Time it takes to get back to the car

bigshowble

Hello,

My friends and I are planning on going to Disney World after our cruise. Our cruise docks at FT. Lauderdale at 7 a.m. How long will it take before we can get back to our car to begin our drive to Orlando? Is there a place I should park to shorten the time it takes to get back there?

Thanks,

Brian

Most of the time you park close to the pier where your ship is docked and then return to the same pier at the end of the cruise. However, we had the occasion to sail from pier 19 and return to pier 2 (I think those numbers are correct). Princess provided a shuttle from pier 2 to the garage next to pier 19. It was too far to walk (also there were some areas where there was no sidewalk) and it took about 15 or 20 additional minutes for our bus to be loaded with our luggage and of course the people. Then it was about a ten minute ride and another 15 or so to off load the luggage.

Most of the time you park close to the pier where your ship is docked and then return to the same pier at the end of the cruise. However, we had the occasion to sail from pier 19 and return to pier 2...

For our last cruise on the Grand a few weeks ago we embarked at pier 21 and disembarked at pier 2. It made no difference for us, but friends who parked their car in the lot a pier 21 needed to take the shuttle to retrieve their car.

Incidentally, we also drive up to Walt Disney World after our cruise every year. We're currently at Old Key West and will be until March 18th.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

If we decide to park at one of the off site locations to save money, would the wait be significantly longer? Are there any that you specifically recommend?

The wait can be significantly longer. On our cruise in Nov, we waited 45 minutes for the shuttle to come get us, then drive us to the lot, then pay. We were an hour and a half from ship to car.....but for only $8.00 a day, instead of $15 at the pier, we opted to go budget.

You can google Port Everglades parking. There are many, many off sites.

For our cruise in Dec, we were in a hurry to get going so we paid the $15 and parked at the pier. It took us only 15 min from cabin to car.

Archived