Camera from QM2 found at the bottom of the sea

DFD1

Over on the Cunard forum is the amazing story of the camera lost overboard from the QM2, found by a fisherman and returned to the owners in South Africe.....all with the help of Cruise Critic and the BBC.

An amazing story of wonderful people and remarkable luck.

The thread is a great read.

Over on the Cunard fourm is the amazing story of the camera lost overboard from the QM2, found by a fisherman and returned to the owners in South Africe.....all with the help of Cruise Critic and the BBC.

An amazing story of wonderful people and remarkable luck.

The thread is a great read.

Is it possible for you to post the thread link for us? Please? I hate having to dig for a specific thread....

Joanie

Thank you both for the links and the thread!! I am only now getting to post #144 on the thread SAFRICAN coming in to tell us it is her camera!! OMG if this does not make you love CC even more than before.... My wondering mind wonders what made Benito (the OP, CC name Mauregato) post on CC to begin with?? The man is a GENIUS!!!!!

OK, off to read the other 4-5 pages!! I cannot let this one go I have to finish it!!

Joanie

What a wonderful and heart warming story. It just proves there still are "good" people out there, and the lengths they will go to in order to help others. It also shows what a great asset Cruise Critic was in this case, and that the media do drop in to see what's going on from time to time!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I read the Cunard threads too and was intrigued by that thread and amazed at the final result: Cruise Critic helping the owner be reunited with the camera! And a fellow South African to boot. Gotta love Cruise critic. :)

Archived