radiance pool for laps

SJpaul

I am training for a sprint triathalon three weeks after I come home fro my cruise. I was wondering if the spa/gym has pool you could use tot swim laps 9 or a stainary pool)???

Thanks!

The best time to swim laps is at night :) The pools are open 24hrs (except for cleaning) and there is rarely anyone using them!!!!

True! The pools are small and shallow...there's little room to do anything except hop in and get wet! There's simply no place to swim during daylight hours! And, if you do it at night, a good push from one end will quickly float you to the other end...did I say the pools are small?

As the previous poster has said, if you glide off one end you will hit your head on the other.

I am a lap swimmer and aqua excercise instructor and when I am on a cruise like a transatlantic with lots of sea days I take a swim tether. It tethers around the piping at the far end of the Solarium Pool then fastenes around your waist. You then essentially swim in place and pull against the resistance bands. If i swim hard for 1/2 an hour I can safely say I've swum at least 1000 yds. It's not a sprint but a good workout. Hope this helps. Available at Kiefer.com

The best time to swim laps is at night :) The pools are open 24hrs (except for cleaning) and there is rarely anyone using them!!!!

The cruises I have been on (10) the pools are not open 24 hours. They have a net that is placed over the pool to keep people out. I can't imagine RCCL having pools open 24 hours after the issues they have had with drinking and such. You can forget swim training on a cruise ship, you can spin and run but no swimming (laps) on the ship. Good look with your race.

Archived