What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it?

steveaaaaa

I noticed the other day that a 20 oz bottle of water will slide in side the tube that Lays stackers come in,

what if i filled the bottle with vodka, or what ever, then put it in the tube, reglued the foil and packed it in the luggage?

What happens if they start catching people really trying to smuggle booze on like this, changing bottles, and packages, would this cause bigger problems that could effect your going on the cruise, or tsa, homeland type of problems?

Well at least at the port I've gone through, it's like going through airport security. They put your carry-ons through an xray. Only when they see something on xray that should be inspected do they then decide to go through your bag. So a water bottle inside of another container would probably raise some flags.

I haven't seen this question or answer yet....how would you get the cork back into the bottle? I've never been able to get a cork all the way back into a bottle after opening it :confused: Of note, we were advised by the sommelier at our wine store that many of even the top end wines are going to screw off tops due to a cork shortage.

We make our own wine and have a tool that corks the bottles. You can get it at the wine store and I think it is relatively inexpensive. You can also buy the shrink wraps for the bottle.

I haven't seen this question or answer yet....how would you get the cork back into the bottle? I've never been able to get a cork all the way back into a bottle after opening it :confused: Of note, we were advised by the sommelier at our wine store that many of even the top end wines are going to screw off tops due to a cork shortage.

All you have to do is put the cork in hot water and bring it to a boil, it will get soft enough to push back in, of course, if you start doing it all the time, a small investment into a corker would make the job even easier. You can get a corker or brand new screw top lids and the foil wrapper all from any good wine and brewing company online or if you have a local one. The stuff is real cheap, except maybe the corker, although they do have some fairly simple and cheap ones. I like the idea, good job Steve! I should have thought of it because I make wine and beer. :confused:

I believe they look for any open bottle coming through security at embarkation. I've seen them throw out bottled water if the cap seal is broken. That would apply to screwtop wines and soda bottles as well. As far as shrinkwrapped if it's a foil seal maybe you get away with it. No foil seal, it's opened:(

great idea!!!!!! you send two in the checked luggage and two in carryon ( assuming theres 2 people in the cabin and you are good to go!) nice!!!!!

Just a little warning - they have been getting quite a few of the wine bottles in peoples CHECKED bags. The shape of the bottle seems to raise the red flags.

We make our own wine and have a tool that corks the bottles. You can get it at the wine store and I think it is relatively inexpensive. You can also buy the shrink wraps for the bottle.

All you have to do is put the cork in hot water and bring it to a boil, it will get soft enough to push back in, of course, if you start doing it all the time, a small investment into a corker would make the job even easier. You can get a corker or brand new screw top lids and the foil wrapper all from any good wine and brewing company online or if you have a local one. The stuff is real cheap, except maybe the corker, although they do have some fairly simple and cheap ones. I like the idea, good job Steve! I should have thought of it because I make wine and beer. :confused:

Thanks! DH and I typically empty a bottle in 2 days so I guess it never occurred to me that they could be recorked. Learn something new every day :D

Well at least at the port I've gone through, it's like going through airport security. They put your carry-ons through an xray. Only when they see something on xray that should be inspected do they then decide to go through your bag. So a water bottle inside of another container would probably raise some flags.

Well that is my fear, that you get a gung ho security guard that sees this un-identified liquid, being hidden in a bottle, in a tube, in my luggage, and now,

"waldo, you have some splainin to do"

To quote Mr Recardo.

Lol awesome! 2 liter soda bottles work better though imo....

My cousin stated that when they went on their CC that they got a 6 pk of the 16 oz water bottles that were in the plastic over wrap and very carfully took a few out and filled them with vodka, put a small black dot on the bottom of the bottle to mark it and carefully slid them back into the plastic over wrap. They did this with whiskey too but used a 6 pack of Nestea bottles. It slid right through. :D

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Reverse the cork the way you took it out. The bottom becomes the top and the bottom is tapered enough to get it back into the bottle. You can tell I've done this before. :D

I believe they look for any open bottle coming through security at embarkation. I've seen them throw out bottled water if the cap seal is broken. That would apply to screwtop wines and soda bottles as well. As far as shrinkwrapped if it's a foil seal maybe you get away with it. No foil seal, it's opened:(

That would be the reason for buying new ones from a wine making store as per the previous posts. :)

Why not email carnival with that idea.

It will accomplish 1 of 2 things now.

They will either not do anything about it or they will no longer allow wine to be brought onboard,so its win win as far as I am concerned.

I will get booze onboard,the question is how much?:eek::D

Steve

OMG. This has been my best kept secret to get my rum on board and now the jig is up.

I make my own wine so I have the floor corker, corks, bottles, labels and shrink caps. Use dark green bottles filled with the Captain and you cant tell the different as I fill the bottle up pass the shrink cap.

I hope I can still get them through.

What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it? And put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle?

Steve

Don't want that new xray machine to get me.:D

WOW never thought of this. I make my own wine so I have a corker and the shrink sleeve. Might just have to try it. Thanks

What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it? And put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle?

Steve

Don't want that new xray machine to get me.:D

If you replace wine with booze and recork it then put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle. You will have booze in a wine bottle that has been recorked with a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle.:D

Sorry I just could not help myself.

Edited by TahoeBob