Upgrade from a HC balcony?

tinatark

We booked yesterday (3/2) for the 4/3 sailing on the Crown - wanted a BA balcony and were assigned a HC balcony on the Caribe deck.

Has anyone gotten an upgrade from a HC room? We did not mark the booking "no upgrade"

We are not expecting an upgrade, but a mini would be great - the problem is, since the balcony is the top level balcony, unless we get a really good location mini suite, the location will not be as desirable as the cabin we have now.

An upgrade is always a possibility, but many more sail without one than with one.

As to the minis, if most are not desirable to you, why not mark "No Upgrade". You will likely find out about any upgrade after your original cabin has been reassigned.

Did you book a handicapped accessible cabin on purpose or did you book a guarantee and get assigned that cabin? There's not much time before your cruise, so I'm assuming the latter. HC cabins are much larger than the regular cabins. If it is a guarantee, you can't mark it "no upgrade." If you need a HC cabin, there are not many suites that have the accessible bathrooms.

We just booked this week - don't need the HC but at less than 4 weeks out felt okay booking it, that I wasn't "taking away" someone's cabin.

A little ot, but I've read on these boards that the HC cabins book SO quickly, etc... but there were MANY open for this cruise at a month out. I was surprised when my ta offered it, but didn't turn it down.

Archived