Vatican tour

I went to the Vatican website today and looked for reservations for the museums and Sistine Chapel. If I read it correctly, it looks like individuals can book reservations for the tours no earlier than 30 days prior to the day of their visit. I am unclear as to whether or not you have to go there and stand in line to pick up a ticket. Can anyone clarify this for me? I understand this is the best way to avoid standing in a long line. Help!!!

TIA

Margie

Hello to all,

We are a group of 3 and have reservations for a private tour with limo in Rome agency(9 hours inclusding transfer back and forth from the ship). We are sailing on the ship Millennieum on 6/8/05. Tour day for Rome is June 11,2005. We had made arrangements to share our tour with another party of 2, but are uncertain if they will still be joining us. The tour can accomodate a maximum of 6 person and shared cost is 480 Euros. We have also had tour operator make a reservation for us with the Vatican for a tour of museums and Sistine Chapel for the 10:30am tour. This will prevent us having to wait on any line at Vatican. The added cost of this option is 20 Euro with admission and tour of vatican/Sistine included. Is there anyone out there who might be interested in sharing out tour day with us?

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone,

TAKE CARE...

It looks as if avila IS romeinlimo.com. Only 5 posts, all recommending the tour, all in mis-spelled english. I'd want real and proper recommendations for any tours that I was booking.

I always look at the posting history and it's amazing what it can show.

Andy

Hi to All,

Just wanted to add something to the conversation. There seems to be two tour companies in Rome with very similar names and it would be easy to confuse them. Rome in Limo Company is the one mentioned above. Our group booked with a company called www.limoinrome.com. It is definitely a different website and different owners.They seem very professional and all arrangements were confirmed by Claudio. They also helped us to set up a Vatican sponsored tour reservation so we can avoid the lines. If you are considering a tour. Check out their website. Our trip is not until June. When I get back I will give feedback.

Ellen

Lorraine,

We have done exactly that and can drop you details in an email if you like.

I would be interested in details as well. My wife and self are going to Rome for 4 days pre cruise in July and were thinking of our own walking tour. If convenient please forward details to for35rod@peoplepc.com Thanks in advance

Just noticed e-mail address incomplete. ITs ford35rod@peoplepc.com

Andy are you still around? I am also going to Rome at the end of July. I could also benifit from your info. dsbarry@att.net Thanks! Good news and bad, I am planning to take advantage of the last sunday of the month free. Heard that the vatican museum is free on that day. I have never heard of anyone doing this, I am starting to think it is a rumor. Has anyone gone to the vatican on that day and how do you line up for entry to the museum without a ticket. Are there any other museums that take part on the free day?

Thanks for everyones help, debbie

Archived