Are there ever Group Cruises out of tampa?

KNowme1st

post_new.gif Today, 04:49 PM

image.php?u=340260&dateline=1213989697KNowme1st user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifGroup Cruises out of Tampa???

Are there ever any of the group cruises that go out of Tampa???

Thinking of taking one when i take the 2 youngest grandsons for their cruise. That way we kill 2 birds with one stone, we all get to see the family in Fla and do the cruise in one shot. But I never seem to see any out of Tampa. Unless 'm looking in the wrong corners. lol

Would like to do a group cruise out of Tampa for when we take the 2 youngest grandsons on their cruise. Did the oldest 01/12/09. Thought a group one would be the best choice due to the lower deposite fee.

Are tehre Ever the group cruises out of Tampa? Can't recall ever seeing one.

I was looking at the group cruise section of the board earlier and noticed they had one on the Legend last year.

I didn't see any currently going out of Tampa (the two current ships are the Legend and the Inspiration) but http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=50 explains how you can go about setting up a group cruise. From all the reviews and raves I've heard about the Legend (hence why we decided on the Legend for our upcoming cruise in Jan) it seems like there would possibly be some interest if it were at the right time.

Yeah, I agree with a group cruise needing to go out of Tampa. Of course, I'm a bit biased since it's the closest port and cheapest for us to go out of. Which, of course is how I can tell you that the last one was last Fall.

If one were to pop up for next year, I might be interested if it were in the later part of the year since we are cruising in January. All the currently scheduled group cruises for this year look like they would fun, but we don't want to do a cruise until January because DS won't be 2 until the end of Dec. And sadly, we don't have family close enough that would be willing to watch both kids for us.

Count me as another vote for a Tampa group cruise !

I have only been on 2 short cruises so far, so I am not confident enough to start a group myself.

I need to rectify that by taking a few more cruises.

The sooner the better :D

Yep...There was a group cruise out of Tampa (Saints and Sinners) in the fall. Have cruised with that group twice and have had a great time.....

It is kind of funny though that there are few group cruises out of Tampa.....

I am just starting to plan a group cruise out of Tampa on the Carnival Legend 10/24/2010. So far I have 5 "yes" and 6 maybe people just in my condominium building.

If anyone else would be interested, please let me know. I am going to get all the official information this week. I do know that inside cabins were in the $400's and Balconies in the $600's. Can't really go wrong at those prices!:D

Terri

Anyone can set up a group cruise on any ship out of any port, depending on cabin availability.

I'm on my way right now to Mobile for a group cruise for medical coders. I'll teach seminars on the sea days so coders can earn their continuing education units. There is a large consulting firm that does group cruises every year - this year it was on the Imagination (or was it the Inspiration?) out of Tampa.

There is some legwork (phone work?) for whomever the leader is, but Carnival helps with all of that. There are options for group activities, group cocktail parties, etc. For our group, we are hosting a cocktail party - and that added a cost of $10 to each person in the group.

If this one goes well, we are scheduling one for September -

The link is posted above how to get a CC group cruise together. You have to go thru CC and cant do your own TA to post info on here, it has to be a approved CC group cruise.

CC gets some revenue from the group cruises, so you cant blame them for not allowing you to advertise your own.

Yes, anyone can start a group though...

Anyone can set up a group cruise on any ship out of any port, depending on cabin availability.

I'm on my way right now to Mobile for a group cruise for medical coders. I'll teach seminars on the sea days so coders can earn their continuing education units. There is a large consulting firm that does group cruises every year - this year it was on the Imagination (or was it the Inspiration?) out of Tampa.

There is some legwork (phone work?) for whomever the leader is, but Carnival helps with all of that. There are options for group activities, group cocktail parties, etc. For our group, we are hosting a cocktail party - and that added a cost of $10 to each person in the group.

If this one goes well, we are scheduling one for September -

Sorry! I guess I should have realized you were talking about a Cruise Critic group cruise - the info I posted was correct for a group cruise set up directly with Carnival. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I just have to plan a group of my own. I sent the email on 2/22 and have still not heard from Cruise Critic Group department. The same thing happened last year when I was email them to get a group cruise together for October 2009. So, after I waited almost a month to hear from them and sent them several emails, I gave up and booked directly with the cruise line. Worked out great for me and we had a wonderful time.

Looks like I may have to do the same this time around. I will let you know when I get the information such as prices and cabin availabilities.

I am going no matter what!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd most likely be interested as well. Only thing is that I've already got the "Legend" booked for 9/26/10, and "Miracle" for 11/11/10, so the date would have to be "right". I'll keep watching the boards.....

"SKY"

We would be interested in doing a group cruise out of Tampa next year. Our allotment of cruises for this year is already taken up with Alaska (next month!) and Coz/Costa Rica/Panama in October.

I say pick a date and post something about a "possible" cruise -you never know!

Count me as another vote for a Tampa group cruise !

I have only been on 2 short cruises so far, so I am not confident enough to start a group myself.

I need to rectify that by taking a few more cruises.

The sooner the better :D

Lisa you are going with us in Jan....

If you want to try your hand at a group cruise, I would be glad to help you best I can.

I will know more once I get done in Sept. as that will be my first time as a leader,

I have been a leaders helper a couple of times, once as a roll call group and once as an Official group.

I only had one cruise under my belt, when I started my Liberty Thread...

Spreading my wings now...

The first part is going to be easy.

look at all these who already are thinking they want a CC Group out of Tampa!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that long ago there was the swingers cruise out of Tampa. Would not want to be on following cruise!

Ummmmmmmm I think I will wait on THAt one LOL. So, how did they get all those

"swings" on board?

didnt see that, and thank you. However for tis one I am afraid I need a 5 day. Am taking my 2 youngest grandsones. they will be 10 by then, and I think that may be a little to long for a first cruise for 2 kiddos. but darn that looks good. wonder if they would let me go and then can go in 2014?

Archived