Where to breakfast in Southampton?

leagle

Does anyone know of a restaurant or hotel in Southampton that serves a good breakfast/brunch as late as 10 or 11 am?

Ideally it would be either near the relevant dock for the August departure or close to the railway station so taxis are easy to get.

It also needs to be big enough for a number of cc pax meeting up.

Thanks

Does anyone know of a restaurant or hotel in Southampton that serves a good breakfast/brunch as late as 10 or 11 am?

Ideally it would be either near the relevant dock for the August departure or close to the railway station so taxis are easy to get.

It also needs to be big enough for a number of cc pax meeting up.

Thanks

I will be having breakfast in the ASDA cafe in May, it's not up to Cunard standards but they do a good breakfast.

After disembarking QV recently, we met friends (who had overnighted there and were embarking QV) at the Holiday Inn near the docks. Buffet. Adequate. Nothing exciting but convenient. Just minutes from the quay via taxi.

West Quay is a shopping mall near to the port and as people are incapable nowadays of shopping without eating there is a large food terrace with all sorts of nasty sounding places. The attached url will take you to the Brochure and then you may judge what if anything takes your fancy. To me the cafes sound nicer than KFC. Hope it helps

http://www.west-quay.co.uk/Manager.Documents/WQMallGuide200909.pdf

I think it would depend on your budget and the number of people.

If there were a large number it might be difficult to all arrive in ASDA complete with bags as in IKEA, although both those would not be expensive.

If there are enough of you to make it worthwhile you could approach a hotel close to the dock in advance and ask if they could provide brunch for X number of people.

I am sure the DeVere could help you.

Alternatively you could ask places such as The White Star, Oxfords or Dock Gate 4. All who have restaurants very close to the docks and may welcome the extra business and wouldn't mind arranging something special for you.

The White Star have rooms and so already serve breakfast, although I would have thought breakfast service would have finished by the time you want to arrive. It must be worth asking the question?

Mrs B

Archived