Sailaway Party on Caribbean Princess

TorontoTL

Believe it or not, despite havning been on three previous cruises, I didn't know that they had such a thing as a sailaway party. I'm sure most CCer's have been to a sailaway party. Can anyone tell me what a sailaway party is like? Do they have free drinks? When does it start? etc. If there is one on the Caribbean Princess then I think I should go to the party and make it the first time I'll be at the party. I've always been in my cabin or on my balcony having a glass of champagne during sailaway.

I always thought that the sail away party was the gathering on the Lido Deck by the pools, with the steel drums playing and the foo foo drinks flowing, and people dancing, swimming and hottubbing. Am I thinking wrong?

Vette

The sail away party on the 12/4/2004 sailing of the Caribbean Princess was more fun than any ship we had ever been on. it seemed as though the whole cruise directors staff was at the Neptune pool organizing all the festivities.

The deck was hopping, must have been 300 or 400 people all partying & dancing to the music and partaking in all the dance contests and raffles going on. The Caribbean band was playing for 2 hours as we sailed away. The lead singer of the band was walking throughout the audience getting people to sing on the wireless mike and leading the looooong conga lines around the pool.

We had exchanged photos with some of our roll call friends and recognized and met many of them at the party. It was great!!!

The booze was not free, but I didn't expect it to be.

The sail away party on the 12/4/2004 sailing of the Caribbean Princess was more fun than any ship we had ever been on. it seemed as though the whole cruise directors staff was at the Neptune pool organizing all the festivities.

The deck was hopping, must have been 300 or 400 people all partying & dancing to the music and partaking in all the dance contests and raffles going on. The Caribbean band was playing for 2 hours as we sailed away. The lead singer of the band was walking throughout the audience getting people to sing on the wireless mike and leading the looooong conga lines around the pool.

We had exchanged photos with some of our roll call friends and recognized and met many of them at the party. It was great!!!

The booze was not free, but I didn't expect it to be.

Wasn't Island Night the same kinda party... ???

Island night was fun too. Streamers flying, music playing, line dancing, etc... but they did not have the raffles that night. But on Island Night, they had trays and trays of hot fried shrimp, crab cakes, steak skewers, fried scallops, marinated chicken, can't remember them all but the crew was surrounding me with them. We had a lot of laughs with the servers!

There is the Sailaway party--with the Activities Staff---and A sailaway party with people on your cruise with whom you've been posting,and have agreed to meet at a designated spot as you pull out of port. Our group, the Sea Bees, arranged to meet at the Aft Pool (Terrace) after the Muster Drill to meet each other and enjoy the sail a way together. However, the main party is on the Lido Deck-Neptune pool-with the staff. This was our first year to be with a specific gang, so were always with the other passengers when we left Ft. Lauderdale. That main party is has been included on the promotional video of your cruise at the end of your trip-if you choose to purchase it. Hint-purchase the tape! We didn't and had a copy made by a friend that didn't turn out well at all. Lynne I might add that the Caribbean Princess Sailaway party with the Staff seemed like more fun than other parties on other cruises.I watched it all week on the cabin TV as something was added to the tape each day.

Hey Crazsea, we were on the 12/4 cruise and at the sailaway party too! :D It WAS fun, we danced a bunch and collected tons of raffle tickets, but didn't win anything...c'est la vie. :)

We even saw ourselves on the cruise video, dancing away... ;)

This last week, the sailaway party was a blast, even with the threats of rain! we danced and had a great time, and I collected 9 raffle tickets, but I didnt win. And no cheesy luggage tags or cheap champagne given here. $100 spa visits, $50 Sabbatinins GC and picture pacakges were awarded (amoung other things)! very nice!

Casey

Our sailaway party was with our roll call people on our last three cruises and had a ball. We made sure we met at a certain place preferably a bar ;) and had a dandy time. Our last roll call board was sailing under the Golden Gate. What a moment.

Marilyn

Hi Toronto,

So glad I'm not the only one who has missed the Sail Away party. I was on my first cruise in July and my second cruise in December and missed both parties. My second cruise was on the Caribbean Princess. The nice thing about this ship was that they had Sail Away parties after every port they left. I did make the one leaving San Juan. It rained so it had to be moved inside to Club Fusion. It was a blast. Drinks were not free but they came around with plenty of snack food. It was great.

It's always nice to meet some of the people with whom you have been posting. Some of you will stay together, others will go their own way during the cruise.However, it's great running into someone you know and just saying hi-or watch him/her in the pool games or see during a horse race, etc. It makes the Ship seem "smaller". Some of us from our cruise are still posting and emailing. Lynne

Archived