• NCL
    • Holland America
    • MSC
    • Cunard
    • Oceania
    • Costa
    • Other: Please Comment

NONE OF THE ABOVE

None of the listed companies in the poll build ships. Most are actually built by European Shipyards such as Kvaerner Masa (Finland), Meyer Werft(Germany), Alstom Chantiers de L'Atlantique (France) and so on.

I think the OP clarified what she meant the first time someone said this.

NONE OF THE ABOVE

None of the listed companies in the poll build ships. Most are actually built by European Shipyards such as Kvaerner Masa (Finland), Meyer Werft(Germany), Alstom Chantiers de L'Atlantique (France) and so on.

Good one Scott. Hadn't heard that one before LOL.

I must be missing something, Princess ships don't look anything like Carnival & Costa?

Sorry, I meant the Carnival umbrella which decides on a style of ship, then uses it throughout its different lines. The "Grand" style ship has been in use for a few years now, and pops up in Princess lines, P&O, and I always thought some of Costa and Carnival had the same basic plan.

The "Vista" style ship is used for Queen Victoria/Cunard; Arcadia/P&O; Carnival Legend; 3 Costa ships and Oosterdam/HAL.

jocap.

No, I got it wrong....Grand class is exclusive to Princess/P&O sisters; the class of ships I was thinking of is the Spirit class from Helsinki, which is for Carnival and Costa. Sorry!:o

Diamond and Sapphire Princess were built in Misubishi Nagasaki yard. The HAL ship was originally passed to Cunard in 2003, but ended up as P&O's Arcadia.

Jo.

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Technically true, but they wouldn't be building any ships if their customers did not order them and specify what they want. It isn't like the yards decide what RCI, NCL and Carnival will sail.

No, I got it wrong....Grand class is exclusive to Princess/P&O sisters; the class of ships I was thinking of is the Spirit class from Helsinki, which is for Carnival and Costa. Sorry!:o

Jo.

You may have also been thinking of the Carnival Destiny, which went on to spawn a bunch of different Carnival and Costa siblings. The Destiny pre-dated the Grand Princess by a couple years, and Princess wasn't under the Carnival Corp umbrella then either.

Technically true, but they wouldn't be building any ships if their customers did not order them and specify what they want. It isn't like the yards decide what RCI, NCL and Carnival will sail.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The question seemed clear to me.

Archived