Grandeur of the Seas

This will be my first time on the Granduer as well as our Honeymoon cruise. We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale to key west, cozumel and coco cay. Does anyone have pics or menus or just anything about the Grandeur? Ive been on the Sovereign(my fav) plenty of times. Are they comparable? And we will also be on our cruise for July 4th...Do they do fireworks or anything fun for the holiday?

This will be my first time on the Granduer as well as our Honeymoon cruise. We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale to key west, cozumel and coco cay. Does anyone have pics or menus or just anything about the Grandeur? Ive been on the Sovereign(my fav) plenty of times. Are they comparable? And we will also be on our cruise for July 4th...Do they do fireworks or anything fun for the holiday?

We have been on the Granduer 2 different times. It is a beautiful small ship. In 06 we left on the 4th of July, and they did nothing special, it was just a regular day. Coco Cay is beautiful, great beach day, with lunch served on the beach.

Grandeur is a bit larger than Sovereign - I've been on most classes of ship (except Oasis), and I actually think Grandeur is my favorite - I enjoyed the layout, and its not too big, not too small.

There's usually a Meet & Mingle Thread for each cruise, but I'm not sure if one exsists for your cruise. Check that out - if not, you could start one.

Fireworks: we cruised once for 4th of July. We were in port and the port had fireworks, but nothing on board.

And last, search these forums - you'll finds tons of reviews, pics, info on Grandeur - just takes a little research. Good luck.

This will be my 4th time to Coco Cay...it's my fav although there really is nothing there lol...its just sooo pretty...I've never been to Key West or Cozumel so I'm really not sure what to do in those ports....Other then get some Key Lime Pie in Key West!

Does any one know if the showers in the balcony rooms on Grandeur have doors or shower curtains? I was on there so long ago, I can't remember. The doors are so much nicer... just curious?

Five weeks from this moment I'll have finished my formal night dinner on the Granduer. I haven't been on her before, but I've been on several other Vision Class ships. All of the Vision ships have shower curtains, except maybe the stretch portion of the Enchantment.

Cozumel has something for everyone. I've done the cheap snorkeling, the very nice Passion Island Beach, The Horseback Riding, Just Walked around and shopped with DW, and in five weeks two days I'll go bottom fishing. Key West is also very nice. You must stop at the Blonde Giraffe for the :DCHOCOCLATE DIPPED FROZEN KEY LIME PIE ON A STICK.:D The Hemmingway House is a very nice stop there too. You don't have to be a Literature Snob to really enjoy it. I haven't been to Coco Cay, but DW has taken our son there for a short school break getaway; they loved it. You will have a wonderful time.

Hi there - been on the Grandeur and no shower curtains, just glass doors - we go on her on March 29th - you will enjoy the ship its older but lovely - we had a great time in January so re booked a cruise:)

Were you in a suite or a regular room? I thought they didn't switch over to the "transporter beam" shower stalls unitl part way through the Radiance Class ships.

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas last November out of Baltimore; a 9 day cruise that turned into 10 days due to stormy weather conditions on the voyage back. But what a lovely, lovely cruise!

Our cabins were on deck 8 (interior) but who cares eh? We enjoyed every minute on the Grandeur and especially the Windjammer Café. So much food, so much to choose from. Often we managed to get a table by the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. Wonderful, wonderful.

We went casual again this cruise because we have 'done' the formal thing and we asked ourselves why are we packing all this extra stuff? Now we look at a cruise the same way as spending a week or so at a land resort. Relaxed, easy going, no rush, eat, drink, make new friends, laugh and enjoy everyone and each other.

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas last November out of Baltimore; a 9 day cruise that turned into 10 days due to stormy weather conditions on the voyage back. But what a lovely, lovely cruise!

Our cabins were on deck 8 (interior) but who cares eh? We enjoyed every minute on the Grandeur and especially the Windjammer Café. So much food, so much to choose from. Often we managed to get a table by the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean. Wonderful, wonderful.

We went casual again this cruise because we have 'done' the formal thing and we asked ourselves why are we packing all this extra stuff? Now we look at a cruise the same way as spending a week or so at a land resort. Relaxed, easy going, no rush, eat, drink, make new friends, laugh and enjoy everyone and each other.

We have been on the Grandeur 3 times. Very clean, small ship with helpful people. The food in the dining room is great. We ate every meal there except in port.

TennGirl615 - Grandeur is our favorite ship and we are sad to see her leaving Baltimore. The crew was the best we've ever had on any ship. There are enough activities to keep you busy but not so many people that you feel crowded.

oldgysandgals

We were on that cruise too. Too bad the extra day couldn't have been somewhere nice and warm but I thought the staff did a great job of coming up with things for passengers to do.

Ship Ahoy there.. checkard :)

We agree 100%, on that day especially the crew and staff went out of their way in entertaining the passengers, free internet access and telephone to re-book flights/hotels etc. and yes, a nicer warmer place would have been a real bonus.

Because of the delay and not being able to fly out until the following Monday, (frequent flyer points) we spent another 2 fantastic days in beautiful Baltimore. Your Inner Harbour is amazing and we spent many hours at the restaurants, shopping, walking, and more walking..and we also toured Little Italy, so charming. Thank you Baltimore for making us feel so welcome!

PS.What a small world! In Oct.2007 we also sailed on the Empress! It was a 10 or 11 day cruise out of San Juan. Another great ship in the RCCL fleet.

TennGirl615 - Grandeur is our favorite ship and we are sad to see her leaving Baltimore. The crew was the best we've ever had on any ship. There are enough activities to keep you busy but not so many people that you feel crowded.

oldgysandgals

We were on that cruise too. Too bad the extra day couldn't have been somewhere nice and warm but I thought the staff did a great job of coming up with things for passengers to do.

Independance Day is an AMERICAN holiday....the ship is not American,...so do NOT expect any "hoopla" on the 4th of July! We are the only country that has this holiday!

You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between "ownership" and "registry". Two different animals.

We sailed on the Grandeur in June '08. It's a beautiful ship -- I love all of the glass. It has a small ship feel without feeling crowded. We'd definitely sail on her again.

Independance Day is an AMERICAN holiday....the ship is not American,...so do NOT expect any "hoopla" on the 4th of July! We are the only country that has this holiday!

We have the 4th of July here in Canada,it falls between the 3rd and the 5th of July.

And we will also be on our cruise for July 4th...Do they do fireworks or anything fun for the holiday?

I believe the only cruiseline permitted to have on board fireworks is Disney. If you are not in a US port on the Fourth, I wouldn't expect any celebrations.

We were in the UK once over Thanksgiving. Not a big holiday there, as one might assume. ;)

Have a great time, we have some Visa points we may try and use for the Grandeur next year. Please post a review when you return.

Holly

Archived