early excursion line to book HMC so we'll do this while we are there.

We did this tour on the Splendor and had a fantastic time. I highly recommend it to everyone. There is a lot of walking and only one break (about 15 minutes). Wear comfortable shoes! The cost was $95.00, but well worth it with all the info and goodies that you get.

Enjoy!

Did you take any restroom breaks? I know my son would love it but he has a spastic bladder and needs to take a break every hour or so. Thanks.

Yours might be a special needs request but on the tour I took yesterday on the Paradise there were no allowed potty breaks. Our tour was just over 3 hours long.. Well worth the $$. I loved it.

Hey guys-I will be on the Freedom in a few weeks. We are doing the 6 days...would the cost be $55 or $95? I know that the ship alternates from 6 day to 8 day sailings. Just wondering which one you were on and how much. Thanks so much!

WOW! Is that a rip off (IMO).

Interesting response. Not sure how you can say that - if you have not done the tour :rolleyes:.

We very much enjoyed it on the Dream - it was great and we learned alot! Not sure that we would do it again - because they would all basicially be the same. But as others have already said - it is great to do once.

[quote name='steelerjen']We did this tour on the Splendor and had a fantastic time. I highly recommend it to everyone. There is a lot of walking and only one break (about 15 minutes). Wear comfortable shoes! The cost was $95.00, [COLOR=red][B]but well worth it with all the info and goodies that you get[/B][/COLOR].

Enjoy![/quote]

[SIZE=3]Agreed![/SIZE]

[quote name='mmawco']Hey guys-I will be on the Freedom in a few weeks. We are doing the 6 days...would the cost be $55 or $95? I know that the ship alternates from 6 day to 8 day sailings. Just wondering which one you were on and how much. Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

I'd say $95 because of the size of the ship and because its longer than a 5 day cruise... not 100% positive though...the bigger ships have more behind the scenes stuff to see...

[quote name='Tenga1899']I'd say $95 because of the size of the ship and because its longer than a 5 day cruise... not 100% positive though...the bigger ships have more behind the scenes stuff to see...[/quote]

Thats what I was kinda thinking also. Someone posted that 6 days or less it was $55 is what I thought I read. With it being a larger boat though I figured it would be more. Thanks for your input. :)

[quote name='DisneyHotMama']Yours might be a special needs request but on the tour I took yesterday on the Paradise there were no allowed potty breaks. Our tour was just over 3 hours long.. Well worth the $$. I loved it.[/quote]Thanks - maybe I'll just ask before I book.

[quote name='Crusin Karen']Would it be worth it for someone to do this solo who is deaf so couldn't hear the commentary? MIL would like to do this.[/quote]

Personally I would have loved the tour even if I couldn't hear what they were saying. I think it was so enjoyable because of the locations we were able to visit and the things we saw but saying that there was a lot of information that was explained to us so we understood what we were seeing. I think this is a hard call....

I'll just add to what's been said and agree that it was worth the $95 to me. The tour was 4 hours. I'd have paid that price for the tour, let alone the bling they throw in. My son got the ball cap, my daughter got the lanyard and wrist band, the 4 of us enjoyed the chocolate strawberries, I enjoyed the couple drinks at the steakhouse, we enjoy looking at the pictures the crew took from around the world in the Picture Perfect book, and I also have the 3 8x10 photos (2 group shots with each of the head chef and the captain, plus the individual pic with the captain on the bridge). Compare this to the Princess tour where it's $150 and they give you a chef hat along with some goodies.

Also regarding washroom breaks. The staff aren't in the job of making you miserable. If you have to go, ask, and they will accommodate you. We had someone in the group who had the urgent need when we were at the engine control room, so the tour leader took her to a washroom down the hall. Later when we were at the crew training center, there was an opportunity to use the facilities there.

Also, on our tour, they were enforcing the closed toe shoe rule, and sent a couple people who wore sandals off to change. Because the tour was new and not being talked about on here, I only had sandals and dress shoes with me on the ship, so had to wear the dress shoes for the tour. I also got a particular kick out of the show on security they put on at the start by making us all assume the position with our feet apart and our arms out to the side so they can wand us. The guard didn't do the tour with us.

[quote name='DanJ'] I also got a particular kick out of the show on security they put on at the start by making us all assume the position with our feet apart and our arms out to the side so they can wand us. The guard didn't do the tour with us.[/quote]

The wanted us too in the assume the position.... The scanner was very sensitive as it even caught a pack of gum a teenager had - the gum was wrapped in foil...and it beeped lots on a lady who recently had a knee replacement.

Our guard didn't follow us around but joined us at our tour of the engineering room and then to the bridge.

Archived