Email from Carnival

tkjohn25

If you're thinking about cruising in June, July or August, now is the time to book and save. Due to record reservation activity, effective March 22nd, Carnival Cruise Lines will increase pricing on all summer 2010 sailings.

Just received this email from carnival. Thought the board would be interested. John.

If you're thinking about cruising in June, July or August, now is the time to book and save. Due to record reservation activity, effective March 22nd, Carnival Cruise Lines will increase pricing on all summer 2010 sailings.

Just received this email from carnival. Thought the board would be interested. John.

I also recieved this email.

Yep, the put it on their FaceBook and Twitter also. Be nice if all companies, not just cruise companies, gave ya a months notice on increases. Stock up on food and gas ahead of time then :-)

Yep, the put it on their FaceBook and Twitter also. Be nice if all companies, not just cruise companies, gave ya a months notice on increases. Stock up on food and gas ahead of time then :-)

I was thinking the same thing. Heck, it would be nice if all cruise lines would do this.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/Price_Advisory.htm

MIAMI (February 24, 2010) - Carnival Cruise Lines is reporting record wave season bookings, with strong reservations activity for 2010 departures.

As a result of the strong booking volumes, a general price increase will be implemented effective March 22 for all June, July, and August sailings.

For the period of Jan. 1 through Feb. 21, 2010, bookings were at unprecedented levels for the line's 22 ships which operate three- to 15-day voyages from a variety of convenient North American home ports.

Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill said, "We're seeing significantly increased volume as consumers are taking advantage of the incredible value that a Carnival cruise provides. And while pricing hasn't fully recovered to 2008 levels, we are increasing prices and will implement an across-the-board increase effective March 22."

He said that the price increases will vary by departure date but will be up to 5 percent. Cahill attributed the record booking activity to a wide range of factors, including strong travel agent partner support, targeted marketing initiatives, itinerary enhancements and the wide variety of close-to-home departure points.

Wave season typically runs from about mid-January through early spring and is traditionally the busiest, most important booking period in the cruise industry.

Carnival Cruise Lines is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 22 "Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 15 days in length to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Canada, New England and Europe.

Carnival also has two new ships on order -- the 130,000-ton Carnival Magic, which is scheduled for delivery in 2011, and a sister ship set to debut in 2012.

The other day I received an interesting email from Carnival. It was announcing some work recently done on Facination and Glory. It announced "Your Choice Dining". I thought, with my stomach sinking, oh no not another one. Carnival is just about the only line that has kept to traditional dining exclusively. Reading further they said, if you get hungry early we have a table reserved for you at 6. If you get hungry later, we have a table reserved for you at 8:15. If you wish to wear flip flops and cutoffs all the time our casual restaurant is for you. If you want elegant dining our steakhouse will please you. Enjoy "Your Choice Dining". Good for Carnival, I got a good chuckle over this one.

I think it is (at least partially) a very clever marketing gimmick. "We're going to raise prices...so hurry and book..."

And people will!

Just my two cents. ;)

It will also make people be motivated to book now, keeping them from booking with other cruiselines..and boost their summer cruise occupancy. I am cruising in March and the price dropped tremendously..

I think it is (at least partially) a very clever marketing gimmick. "We're going to raise prices...so hurry and book..."

And people will!

Just my two cents. ;)

Agreed.

It's the "Impending event close." Zig Zeegler was teaching this fifty years ago. "Buy this aluminum siding today - the price goes up tomorrow!"

It seems to me the prices fluctuate 5% on a day to day basis anyway. Give them your $400 for next years cruise today, because it might cost you $420 next year? That price will rise and fall at least ten times between now and then.

It's posted right on their website with a link to all the information.

Archived