MasterChief

omakim

Don't worry. We have long since learned that Americans can't speak or write English, preferring some strange dialect of their own.

A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

The Brotherhood? The only brotherhood I hold dear is for those of us who've come under fire in a combat zone.

Well - that's you and me then, can't speak for the rest of the membership.

Sir Martin is missing some crucial body parts, but I don't think they were shot off.

:D:D

J

Thanks. Oh I know I'll be a youngster compared to some, if not many. It's just that it's my first trip on an ocean liner and I'm looking forward to having a whole lot of fun at the same time being courteous and respectable. I know I'll find a lot of good people who are friendly and not judgmental. By the way, "judgmental" is the way we Americans spell the word. I assume I'll get blasted for that too. Pressing on regardless.

Oh I am certain you will find lots of good people who are friendly and not judgmental at all, actually a great deal less judgmental than you will find on this board. These are the ocean liner purists here, for the most part, at least that is how I would describe them. But they are good people too, just a little staid in their opinions about what should and should not take place aboard a a Cunard ship.

You have chosen a wonderful line and I am sure you will enjoy the ship greatly. I take it you are traveling (another American spelling) on the QM2. And if you are, you will find she is a lovely, lovely ship. Have a magnificent time.:)

Gail

Sir Martin is missing some crucial body parts, but I don't think they were shot off.

J

But you told me that missing body parts were an essential qualification for joining the Brotherhood, and I soooo wanted to join.

OMG, you weren't telling fibs were you:eek:?

Brother(?) Sir Martin

But you told me that missing body parts were an essential qualification for joining the Brotherhood, and I soooo wanted to join.

Brother(?) Sir Martin

No Brother Martin - I never lie!!

Hee hee hee.

J

Our discussion has drifted far from the tie/cummerbund question I asked, but it's fun to share, so I'll ask: Wasn't Mark Twain accepted outside our savage soil?

OK, one of the things you'll find a lot around here is a little cyber-artefact known as "thread drift". It's common on all message boards. As a general rule of thumb, you will find that your question tends to be answered within the first 10 posts. If it isn't it generally means that nobody knows the answer. Posts after #10 tend to have a relationship to the original question that is, at best, tenuous. Once you are out into the dark and freakish no-mans-land beyond about #50 things become, to be flattering, totally bizarre.

Mark Twain is a highly regarded author on the right hand side of the Atlantic, even in our present, semi-literate, times.

J

So then what color clip on bowtie goes with the White Dinner Jacket? Are epaulets in bad taste? :eek:

Also, are polka dot dinner suits passé or can I break mine out?

Did you ever hear the one about the Englishman, the Scotsman, The Irishman, and the hamster?

J

OK, one of the things you'll find a lot around here is a little cyber-artefact known as "thread drift". It's common on all message boards. As a general rule of thumb, you will find that your question tends to be answered within the first 10 posts. If it isn't it generally means that nobody knows the answer. Posts after #10 tend to have a relationship to the original question that is, at best, tenuous. Once you are out into the dark and freakish no-mans-land beyond about #50 things become, to be flattering, totally bizarre.

Mark Twain is a highly regarded author on the right hand side of the Atlantic, even in our present, semi-literate, times.

J

Mr Cruachen, and to whoever reads this, and those who have weighed in with comments and advice: I did not know I would get so much out of a single "thread." I have learned a lot. So many opinions and ideas! A heck of a lot of fun, believe me, no matter how smart-alecky I get sometimes. I apologize for that. I am happy to be a member of Cruise Critic. As some already know, I'll be sailing on QM2 in May, my first trip on an ocean liner. Looks like I picked the best cruise line in the world, with the best folks to share the fair winds and following seas.

Mr Cruachen, and to whoever reads this, and those who have weighed in with comments and advice: I did not know I would get so much out of a single "thread." I have learned a lot. So many opinions and ideas! A heck of a lot of fun, believe me, no matter how smart-alecky I get sometimes. I apologize for that. I am happy to be a member of Cruise Critic. As some already know, I'll be sailing on QM2 in May, my first trip on an ocean liner. Looks like I picked the best cruise line in the world, with the best folks to share the fair winds and following seas.

Please don't. We can certainly use more of that smart thingey stuff over here :rolleyes:

P.S. Howdy, neighbor/neighbour

Indeed, I believe you have found your niche. Welcome aboard.

And I believe you have already met Gari. It could be you may make a formidable opponent for him. Have fun!

Brother(?) Sir Martin

Oh dear, heaven forgive me, but I am really going to like saying this....

It is just those missing parts that have disqualified you from the Brotherhood!! HEHEHEHE!!!! :D:p Out foxed by Brother Cruachan...what an absolutely brilliant day this turned out to be. As we say here in the deep south of the colonies, you been snookered bubba!! :eek:

Oh my, that was just too delicious to pass up!!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but back to QM2 for 14 days somewhere

Archived